Recalled/Assigned: Yamamoto Recalled; Chiasson to IR

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I donno what to think.
Wanted Puljujarvi to spend the entire season in the AHL. Depth, skating and size on the team sucks so Hitch brings up back up.
Wanted Jones to spend the entire season in the AHL. Injuries and lack of depth on the blueline forces team to call him up.
Wanted Yamamoto to spend the season in the AHL. Depth, talent, brains and injuries forces team to call him up.

Seriously. Fire this GM already. He created this situation.
If we get another forward injured or suspended we can called up Marody and Benson and have the 2 of them play on a line with Yamomoto! Gimmie a break already.
Fire this GM.

Reactions: McCupofOil

North

Jun 25, 2009
Straight up due to cap this team needs it's young players to produce.

Anybody bitching about this call up hasn't been paying attention.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Draisaitl didn't look close to an AHL player before he came up to the NHL and tore it up with 51 points remember? Be patient

Because theres any comparison to a 19yr old that was considered elite and already over 200 lbs and a pint sized midget that the Oilers for some reason wasted a late first round pick on..

I'm completely patient. I was fine with Yama being in the AHL for another couple seasons where I don't have to watch him getting run over like he's Kenny in a Southpark episode.

Things are bad enough being an Oilers fan. Now we have to endure midget getting slammed. Next hilite reel. Flying Yamamoto toss. At least he'll draw some penalties being thrown around.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drive's hate for Yamo is approaching Raab levels of bat**** crazy :laugh:

Nurse is an accomplished NHL D leading his team in minutes or close to it and eating up top 4 minutes.

yama is somebody a couple years away from even being maybe NHL. Theres a difference.

That aside I have no difficulty with some playful dig. I don't particularly like the player, you can probably tell. ;)

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Desperation move that has been tried repeatedly.

Great opportunity for Yama, again, hope he actually does something this time.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Hell if we were giving things a try, would have loved to see Benson for a few games instead. Yamamoto has not been good in the AHL so far, hope he does ok this time around.

I still think Benson will be better than Yamamoto and Jesse P.

Reactions: Blue line Howie

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Yay another "promising prospect" that cant score in the NHL. Hope he finds his touch this time around...but I say that about Pulju every time he is called up too.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This organization never seems to do.anything right. Pulju loses confidence in the NHL, just starts to repair it in.the AHL then gets called up and subsequently loses confidence again. Yamamoto loses confidence, just starts to repair it in the AHL then gets called up to the NHL because of the utter incompetence of the GM with a team lacking NHL depth.

All this while he just waived a further along potential goal scorer who never got one sniff of top 6 minutes thrown on a 4th line filled with rejects who have no future here. All of Pulju, Yamamoto and Jones should be in the AHL the rest of the season yet here they all are likely playing important roles for at least the next few weeks and likely failing in those roles.

Why not call up Marody instead and give him a real shot, not this BS Zykov treatment. He's further along than Yamamoto, more accomplished at the AHL level and the versatility of sliding to wing or center. Now, he's really earned a shot and wouldn't be handed a spot on the based solely on draft position like Pulju and Yamamoto.

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
It be really funny and amazingly HF Oil like how this thread would look if Yamo turns into a player this year

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yay another "promising prospect" that cant score in the NHL. Hope he finds his touch this time around...but I say that about Pulju every time he is called up too.

Yes playing less than 20 NHL games = end of his career

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Drive's hate for Yamo is approaching Raab levels of bat**** crazy :laugh:

Yamamoto was great in the WHL because he was capable of driving a line.

He's not ready to do that in the NHL and he looks lost in the NHL because he's not used to being a helper and not a driver.

Yamamoto seems 100% aware of this and it was all too apparent in his first few weeks in the NHL. He was put on a line with Drai and it was so damn cringy. He was constantly giving the puck to Drai, looking at Drai and trying to mold his game around Drai.

That's not what got him drafted in the 1st round and he's not ready to do anything more than that in the NHL.

I'll give Yamamoto credit that he isn't as big of a liability as some other players on the team, but he's not even 1/10 of what we're hoping he's going to turn out to be.

Best thing we can do for him (And probably Puljujarvi as well) is let them find their game in the AHL against lesser competition.

The NHL isn't a developmental league unless you're so damn good that you're already better than 1/2 of the players in the league when you come into the league. (Legit superstar in the making.)

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Because theres any comparison to a 19yr old that was considered elite and already over 200 lbs and a pint sized midget that the Oilers for some reason wasted a late first round pick on..

I'm completely patient. I was fine with Yama being in the AHL for another couple seasons where I don't have to watch him getting run over like he's Kenny in a Southpark episode.

Things are bad enough being an Oilers fan. Now we have to endure midget getting slammed. Next hilite reel. Flying Yamamoto toss. At least he'll draw some penalties being thrown around.

Your hate for small players and love for big players and, big teams like LA, is so biased and honestly just immature. The way you try to prove your point is just funny and not at all reading worthy

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This organization never seems to do.anything right. Pulju loses confidence in the NHL, just starts to repair it in.the AHL then gets called up and subsequently loses confidence again. Yamamoto loses confidence, just starts to repair it in the AHL then gets called up to the NHL because of the utter incompetence of the GM with a team lacking NHL depth.

All this while he just waived a further along potential goal scorer who never got one sniff of top 6 minutes thrown on a 4th line filled with rejects who have no future here. All of Pulju, Yamamoto and Jones should be in the AHL the rest of the season yet here they all are likely playing important roles for at least the next few weeks and likely failing in those roles.

Also: Please add Ethan Bear and Tyler Benson.
You just KNOW they're coming up next if we get another injury.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Boy I hope he proves you wrong.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Why not call up Marody instead and give him a real shot, not this BS Zykov treatment. He's further along than Yamamoto, more accomplished at the AHL level and the versatility of sliding to wing or center. Now, he's really earned a shot and wouldn't be handed a spot on the based solely on draft position like Pulju and Yamamoto.
Isn’t it a boost of confidence to get called up? Maybe he does well. Maybe wait and see before you go full potatoes about this callup.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Isn’t it a boost of confidence to get called up? Maybe he does well. Maybe wait and see before you go full potatoes about this callup.

He didn't deserve a call up, that's my point. He's been called up because he was drafted highly and because the Oilers have no NHL quality depth.

I actually like the player but he should be in the AHL for the rest of the season, same as Pulju or at least until he has a longer track record of success down there.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
He didn't deserve a call up, that's my point. He's been called up because he was drafted highly and because the Oilers have no NHL quality depth.

I actually like the player but he should be in the AHL for the rest of the season, same as Pulju or at least until he has a longer track record of success down there.

maybe Koala's protege is starting to sabotage the goods.

LOL. Another choice Oilerz development. Shuffle the idiot coach's protege into a development role and then fire him. Foolproof.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Hmm I don’t see an issue in giving him a shot.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Yes playing less than 20 NHL games = end of his career
Not sure how you got "end of career" out of my comment...I hope more than anything he finds his scoring touch quickly...but with our recent history with prospects and short stints in the AHL, im not holding my breath.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Your hate for small players and love for big players and, big teams like LA, is so biased and honestly just immature. The way you try to prove your point is just funny and not at all reading worthy

The post was satirical, it wasn't intended as argument. That must have flown over your head.

I'm opening up fully I don't like the player, haven't liked what I've seen about his 153lb skill match to NHL play and basically him not having nearly enough of it to make up for his diminutive size. Again, he's the smallest player in the NHL any time he's in the league.

In anycase how many people ADMIT their bias? we all have em.

Oh, and you read my posts, apparently. ;)

Reactions: KYams17

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

McCup could have been Yama's biggest supporter on the board. I love how posters just join a board and assume what everybody on the board thinks. If McCup, after what he' seen has changed his tune on the readiness of the player being here that is extremely telling given that it is a 180 from what he previously thought. We've seen Yama good already this season. He's not ready. Another poster mentioned his play in topsix and with Drai was so bad it was "cringeworthy" Yama was the worst player on the team, on the Oilers that is hard to do.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
McCup could have been Yama's biggest supporter on the board. I love how posters just join a board and assume what everybody on the board thinks. If McCup, after what he' seen has changed his tune on the readiness of the player being here that is extremely telling given that it is a 180 from what he previously thought. We've seen Yama good already this season. He's not ready. Another poster mentioned his play in topsix and with Drai was so bad it was "cringeworthy" Yama was the worst player on the team, on the Oilers that is hard to do.
I didn’t assume he didn’t like him. Don’t put words in my mouth. I said wait until he plays a game. Who knows maybe he will shock us all.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I didn’t assume he didn’t like him. Don’t put words in my mouth. I said wait until he plays a game. Who knows maybe he will shock us all.

Its hard to keep up with the lingo. McCup, from his response took your post the same way. In anycase you do know that Yama has already played several games up already THIS SEASON. He started the season here. Its only been a short while since he's not been here. As others have mentioned let him develop in the AHL where he isn't completely overwhelmed.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Its hard to keep up with the lingo. McCup, from his response took your post the same way. In anycase you do know that Yama has already played several games up already THIS SEASON. He started the season here. Its only been a short while since he's not been here. As others have mentioned let him develop in the AHL where he isn't completely overwhelmed.
I’m very aware Yammy started this year in the lineup. No need to get condescending. If
he looks completely out if his element again then send him down. The season is on the verge of collapse and I’m willing to believe in anything right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00