Eklund Rumor: Yakupov on the move?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Can Yakupov play left wing?

If he is traded to the habs (and we don't trade a forward)
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Shaw - Plekanec - Gallagher
Andrighetto - Desharnais - Radulov
Danault/Caar - Mitchell - Byron

3 lines that can score goals

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Well, in a less condescending tone...the Oilers valued a 23 year old top pairing defenseman signed long-term far higher than a left-winger, regardless of how good he was.

Think of it as trading black beluga caviar for a gallon of drinking water on a deserted island if you're such a fan of analogies.

Not trying to be condescending, I understand the Oilers traded a big asset to gain another asset at a position of need. I'm only saying that that asset going to the Devils (Hall) was evaluated as being expendable for the asset Larsson. Most of the comments I've read indicate that this was the heist of 2016, we shall see.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Retain 1.5 on Filpulla
TB still saves 1 million in cap.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Pou - RNH - Draisaitl
Maroon - Filpulla - Puljujarvi

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
After training the way he has and not finding a trading partner yet I highly doubt this is accurate. He'll be an oiler on opening night, could be wrong, but not another soul in hockey has said otherwise since FA. Not counting the praise he got from McLellan recently at rookie camp, which looks to me like an organization back peddling to preserve a relationship.

Yakupov is still showing up to rookie camps? Or is that just when McLellan made the comments?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Retain 1.5 on Filpulla

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Pou - RNH - Draisaitl

Filppula requires protection in the expansion draft. I wouldn't take him for free.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Retain 1.5 on Filpulla

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Pou - RNH - Draisaitl

Rather keep Yakupov and play him with McDavid, where he has proven chemistry. Pouliot - RNH - Eberle have played together, and clearly have chemistry as well.

Just means having Draisaitl centering Maroon and Puljujarvi. Big, heavy third line.

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Eklund said yak for 1st + sanhiem was done deal on draft day. Why do people always quote this hack

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Thats laughable, having radulov on your third line with desharnais, and ghetto, you realy dont know how radulov is good right? and has stated above on a previous post, i realy like yakupov but lets get serious real, he doesnt play more minutes and with lesser talent than top6's

and if your point is that him and Galchenyuk played together in the OHL, thats irrelevant any 2 top OHL like them would have ripped the league playing together

victor

Sep 6, 2003
I'd like to see Lucic-McDavid-Pulj to be honest.

I get that, although I'd rather have the rookie against 3rd line competition.

From last season, we know that McDavid and Yakupov generally works.

I'd expect that Puljujarvi starts in the AHL, and plays with Draisaitl on a 3rd pairing to start to ease him into the NHL.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
What is Yakupov's trade value really?

It's strange how some posters here say he's got low trade value, worth a 3rd or 4th. Yet in this thread and others he keeps getting plugged into 1st and 2nd lines.
Now, explain how that works.
:shakehead

varano

Jun 27, 2013

Ummm Radulov did not come back to the NHL to play third line. Just so you're aware

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I'm sure the Oilers would love to trade Yakupov but I don't see it happening unless they are willing to take a bad return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad