Proposal: Yes or No: Hit the reset button on this team

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
Maybe the fact that the Leafs absolutely need to exchange (what should be) top six players with their depth players tells you that those players aren't actually top six players to begin with there, bud.

Hence the need for a rebuild.... ?

I know you're trying to argue really hard against a full out rebuild for the Leafs, but what you're actually doing for me right here is giving me ammo to use against this silly little idea of yours.

Thanks, I guess....

:help:

So me saying our high end players need better two way depth players to compliment them instead of what we have is giving you ammo? ugh... :help:

Prime example, look how good Nazem "no two way game" kadri looks with a couple good 3rd/4th line two way players.

Care to explain that one?

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
6 wins all is well

2 losses and lets tank like edmonton
of course the only time when bomber writes anything

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I wish we could trade Kessel for an $8M #1 center, trade Bozak for a $4M top 6 winger and trade Jake Gardiner for a $4M top 4 defensemen.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Teams take on the traits of their best players.

It should not be startling that the much maligned play of this team mirrors that of our two star players.

Both need to go. One is soft, lazy defensively, shies away from every ******* hit. How any teammate can sit beside him knowing that they have to sacrifice themselves every shift to make a play and he can skate away from any contact is beyond me. He cherry picks and shows up whenever he feels like it. He marches to his own tune and we can't have that in a team game.

The other star is a pylon. Slow as molasses, questionable IQ, disappears when his leadership is counted on and needed the most. His play has been adequate for the most part, but you're not getting paid for adequacy. I can almost sense an air of disgruntlement between him and the fans. If the team continues on a tailspin, he will receive the McCabe treatment from the Leafs faithful.

Nothing changes unless we trade these two first. We can trade everyone on the entire team and overhaul management. If these guys are still here, we will continue to watch this uninspired brand of hockey that is shamelessly called the Toronto Maple Leafs.

leafstilldeath*

For me the core guys for the past 4 to 5 years have been:

Kessel, Lupul, Bozak. Phaneuf

others were gone (Grabo, Kuli, Mac, Komisarek, etc...)

As far as I am concerned I would like to BLOW THIS CORE THE F UP. Why? This core has not accomplished anything in the past 5 seasons. Their success rate, if any, is 20% i.e. only 1 post season appearance out of 5 seasons.

JVR-Kadri-XXX
Nylander-Holland-XXX
Komarav-XXX-Santo
XXX-XXX-XXX

Rielly-XXX
Gards-Percy
XXX-XXX

Get picks/prospects by trading players.

Bottom Line: Its all about winning the cup. Kessel, Lupul, Bozak and Phaneuf are not gonna take us to the promised land.

P.S. Want Carlyle gone as well with his stupid old age systems and the dumbass GM in Nonis that signed ridiculous contracts, threw away 2nd round picks and let assets walk

leafstilldeath*

Teams take on the traits of their best players.

It should not be startling that the much maligned play of this team mirrors that of our two star players.

Both need to go. One is soft, lazy defensively, shies away from every ******* hit. How any teammate can sit beside him knowing that they have to sacrifice themselves every shift to make a play and he can skate away from any contact is beyond me. He cherry picks and shows up whenever he feels like it. He marches to his own tune and we can't have that in a team game.

The other star is a pylon. Slow as molasses, questionable IQ, disappears when his leadership is counted on and needed the most. His play has been adequate for the most part, but you're not getting paid for adequacy. I can almost sense an air of disgruntlement between him and the fans. If the team continues on a tailspin, he will receive the McCabe treatment from the Leafs faithful.

Nothing changes unless we trade these two first. We can trade everyone on the entire team and overhaul management. If these guys are still here, we will continue to watch this uninspired brand of hockey that is shamelessly called the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Cannot be said enough. Best players whether wearing the letter on their jersey or not are leaders. And for the leafs they suck. Didn't Leiweke already say that there are leadership issues on the roster?

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Need a coach that wants it for the team and not for his job.Bottom line!

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So me saying our high end players need better two way depth players to compliment them instead of what we have is giving you ammo? ugh... :help:

Prime example, look how good Nazem "no two way game" kadri looks with a couple good 3rd/4th line two way players.

Care to explain that one?

So knowing we, as the Toronto Maple Leafs, exist in the salary cap world....you, " TeamBester " , propose we bury players such as Van Riemsdyk ($4.25M)? Lupul ($5.25M)? Clarkson ($5.25M)...on the third line....

In favor of (what should be) third line players (Komarov, Winnik, Santorelli) who you seem to think can provide the necessary relief for soft one-way players like Bozak, Kessel, and Kadri, long-term...

I guess you're a fan of the saying..."It's so crazy, it just might work!"

Am I right?

At least until next year....when guys like Santorelli, Winnik, and Komarov realize just how useful they actually are to the Leafs. They might ask for more money. Kadri....Franson....Bernier......the list goes on.

Not very bright thinking if you ask me, neither in the short or long term.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
So knowing we, as the Toronto Maple Leafs, exist in the salary cap world...

You, " TeamBester " , propose we bury players such as

Van Riemsdyk ($4.25M)? Lupul ($5.25M)? Clarkson ($5.25M)...on the third line....

In favor of (what should be) third line players (Komarov, Winnik, Santorelli) who you seem to think can provide the necessary relief for soft one-way players like Bozak, Kessel, and Kadri, long-term...

I guess you're a fan of the saying...

"It's so crazy, it just might work!"

Am I right?

At least until next year....when guys like Santorelli, Winnik, and Komarov realize just how useful they actually are to the Leafs.

They might ask for more money.

Kadri....Franson....Bernier......the list goes on.

So you're not going to explain, just avoid. As I expected.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So you're not going to explain, just avoid. As I expected.

Explain what? And why do I need to explain anything to you?

You're solution to all the Leafs' problems is putting Leo Komarov on the first line! :laugh:

Move along, I'm done with you. You clearly don't understand the NHL.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
No.

Replace Carlyle and see how the team performs under a new coach first. If no notable progress is achieved, then I fully advocate blowing it up.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
I don't give a #$%^ what the player is making, that's on Nonis. Randy should not give a #$%^ what the player is making, either. If you are going to play like a 3rd liner, to the 3rd line you go.

Randy should be looking for line combos that work in his system and stick with them.

Winnik Kadri Santo work, stick with it.

I would love to see Komarov on the top line with Kessel and Bozak, I think he would compliment Phil very well, and produce.

Lupul should be traded.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
Explain what? And why do I need to explain anything to you?

You're solution to all the Leafs' problems is putting Leo Komarov on the first line! :laugh:

Move along, I'm done with you. You clearly don't understand the NHL.

So you have nothing.

You think its stupid to put a 2nd/3rd liner on the 1st line.

We have 3rd and 4th liners on our 2nd line and doing a great job.

Explain, how it can't work with our 1st line talent.

Again, you must not watch the NHL, because this happens a lot.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So you have nothing.

You think its stupid to put a 2nd/3rd liner on the 1st line.

We have 3rd and 4th liners on our 2nd line and doing a great job.

Explain, how it can't work with our 1st line talent.

Again, you must not watch the NHL, because this happen a lot.

Placing Komarov / Winnik / Clarkson on the first line is perhaps the most pathetic and futile thing I've heard in a long time and in no way represents a short, much less a long term solution for what ails the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Do you actually want to see the Leafs achieve anything in the way of success or do you honestly not care anymore?

Seems like you sold your standards out a long time ago, with this kind of mentality.

Mar 26, 2010
I wish we could trade Kessel for an $8M #1 center, trade Bozak for a $4M top 6 winger and trade Jake Gardiner for a $4M top 4 defensemen.

How about a real #1 goalie who is consistent and not a career back up.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
Placing Komarov / Winnik / Clarkson on the first line is perhaps the most pathetic and futile thing I've heard in a long time.

Do you actually want to see the Leafs achieve anything in the way of success or do you honestly not care anymore?

Seems like you sold your standards out a long time ago, with this kind of mentality.

So you don't have an answer to why 3rd and 4th liners are working with our 2nd line center?

And why he looks the best he has so far throughout his career?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So you don't have an answer to why 3rd and 4th liners are working with out 2nd line center?

What's working, exactly?

How many times have the Leafs made the playoffs in the past 10 years, do you recall?

Honestly, move along.

This is borderline embarrassing for you.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
What's working, exactly?

How many times have the Leafs made the playoffs in the past 10 years, do you recall?

Honestly, move along.

This is borderline embarrassing for you.

Kadri has looked/played a two way game very well because of a couple 3rd/4th liners that compliment him and work well with him. Try to follow along.(I know you are just trying to avoid)

Explain how that is possible if its such a dumb idea.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Again, complimenting 1st/2nd line talent with lesser talent happens throughout the NHL, all the time. Try paying attention.

You're grand solution to the Leafs' issues it to put Komarov on the first line.

Let's make this perfectly clear.

All the failure, losses, and utter disparity will be remedied by slotting a grinder into the 1st line LW spot.

Repeat this to yourself once or twice, and ask, is this really the level I've reduced myself to?

Kadri has looked/played a two way game very well because of a couple 3rd/4th liners that compliment him and work well with him. Try to follow along.(I know you are just trying to avoid)

Explain how that is possible if its such a dumb idea.

Yup, looked real great tonight finishing a minus 4 and getting disgraced by Giroux on the dot.

Nice to see we've got some mileage out of Kadri.

What with our 1 single playoff appearance in 10 years....

Where are your standards, really? :shakehead:help:

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
You're grand solution to the Leafs' issues it to put Komarov on the first line.

Let's make this perfectly clear.

All the failure, losses, and utter disparity will be remedied by slotting a grinder into the 1st line LW spot.

Repeat this to yourself once or twice, and ask, is this really the level I've reduced myself to?

Yup, looked real great tonight finishing a minus 4 and getting disgraced by Giroux on the dot.

Nice to see we've got some mileage out of Kadri.

What with our 1 single playoff appearance in 10 years....

Where are your standards, really? :shakehead:help:

If you weren't watching, and i'm sure you weren't, Randy broke up that line.:laugh:

So i'm just going to assume you don't want to explain because you have nothing.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No.

Another slide and coach goes.

They should cash in on strong assets like Bozak and perhaps Lupul. Give these two PP time etc and ride the value. Reimer should be traded as well. Robidas and Polak should be on the table.

Sign Franson and keep working on Jake. Sign Winnik Santa Panik Kadri.

Try and do something with the Clarkson contract.

That would be my thing. I don't really mind Santa, Winnik, Panik

Then they need to draft decent and trade for what they need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad