GDT: Yippee-Kay-Yay: Blackhawks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Good game by them today (minus the second period that was AWFUL). Especially liked Hischier's speed tonight, he was flying. Seemed faster than normal.

And on the main boards are there no moderators? In that EichelvsMatthews thread there are posters attacking me personally, posting pictures of nonsense, and just completely derailing the thread with clear trolling. Im not trying to derail this thread but I dont know where else to ask as a new(ish) poster. Are these forums actually watched by admins/mods??

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
f*** it, I'm gonna say it. This team is better than 2012. Come at me.

No...we're only about 7 pages short of the average GDT I'd wager.

I haven't posted in this thread since the game began. Family got in from Schaumburg for the holidays, but they don't root for the Hawks because of the Patrick Kane stuff, so I couldn't just put the game on. I did get to watch the first period though, and that was the best part, and went back and watched Hall's goal and Bratt's PS.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
**** it, I'm gonna say it. This team is better than 2012. Come at me.

I haven't posted in this thread since the game began. Family got in from Schaumburg for the holidays, but they don't root for the Hawks because of the Patrick Kane stuff, so I couldn't just put the game on. I did get to watch the first period though, and that was the best part, and went back and watched Hall's goal and Bratt's PS.
It's a holiday weekend. Plenty of people are probably traveling tonight too. But I can promise you that we average somewhere in the 40s pagewise when it comes to GDTs. I notice such things unfortunately.

Reactions: Blackjack

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Finally answered the trivia question, figured there'd be one outlier - it was Henrique and Doug Brown. Poor Dano must have taken one too many knocks to the head guessing Gomez lol

It's not a bad guess being that he was a rookie of the year.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I got trivia half right.

Doug Brown and Adam Henrique.

I thought it was Madden and Henrique.

Now I know Madden had shorthanded goals in his rookie season, even Dano thought so. Why isn't he on that list? All the rookie who've scored at least 1 shorty in their rookie season on the team had one.

I had the same guess, I see that THEY got it wrong though, not us.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If Pavel Zacha finds his game this team will be straight up impossible to defend. A-Line + Mogilny/Gomez/Brylin level domination.

PZ has started to uplift his game and has good chemistry with Wood.

Just think that we haven't seen MoJos best yet either.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Did you seriously get giraffes? Nice! I don't know many people who have them as pets!

I disagree on Schneider though. He flopped a few times when he shouldn't have, the D bailed him out on those ones.

Kinkaid will be better if he ever gets the chance.

Notice how one certain poster is conspicuously missing from tonight's GDT? I figured he'd for sure be mad with that goal Cory allowed, which is usually a screen or the D's fault when Ryan Miller or Keith Kinkaid allows it, but a really soft goal when Schneider allows it.

tumblr_m1w0m7L0Ks1r1f5gno1_250.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
PZ has started to uplift his game and has good chemistry with Wood.

Just think that we haven't seen MoJos best yet either.

Were either Mojo or Zacha actually good tonight? That would be refreshing.

Didnt see the game, just the highlights. The Zacha goal was basically an ENG that was 90% beautiful pass by Noesen. That guy's elevated his game big-time this season; it makes you wonder if folks gave up on him too soon given he's a 1st-round pick and still only 24 years old.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Didnt see the game, just the highlights. The Zacha goal was basically an ENG that was 90% beautiful pass by Noesen. That guy's elevated his game big-time this season; it makes you wonder if folks gave up on him too soon given he's a 1st-round pick and still only 24 years old.

Eh, it was still a good play by Zacha, yeah, it wasn't a snipe, but you but you put it together with that goal that he missed by a tenth of a second, and the pass to Bratt for the breakaway tonight, and you start to see some signs of hope.

I'd say there's still a lot for him to improve on, someone mentioned that he loses too many battles along the boards and I agree. But he's far better than he was in late October and November.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

PZ was solid, Mojo was too soft on the puck IMO. So was Nico who looked tired tonight. He could use a few days off to recharge.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And we got Noesen for literally nothing. Thanks again Bob Murray.
And he scores two goals against the Ducks, including the game winner with minutes left in regulation, when all we were hearing about was Henrique’s big game. I thought that was funny. The one guy that Ducks fans probably didn’t expect to so shit in that game, after we’re predictinf a Henrique goal for 3 weeks. :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I had the same guess, I see that THEY got it wrong though, not us.
I guess they’re human too! Or their robots are junk! Haha.

After this one, I’m gonna wonder if they got any other ones wrong or if they get any other ones wrong in the future!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->