Yann Sauve vs. Drew Doughty

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
No matter how wrong some of those picks are, they are a hell of a lot better than anything I knew at that time.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
A lot can change in 2 years.

It sure can. Just found this thread via google trying to do some research on Sauve. Doughty appears to be a solid #1 defender with multiple Norris Trophies in his future while Sauve hasn't played an NHL game yet.

A lot can change in 4 years.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I wish this thread was true! Sauve still looks promising, but he's no Drew Doughty. Pretty good predictions for 2 years before the draft I think. Well done.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Should the admins set the options in vBulletin so that threads a year old automatically lock on their own?

Edit: Nah, it's fun to see these bumped years later

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
How I wish that Sauve was anything close to Doughty in reality.

That said, Sauve has had an excellent year for the Sea Dogs. I've heard many people say he was one of the top 5 D-men in the Q this year. He had a promising training camp with the Canucks last Fall so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do next Fall.

ShyCheetah

Feb 22, 2003
Caprica City,Caprica
Visit site
This is a pretty cool thread. It'd be interesting to try to find some more of these from a year or more ago.
I love to read some of the bickering that goes on in them because some guy is dead-set that his opinion outweighs all others'

Someone start a thread to mock draft guys to be drafted two years from now. Kinda like a time capsule.

Shy

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
No matter how wrong some of those picks are, they are a hell of a lot better than anything I knew at that time.

Agree. They are predictions, after all. And as someone else said, many things change in a matter of years.

To the debate in 2006, looks like Drew did grow some.

In draft year, listed as 5'11.7.

Now is listed by Hockey Canada as 6'1 but Vanoc as 6'0. I assume these are the most correct since they were done most recently. He hasn't put on as much height as projected.

Btw, i would love it if Yann every becomes a poor poor poor man's version of Doughty.

Kagee*

Wow 2 years before the draft? pretty good assumptions, kinda funny reading this now, anybody got some interesting ones on Kevin Connauton? dude came out of nowhere and explodes on the WHL scene.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009

Yup, and hindsight's always 20/20. Let's not forget that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad