Confirmed with Link: Yandle, Summers, 4th-2016 traded to NYR for JMoore, Duclair, 1st-2016, 2nd-2015

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Plus the $5m cash we aren't paying him next season that we can save in the piggy bank for the next summer ... a guy can dream ...

October 2016:

Domi - McEichel - Duclair
Perlini - Hanzal (A) - Boedker
Rieder - MacInnis - Dvorak
Whoever - Vitale - Samuelsson

Yandle (C) - Murphy
OEL (A) - Stone
Dahlbeck - Whoever

:sarcasm:

Yandle will either be buying a nice bit of Manhattan real estate or putting the finishing touches on his Bruins contract at that point, but it's nice to know that people are still indulging in a vibrant fantasy life. ;)

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Plus the $5m cash we aren't paying him next season that we can save in the piggy bank for the next summer ... a guy can dream ...

October 2016:

Domi - McEichel - Duclair
Perlini - Hanzal (A) - Boedker
Rieder - MacInnis - Dvorak
Whoever - Vitale - Samuelsson

Yandle (C) - Murphy
OEL (A) - Stone
Dahlbeck - Whoever

:sarcasm:

We are retaining 50% - $2.625mil of Yandle's final year in his contract.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
After watching some full remparts games, and some games of him up with the rangers early this season, I'm liking duclair a lot more than what I saw of him at the WJCs. I'm still not sure I'd rather have that package than yandle, but duclair is pretty impressive.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
After watching some full remparts games, and some games of him up with the rangers early this season, I'm liking duclair a lot more than what I saw of him at the WJCs. I'm still not sure I'd rather have that package than yandle, but duclair is pretty impressive.

I'm pretty excited for Duclair to be honest. Only thing that didn't happen with us eventually trading Yandle was that the return package for him didn't "blow you away" like Maloney claimed it would. On the other hand, my opinion of the trade now as far removed from it as we are is that it's actually a great trade for both sides.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm pretty excited for Duclair to be honest. Only thing that didn't happen with us eventually trading Yandle was that the return package for him didn't "blow you away" like Maloney claimed it would. On the other hand, my opinion of the trade now as far removed from it as we are is that it's actually a great trade for both sides.

My concern was all I saw of him was the WJCs, where IMO domi and reinhart were what made that line successful. He also plays much more of a complete game then I thought, I was under the impression that he was a fairly one dimensional player but he's great on the forecheck and seems competent in his own end.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Duclair is a shooter with elite speed. It's his speed that is so enticing.

Yandle trade return needs to also factor in the 3-4 draft spots we fell. I also encourage everyone to watch returns at draft/next season with a low cap. Compare this deal to the market that we would have been competing with.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The reason I still am not aggravated by this trade (even with Moore being a blockhead) is because a) Duclair looks like a big piece for us going forward and b) Keith has a great chance to lift the Cup in a couple of weeks.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Duclair is a shooter with elite speed. It's his speed that is so enticing.

Yandle trade return needs to also factor in the 3-4 draft spots we fell. I also encourage everyone to watch returns at draft/next season with a low cap. Compare this deal to the market that we would have been competing with.

Yeah it's possible it ends up being a good deal compared to what happens at the draft. It's also very possible my man crush on yandle is going to make me think we could've gotten more no matter what happens haha.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah it's possible it ends up being a good deal compared to what happens at the draft. It's also very possible my man crush on yandle is going to make me think we could've gotten more no matter what happens haha.

I hate the fact that we're paying him this season and next to play for New York. I find it hard to believe Maloney had to eat salary to get a good deal. I think he likes to trade with the Rangers way too much. I hope Duclair turns out to at least be a decent scorer. That remains to be seen.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I hate the fact that we're paying him this season and next to play for New York. I find it hard to believe Maloney had to eat salary to get a good deal. I think he likes to trade with the Rangers way too much. I hope Duclair turns out to at least be a decent scorer. That remains to be seen.

His game is more complete than I thought it would be. I doubt his top end skill though. I get a bit of an upshall vibe from him. Fast, good forechecker, some offensive skill but not a top line player. I'd love to be wrong.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench

The Rangers literally couldn't have made the trade otherwise. They would be over the cap. Should the Coyotes have gotten more for it? Perhaps, but it wouldn't have been from the Rangers and probably would have been at the draft.

Last edited:

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

Paying for 50% next season makes me think that we may be dealing with the Rangers in the near future. My 1st reaction was thinking that maybe we'll get Boyle for 50% @ the draft. But I believe he has a NMC. The Rangers still need to re-sign Hagelin and Stepan (as well as Miller and Fast) so they may want to move a contract or 2.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Moore was hit-or-miss for us this year but if he gets right and can be a decent roster player for us next season, this trade is a win. Two premium assets and two good ones in exchange for 1 player is a good return, especially if Maloney didn't think Yandle would still be here October 2016. Retaining salary doesn't bother me, because I figure we'll have quite a few ELC's on the roster next season and we'll have to do some work to make the floor anyway.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Moore was hit-or-miss for us this year but if he gets right and can be a decent roster player for us next season, this trade is a win. Two premium assets and two good ones in exchange for 1 player is a good return, especially if Maloney didn't think Yandle would still be here October 2016. Retaining salary doesn't bother me, because I figure we'll have quite a few ELC's on the roster next season and we'll have to do some work to make the floor anyway.

That's how I see this thing working out.

We won't spend to get closer to the cap limit. I can't remember who said it, but I slightly remember someone stating we needed to spend about 20 mil to get to the floor.

That's nuts. :laugh:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
That's how I see this thing working out.

We won't spend to get closer to the cap limit. I can't remember who said it, but I slightly remember someone stating we needed to spend about 20 mil to get to the floor.

That's nuts. :laugh:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PHO

Without knowing what the RFA's numbers will be, Coyotes are about $17-18 million under the floor of about $50 million for next year. Excluding the RFAs two years from now, only 5 guys are signed from this years NHL team (still minor contracts)

Crazy.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Why? Consider that the cash price for Duclair, as we also got a 1st, a 2nd, and Moore.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well first Tippett has to give Duclair meaningful minutes with good line mates. If that miracle happens, he actually has to perform well enough to justify that cash. Two big ??

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Well first Tippett has to give Duclair meaningful minutes with good line mates. If that miracle happens, he actually has to perform well enough to justify that cash. Two big ??
So he'll probably be overpriced for one year, then we'll have 5 years until he hits UFA. If Duclair pans out and we mentally spread the $2.5m out over those 5 years, we won't notice the difference. Even Rob Klinkhammer charged LeBlanc more than $500k a year.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PHO

Without knowing what the RFA's numbers will be, Coyotes are about $17-18 million under the floor of about $50 million for next year. Excluding the RFAs two years from now, only 5 guys are signed from this years NHL team (still minor contracts)

Crazy.
It looks like the floor will be ~ $51mil without the escalator
The Coyotes currently have only 11 NHL contracts counting against next years cap -> ~ $34mil
which means that they''ll need to fill 12 spots with $17mil which averages ~ $1.4 mil (which is about what Perlini's and Domi's cap #s are) the current payroll is about the same as the cap #s -> ~$34mil

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
So looking back at this trade, I think it compares pretty well to something like the Bobby Ryan trade.

Duclair >= Ott 1st (10th)(Nick Richie)
NYR 1st = Stefan Noesen
John Moore + NYR 2nd <= Jakob Silfverberg

They Ryan trade has set of ANA for the the future very well, hopefully it does the same for us.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yeah the Bobby Ryan trade is one of the reasons why I can tolerate the Ducks. Their management is so good. It's like the Red Wings, you just have to respect it. Even though it was a good hull at the time, it was still questionable. Now Silfverberg is becoming Bobby Ryan 2.0 and Ritchie has the potential to become Cory Perry-lite. The franchise just gave itself another 5+ successful seasons by trading a player that was a luxury at his highest value.

Unless Duclair becomes a 60+ dynamic forward, and that 1st becomes a a B level prospect the Yandle trade wont come close. I still think Yandle is more valuable then Ryan as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad