Yann Sauve vs. Drew Doughty

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
There are very few joys in life, but this thread is one of them. Just a bit of an update:

Drew Doughty has seemed to settled into a 40-60 point defenceman. Perhaps not the offensive dynamo some thought but became an amazing defender. 2 Stanley Cups, 5 all-star appearances, 1 Norris, and made the all decade team.

Yann Suave bounced around the AHL and the ECHL before a short stint in the KHL. He's had an interesting ride since than. 1 game in the German league, a year playing in the UK, a year in Austria, and now applies his trade in France where he's put up 6 goals and 15 assists in only 36 games.

Reactions: flyersfan187

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's literally a scout for a Q team. I'd like to see your projections of players at age 15 and see how they hold up.

Pretty much this and it's funny how much "perspective" guys are having a full 10 years later.

It's a wonder that NHL teams aren't tracking them down for their services eh?

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
I would have to go with Yann Sauve without thinking about it, Sauve has the potential to be like a Dion Phaneuf, also don't count Colten Teubert short either for top 3 d-men for the draft. I would really think Patrice Cormier is very underrated and could actually have more of an impact than Yann Sauve even though they are two different positions. Cormier IMO could be a 1st overall pick in the NHL draft as well. Right now I would put the big players for the draft as:

Yann Sauve
Patrice Cormier
Kirill Petrov
Colten Teubert
Drew Doughty

looking on the inside out as guys to push for top 5:
Tomi Karhonen
Vladimir Roth
Steven Stamkos
Kevin Poulin
Chris Doyle
Mitch Wahl
Jan Kana
Phil McRae
Mike Cichy

there are many other top prospects like Zach Boychuk and Mike Delzotto and etc etc, but these are the guys I think will make a push for top 5 picks and top 10 picks for sure almost.

This post didn’t age well.

A timely and fun reminder of how little we know about the future of today’s prospects.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

A timely and fun reminder of how little we know about the future of today’s prospects.

It aged fine. Those were the guys who stood out in 2006, around the age of 16. Its not like he made a prediction that they would all be NHL stars, he just listed guys who looked like they might challenge for the draft 2 years later.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Yeah im also pretty sure Scoutman1 was actually a real scout. Hes been around here forever and always is very informative

Reactions: Casanova

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Yep.

It’s why as I said earlier it’s always hilarious to me seeing posters talk about how amazing their team is about to be or being all set at a certain position and then listing a bunch of prospects to show why. More likely than not, your prospect won’t reach the potential you think they will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad