Recalled/Assigned: Yamamoto Recalled; Chiasson to IR

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Watch Vegas, a far superior org, actually make better use of this player than the Oilers did.

Its lol funny that the Oilers in effect took Zykov off Waivers earlier this season just so now a divisional rival can add Zykov to their roster when they have the numbers to do it. Go oilers!

Hey but we got Yama so we don't need the top scorer in the AHL around.. (sarcasm)
So what are you going to say when Zykov like your favorites Pakarainen and Slepyshev, do absolutely duck all on their new squads?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pretty much any forward is more effective than Yamamoto at the NHL level. He was completely ineffective in his cup of coffee with the big club. I really liked Zykov in his first game here and dont think he was given much of a chance ala Aberg. Another stupid move by the organization in my opinion
I mean, see what you want to see.

Just cry about a nothing player we got off waivers going back on waivers

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Watch Vegas, a far superior org, actually make better use of this player than the Oilers did.

Its lol funny that the Oilers in effect took Zykov off Waivers earlier this season just so now a divisional rival can add Zykov to their roster when they have the numbers to do it. Go oilers!

Hey but we got Yama so we don't need the top scorer in the AHL around.. (sarcasm)
Or he will continue to do nothing at the NHL like he has done his whole career and the 1 year old “far superior” organization will waive him as well.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Or he will continue to do nothing at the NHL like he has done his whole career and the 1 year old “far superior” organization will waive him as well.

You mean like when Zykov had 3G 4A 7pts in only 10GP just last season?

You state he's done nothing and obviously didn't even check. What was wrong with his NHL performance just last season?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

You state he's done nothing and obviously didn't even check. What was wrong with his NHL performance just last season?
Oh I wasn’t aware 7 points in 10 games last year was a big deal. I know.... I researched him when we claimed him. “Didn’t you know Yam started the season on the team.” “Didn’t you know zykov had 7 points in 10 games” that bullshit is getting old man. I know our players so stop talking to me like my head is up my ass. Talk about a weird player to absolutely lose your mind about. I guaranteed he does nothing in Vegas.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oh I wasn’t aware 7 points in 10 games last year was a big deal. I know.... I researched him when we claimed him. “Didn’t you know Yam started the season on the team.” “Didn’t you know zykov had 7 points in 10 games” that bull**** is getting old man. I know our players so stop talking to me like my head is up my ass. Talk about a weird player to absolutely lose your mind about. I guaranteed he does nothing in Vegas.

If you think 3G 4A 7Pts in 10GP or AHL leading goal scorer is no big deal you're giving me no choice what to think. We're done here. You've shown theres no point having dialog if that's your response.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The post was satirical, it wasn't intended as argument. That must have flown over your head.

I'm opening up fully I don't like the player, haven't liked what I've seen about his 153lb skill match to NHL play and basically him not having nearly enough of it to make up for his diminutive size. Again, he's the smallest player in the NHL any time he's in the league.

In anycase how many people ADMIT their bias? we all have em.

Oh, and you read my posts, apparently. ;)

Haha yeah I like to read them ;) and I am as big as a Leon fan as you are

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
An awful lot of hyperbole for a move that is likely to be very temporary as Chiasson is only scheduled to be out a week to 10 days. That means that Yamamoto plays approx 5 games at most.

Cant understand why that is such a problem for some posters. :dunno:

Exactly. Also, this is most likely because Hitch wants a look at Yamamoto too. He said he wanted to get a feel for him didn't he?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If you think 3G 4A 7Pts in 10GP or AHL leading goal scorer is no big deal you're giving me no choice what to think. We're done here. You've shown theres no point having dialog if that's your response.
Good. I will be sure to say hi when he is waived by another team.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Well I guess words are cheap and two years later he hasn't done it. he's 5lbs heavier, now age 20. He's 153lbs and still the lightest player in the league anytime he steps on the ice.

Improving on anything would be nice. The player looks ordinary now compared to when he was first seen with the Oilers. I think he looked far better his first season here than he's looked at all this season.
He looked better than ever and better than almost every Oiler in the preseason. His play did fall off once the real season began but is no worse than many on this team.
Your hate for him has been pretty evident from the start.
Also, him bulking up by 10lbs does not guarantee anything ...

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I really thought they should have kept Aberg around at the time he was let go. Based off what I seen heard.

I honestly didn't even get an idea of what Zykov is capable of. I thought he would get some McDavid time since he seemed a little like Maroon.

One thing I can say for certain is for the amount he was used he was an absolute waste of our waiver priority and while a small thing is just another mistep from a organization needing a win.

Very hard to imagine Yama bringing anything more than this player tho.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think Yamamoto has an opportunity for him to generate offence from the bottom 6. I am not sure we should be having prospects in that position but it speaks to our lack of NHL quality depth.

I actually have more of an issue with Puljujarvi being on the big team as long as he has than Yamamoto getting a few games mid season.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Didn't Chris Wideman lead AHL Dmen in scoring one year too? For those trying to make this thread a Zykov one.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think continuity is hugely important when it comes to developing prospects. Having them jojoing up and down between the farm and main team is not a good idea.

It's not like they had no other options. Zykov could've been given a look in the top6. Instead they waive him...? Makes no sense.

If it turns out to be a 5 game stint (as I expect it to be) then I see this as a carrot and a barometer moving forward for Yamamoto. I dont see it as a problem with continuity at all.

As @CycloneSweep has pointed out...Zykov had zero shots in 5 games. Zero.
He exemplifies a major issue with this team...he isnt a very good skater and get doesnt get pucks to the net. Zykov was not a top 6 player (or even an NHL player) in Carolina...I dont have an issue with him not being a top 6 option here either.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Places a better forward on waivers (Zykov) and recalls a kid who is best served playing the full season in the AHL (Yamamoto). The incompetence of this organziation astounds me.

Zykov :

1) No shots on goal
2) Didn't show any kind of reason to move up in the lineup
3) Is a worse skater than Lucic based on what we saw

The only reason all of you guys want him on the team is because he was good in the AHL. If he's as good as some of you guys are saying, then I guess LA, Carolina and the Oilers made a mistake

Atleast in his time in Edmonton, Kailer showed he can play defence, skate and actually scored a goal as well

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I actually have more of an issue with Puljujarvi being on the big team as long as he has than Yamamoto getting a few games mid season.

Odd take. Pulju has been very good in recent games and involved in scoring plays. In the last 4 GP he's created a goal with a solid forcheck, bagged a goal, bagged an assist and had a beauty deflection off the goal post just last game. A fantastic deflection.

he's actually getting stuff done now. For you to be saying this still now is strange.

Reactions: KYams17

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Odd take. Pulju has been very good in recent games and involved in scoring plays. In the last 4 GP he's created a goal with a solid forcheck, bagged a goal, bagged an assist and had a beauty deflection off the goal post just last game. A fantastic deflection.

he's actually getting stuff done now. For you to be saying this still now is strange.
Interesting because he struggled mightily to start this season. Got called up and has now has looked good under hitch. Which is great. Yet you have an issue with calling Yam up because he struggled at the start of the season. Isn’t it kind of the same scenario?

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Interesting because he struggled mightily like to start this season. Got called up and has now has looked good under hitch. Which is great. Yet you have an issue with calling Yam up because he struggled at the start of the season. Isn’t it kind of the same scenario?

It would be if I was saying this after Yama had been solid for 4 games here and pushing results around the net in all of them.

That aside Pulju is a hulk, a bull. A potential power forward. I have all kinds of patience for what he can be. He's been good in his call up. But theres nothing remotely similar in the two players. How is there even a comparison?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It would be if I was saying this after Yama had been solid for 4 games here and pushing results around the net in all of them.

That aside Pulju is a hulk, a bull. A potential power forward. I have all kinds of patience for what he can be. He's been good in his call up. But theres nothing remotely similar in the two players. How is there even a comparison?
I’m not comparing the player type
I’m comparing the situation... both good prospects who struggled to start the season. They got sent down and now both get a shot under hitch. Why should JP get another shot and not Yammo? Because Jp “is a bull”? He’s more friendly than a sedated panda cub.

Last edited:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

but he's got 0 goals and only 3 assists in 18 games this season.
and a WHOPPING 13 shots on net. quite a shooter.

The one that got away.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I’m thinking Yamamoto is going to have a good game today. Let’s face it, outside of Chaisson our wingers have been garbage all season. Can’t see Yamamoto being any worse than the wingers we’ve been using

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad