Eklund Rumor: Yakupov on the move?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It's strange how some posters here say he's got low trade value, worth a 3rd or 4th. Yet in this thread and others he keeps getting plugged into 1st and 2nd lines.
Now, explain how that works.
:shakehead

He is an Oiler so his value is lower . As soon as he is traded his value goes up and Chia was a fool for trading him . " See Hall postings " Before he was traded he would not return a #1 D . He gets trade and now he worth the world .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I think we keep Yakupov but the bigger question is if Puljujarvi makes the team where does leave Yakupov

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi . A big ,skilled , physical , 2 way line that has speed
Pouliot RNH Eberle A known preforming 2nd line
Maroon/Cagguila Draisaitl Yakupov / Pitlick / Slepyshev / Russell / Kassian ( If he gets back to his former play in Vancouver )

Some of these guys are better suited to a 3rd line roll then Yakupov is . Hate to send players to the AHL that has earn a spot on the team just to keep Yakupov up . I do believe he will break out but do you risk handing him a spot if someone else beats him out . You don't sit Yak in the press box and you don't send him to the AHL .

I guess the good thing is now we are getting some depth players have to actually earn their way onto the team . Another D or 2 and we are good to go deep each year

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Thats laughable, having radulov on your third line with desharnais, and ghetto, you realy dont know how radulov is good right? and has stated above on a previous post, i realy like yakupov but lets get serious real, he doesnt play more minutes and with lesser talent than top6's

and if your point is that him and Galchenyuk played together in the OHL, thats irrelevant any 2 top OHL like them would have ripped the league playing together

You seem to be the one to not know how good Radulov is. He's the kind of player that can create offense on his own. He isnt called "a one man army" for nothing. The DD line will get a lot of offensive zone time since they suck at defense. Radulov won't need a superstar center to produce. He will also bring some much needed size and grit on that line.

Yakupov hasnt been producing much when he was bottom 6 in Edmonton. However, when he got top 6 linemates he produced at a good rate.

If theres any player who can 'unbust' Yakupov in the habs, it would be Galchenyuk since they played together a lot before and they are close friends.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
He is an Oiler so his value is lower . As soon as he is traded his value goes up and Chia was a fool for trading him . " See Hall postings " Before he was traded he would not return a #1 D . He gets trade and now he worth the world .

Yes go back and recheck the postings.It was Hall wouldn't get one of the
top 5 #1 D-man.
Chia was a fool for trading him for only Larsson.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
You seem to be the one to not know how good Radulov is. He's the kind of player that can create offense on his own. He isnt called "a one man army" for nothing. The DD line will get a lot of offensive zone time since they suck at defense. Radulov won't need a superstar center to produce. He will also bring some much needed size and grit on that line.

Yakupov hasnt been producing much when he was bottom 6 in Edmonton. However, when he got top 6 linemates he produced at a good rate.

If theres any player who can 'unbust' Yakupov in the habs, it would be Galchenyuk since they played together a lot before and they are close friends.

you clearly didnt read my last sentence about them playing together in the OHL. Not because 2 amazing talent played together in the OHL that they will come destroy the NHL together, the fact that they are friend and played junior together is totally irrelevant. Galchenyuk wont unbust yakupov himself, playing around a team with good structure and winning entourage will. so because radulov is realy good and can create chances by himself you make him play with lesser talent, **** no you get the best outta him, it will be the first time in radulov's career that he will play with such talent, it could be very scary. btw Galchenyuk AND yakupov has both had amazing stats without each other in junior.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
you clearly didnt read my last sentence about them playing together in the OHL. Not because 2 amazing talent played together in the OHL that they will come destroy the NHL together, the fact that they are friend and played junior together is totally irrelevant. Galchenyuk wont unbust yakupov himself, playing around a team with good structure and winning entourage will. so because radulov is realy good and can create chances by himself you make him play with lesser talent, **** no you get the best outta him, it will be the first time in radulov's career that he will play with such talent, it could be very scary. btw Galchenyuk AND yakupov has both had amazing stats without each other in junior.

I don't really get the whole "unbusting" scenario here either. I mean, one could say Lemieux did the same for Rob Brown in the late 80's (basically handing him 1.4 ppg season, or something close to that), but Rob Brown still ended up as an AHL all-star. Didn't unbust him, Lemieux was just great enough to get results out of him. I don't think Galchenyuk can do that for anybody.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
It's strange how some posters here say he's got low trade value, worth a 3rd or 4th. Yet in this thread and others he keeps getting plugged into 1st and 2nd lines.
Now, explain how that works.
:shakehead

He's the definition of a top 6 or bust player.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Eklund is my official source for things that will not happen. Someone might as well start up their own website and just post headlines declaring the exact opposite of whatever he says.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Realistically, what would Oiler's fans want in a return from the Blues?

I wouldn't mind the Blues taking a flier on Yak as long as the asking price is reasonable.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think the best Yak could get is a 2nd round pick. If not that then probably a B prospect. Perhaps a guy like... oh I dunno... let's see... does St Louis still have Ty Rattie?

But I think they'd prefer a d man with similar B prospect value.

I also think that if Yak could get a player of similar value he wouldn't Be an oiler still so perhaps his actual value is more like a B prospect or a 3rd Rd pick.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Yakupov ish for Montour ish?

Yakupov sucks not a top 6 producer and not the kind of player you want in your bottom 6 want no part of him at all.

Yakupov would increase our budget and we need to lower it.

Don't want to help improve the Oilers blueline not even potentially.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't think any team would give up a legit prospect for Yak. I really don't. Oilers looking at a legit B prospect or 3rd Rd pick probably.

Unless of course Edmonton would be willing to take a crap contract like Bieksa or Stoner from the ducks... then perhaps a guy like Montour is possible but it seems unlikely

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I think we keep Yakupov but the bigger question is if Puljujarvi makes the team where does leave Yakupov

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi . A big ,skilled , physical , 2 way line that has speed
Pouliot RNH Eberle A known preforming 2nd line
Maroon/Cagguila Draisaitl Yakupov / Pitlick / Slepyshev / Russell / Kassian ( If he gets back to his former play in Vancouver )

Some of these guys are better suited to a 3rd line roll then Yakupov is . Hate to send players to the AHL that has earn a spot on the team just to keep Yakupov up . I do believe he will break out but do you risk handing him a spot if someone else beats him out . You don't sit Yak in the press box and you don't send him to the AHL .

I guess the good thing is now we are getting some depth players have to actually earn their way onto the team . Another D or 2 and we are good to go deep each year

Put Yakupov on the first line with McDavid. Move Puljujarvi down to the third line with Draisaitl.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Put Yakupov on the first line with McDavid. Move Puljujarvi down to the third line with Draisaitl.

I think it would be more prudent to try Puljujarvi on the 1st line, i think he will be the real deal. Why waste that potential hoping for Yak to wake up? Leave Yak on the 3rd line.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yakupov will start scoring goals on the first day, when Edmonton will start using a real net-front precence since Ryan Smyth to screen goalies. Then his shots will go in.

Milan Lucic is that answer on your needs. He will make Yakupov a better-percentage scorer again, and McDavid will be the feeder.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What about something around Nuke and Yakupov? Ooooooooo...Ooooooooooooo...OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Yakupov will start scoring goals on the first day, when Edmonton will start using a real net-front precence since Ryan Smyth to screen goalies. Then his shots will go in.

Milan Lucic is that answer on your needs. He will make Yakupov a better-percentage scorer again, and McDavid will be the feeder.

My grandmother would be scoring goals on a line with McDavid and Lucic.
Anyone interested in her.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Can he play LW?

Pens will give something for him then.
He can play either, but I think he likes to operate from his off-wing.

As for Eklund, he is basically the Hockey version of the less reputable British magazines (The Sun, and Daily Mail), when it comes to trades/transfers. Throw enough garbage at the wall, and tag on to other legitimate rumors and some may come true.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yes go back and recheck the postings.It was Hall wouldn't get one of the
top 5 #1 D-man.
Chia was a fool for trading him for only Larsson.

Not really . I was one of the ones that wanted Hall traded , there are a few of use and most agree Hall had his little group and if you weren't a part of it you were isolated . I think Hall trade makes Yakupov a better player . Of course it is only my opinion until he proves it .

I don't think I ever seen anyone say hall would return a top 5 D in the game . I always thought his value was around a top 25 to 20 D . Larsson is close to that . I think I read he 34th overall on HF rankings .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad