TSN: Yandle is on the trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Why? I thought Sather said Yandle was a player he had his eye on for a long time when the Rangers acquired him. Did the team see something it doesn't like in his play within the context of the Rangers team system that the scouts didn't notice when watching him play for Arizona?

Thought they were getting Edler 2.0, turned out to be Erhoff 2.0, selling high to regain overpaid assets before player gets exposed?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Supposedly Shattenkirk is in play. His cap hit is 4.25 for the next 2 years. He's a righty.

Yandle and Klein for Shattenkirk +?

Use Diaz and McIlrath as 6/7.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Supposedly Shattenkirk is in play. His cap hit is 4.25 for the next 2 years. He's a righty.

Yandle and Klein for Shattenkirk +?

Use Diaz and McIlrath as 6/7.

Would love Shatty. Makes a lot of sense too.

Shatty #1
Girardi #2
Boyle #3

Down the right looks like proper assignments on paper, in theory.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Wait up...If we get Shattenkirk for Yandle I do that by a country mile.

Shattenkirk is a Rangers fan, a die hard one at that.

Yandle was amazing in terms of production in the playoffs...He clearly should get us a huge get whatever it is.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: You don't trade Yandle. That would be nuts considering AZ taking on half his cap hit, what Rangers gave up to get him, how good Yandle is.”

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
“@HartnettHockey: You don't trade Yandle. That would be nuts considering AZ taking on half his cap hit, what Rangers gave up to get him, how good Yandle is.â€

What you gave up to get him cannot be considered. If you find a good deal for his current value that makes sense for the team you do it. What you gave up is a sunk cost.

TurgePurge*

This thread has been open this whole time...I can't get enough of the tears.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
They could have talked about it, and the conversation could have been a simple "no".

Just like Yandle being on the trading block could mean that someone said "Is Yandle available?" and Gorton replied "Maybe. You'd have to pay through the nose though."

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers have Yandle this year on a really sweet deal. If they're going to move him I'd expect we're going to get something really, really good back--especially considering what we gave up for him.

There's no reason for all the hysteria. Not even sure he's being offered or what's being offered for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad