News Article: Yes, It’s Time to Trade Jean-Gabriel Pageau (This time, it’s different.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Jean-Gabriel Alfredsson will destroy the tank. He needs to be traded for futures, by the time this franchise competes there would just be too much mileage on the guy. Not everyone is Alfie like to extend their prime years into the mid 30s.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
hqg-539.gif

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I will probably go into this question in more detail in the Colin White thread just to not completely derail this one, but who would you guys say has more value at the moment, Pageau or White??

And would the option of trading White and signing Pageau to a 5 year deal make sense? Think about it before replying with extreme emotion.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I would stick with White. I was always concerned about how he'd fair without Stone, and its not going well so far, but definitely not ready to give up yet.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I will probably go into this question in more detail in the Colin White thread just to not completely derail this one, but who would you guys say has more value at the moment, Pageau or White??

And would the option of trading White and signing Pageau to a 5 year deal make sense? Think about it before replying with extreme emotion.
I would be fine resigning JGP at 3 x 4M a little premium for the shorter term.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I friggin love Pager. As a life long fan, hes already up there with Fisher and Kelly as my most beloved "heart and soul" Senators of all time. Guys that any red blooded man would love to go to war with.

And while I would definitely entertain a (very) team friendly deal if his heart is dead set on being a Senator - that kind of loyalty cant be ignored, we all have to realize that the time to trade his gold plated ass is without a doubt now.

I would love to see Pager get paid huge dollars with long term as a result of his dominant play this season with the Sens. He would probably be the ex Sen that I would most like to see raise the cup, Chris Kelly to the Bruins style (secret Bruins admirer, guilty as charged). Bruins seem like such a good fit too....

Love ya JG, and whatever happens, this fan will forever be a fan of you as a player, and a person. And I hope you have both plentiful riches and lots of cups in your future - but give us one last nice parting gift if you could please (a bidding war of sorts would be perfecto :naughty:).

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

I mean, did Stone himself not come right out and say that he didnt want to sign with Ottawa because he wanted to compete for a cup? Same with Duchene?

Yes we could read between the lines and say that they would probably have liked to have stay with the Sens had the ownership and franchise not been such a shit show at that point in time.

So yeah I guess he Wallace is right and Stone would have liked to stay in Ottawa IF the Sens had been in a completely different situation. Not really the same thing imo.

And above all else, who cares anymore, imo. I believe that everyone made their choices (Stone included), and its time to live with them.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

After this year White has $24.5 /5 years left. I think Pager has a better chance of returning value on $5/25 contract.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Management clearly has absolutely no clue. No direction, no plan its been very evident for a while, nothing will change unless there is new ownership. Lets hope it happens before they screw this entire thing up too badly.

White has way more value its not close, he is locked up long term and is 22 years old compared to Pageau who is a pending UFA and is 27. People that will come down on White. Did you come down on Pageau when he was coming off an injury too? If so you really need to figure it out. Its quite the double standard.

Reactions: Viletho

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

Right now, I believe Pageau could return more. In 3 month, if he came back to his normal Pageau, who knows? Maybe White struggle right now, but find himself within a proper role and finish strong.

We don't have to chose right now, they can have both. They can trade one if not both in 2 years or 3 of needed.

Reactions: TheDebater

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
I know up until last week that Dorion had not to that point discussed an extension with Pageau, maybe that's changed in the last week but I tend to think this is just a Ekland rumor.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
White has way more value its not close, he is locked up long term and is 22 years old compared to Pageau who is a pending UFA and is 27. People that will come down on White. Did you come down on Pageau when he was coming off an injury too? If so you really need to figure it out. Its quite the double standard.

You don't have to go as far as last year injury.

In preseason, some myself included, were saying how Pageau needed to get his shit together. He was a fourth line center behind Brown-White-Tierney and was playing so bad. Now he is ''a player we absolutely need to keep and sign to a long term contract''. There is always double standard because of emotion.

I really don't know what they should do.

In my opinion, if we could resign Pageau to a 2-3 years contract that could be good to keep some player in their right chair. But, if we can snag a 1st round.. we probably should trade him.

On the other hand, Pageau won't accept a 2-3 years contract. he will want to bank on his great start, which is absolutely what he should do as a person.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
You don't have to go as far as last year injury.

In preseason, some myself included, were saying how Pageau needed to get his **** together. He was a fourth line center behind Brown-White-Tierney and was playing so bad. Now he is a player we absolutely need to keep and sign to a long term contract. There is always double standard because of emotion.

There's no double standard. Just some people who are foolish enough to believe that vets can be evaluated in the pre-season.

Reactions: Viletho

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Well, Ryan Whitney is reporting that the Bruins are close to a 6 year extension with Charlie Coyle. Should be interesting to see what he gets, since that kind of sets the bar for Pageau. If anything it makes me believe the 6X5 rumours around JGP slightly more than I did before.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Well, Ryan Whitney is reporting that the Bruins are close to a 6 year extension with Charlie Coyle. Should be interesting to see what he gets, since that kind of sets the bar for Pageau. If anything it makes me believe the 6X5 rumours around JGP slightly more than I did before.

There is ZERO chance Pager takes sub White money in November. 5 x $5+ or don't bother calling his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad