TSN: Yandle is on the trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianNYR

Dec 11, 2007
As stated earlier, what we paid for Yandle in the past is a sunk cost and has no bearing on his trade value now. Not a single ounce of it should not be weighted into the equation.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
This is bull and makes no sense unless the return is astronomical. Would be the dumbest opening move for a GM in history if it doesn't fetch a first, a player of Duclair's offensive potential and a bonafide NHL STAR in return.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
This is bull and makes no sense unless the return is astronomical. Would be the dumbest opening move for a GM in history if it doesn't fetch a first, a player of Duclair's offensive potential and a bonafide NHL STAR in return.

I don't know Sweeny in Boston made a pretty bad first move.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
TSN just said Yandle is on the trading block.

:rant::rant::rant:

Trading Yandle would be very silly, he's exactly the kind of D this organization needs... Better try moving Staal (would rather move Girardi, but we' re a little short on the right side). I know Staal has a NMC, but I'm sure a trade could be arranged if the Rangers wanted.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
A crazy man who was thinking outside the box posted a thread in the trade forum about trading Yandle if Rangers didn't win the Cup and restocking the farm with picks or young cheap players because the Rangers were in cap hell and wont have 6.5 to resign him who was that crazy person? Oh yes that would be me..The responses were classic but I could turn out to be correct

TurgePurge*

This is the best on the block news I've heard since that dumbass jace being renom'ed in bb17.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@BlueshirtBanter: Take this for what it's worth: Hearing Boston is very interested in Yandle”

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Hamilton.

I'd really, really hate if we traded Yandle.

Really hate it.

Hamilton came first? Could have sworn the Lucic trade was first. W/e.

I think we should see what we get in return before we say we're gonna hate the trade, though, IMO. I don't like the idea of trading Yandle either, but, as someone alluded to prior, they might have touched base with Yandle on what an extension would look like, and ending up balking. I hope that's not true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are people too irrational to understand that Yandle has one year left on his deal and there's no indication that he's giving us a discount?

Unless you have a handshake agreement for a good amount, you can't come away with nothing at the end of the season. If you aren't going to come to terms with Yandle or at least if you want to get him worrying that he might be traded so he lessens his demands, you gotta put him on the trading block.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Are people too irrational to understand that Yandle has one year left on his deal and there's no indication that he's giving us a discount?

Unless you have a handshake agreement for a good amount, you can't come away with nothing at the end of the season. If you aren't going to come to terms with Yandle or at least if you want to get him worrying that he might be traded so he lessens his demands, you gotta put him on the trading block.

because this is a team that has ZERO PMD outside of Dan Boyle.

It is beyond idiotic to move an asset that actually addresses a ton of needs on a great contract than it does to move someone like Klein, Girardi, or Staal.

Figure out Yandle by midseason...if his contract is an issue, trade him at the deadline.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
because this is a team that has ZERO PMD outside of Dan Boyle.

It is beyond idiotic to move an asset that actually addresses a ton of needs on a great contract than it does to move someone like Klein, Girardi, or Staal.

Figure out Yandle by midseason...if his contract is an issue, trade him at the deadline.

McDonagh isn't a puck moving defender? Sure fooled me.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If Klein is on this team in October, McIlrath isn't going to make it. Are they really going to have Diaz, McIlrath, and Summers battle it out for 7D?

Something is happening. I don't know what it is though; and I hope it's not Yandle.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

You are allowed to let players leave via FA if necessary. It's not really horrible asset management if it's a unique player that you need and is very important to your teams success. If you're not going to the playoffs of course you can't let him go but if you expect to be one of the top teams in the league you can't just trade a guy like that at the deadline for futures and kill your season.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Get some actual offense for him and I'll be happy.

We can't go into next season with this offense and expect to compete. Who is replacing MSL and Hagelin's combined 38 goals???

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Get some actual offense for him and I'll be happy.

We can't go into next season with this offense and expect to compete. Who is replacing MSL and Hagelin's combined 38 goals???

A combination of Etem, Fast, Miller, and Yandle. Management has said they expect Miller/Fast to take steps forward next year.

SkjeiPls

May 21, 2013
Man, I would really like to see what Yandle can do for us on the top pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad