Eklund Rumor: Yakupov on the move?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
What do you honestly think hes worth?

It doesn't really matter. What seems clear though, is that the Oilers have a price in mind if they're trading him off. If they don't get that price, what's the point? Why trade him?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yak won't be moved for magic beans. His value is at an all-time low anyways, all signs point to him being an Oiler this year.

I would think if he were moved, it would need to be for a 3rd line centre or RWer coming back. He doesn't possess the value to bring back a 2nd pairing RHD. #3 C would make the most sense.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Something mentioned on 1260 today that I agree with...

If I'm a betting man, Nail Yakupov is with Las Vegas to start the 2017-18 regular season. So you map out how he gets there, but I think this is a fairly likely scenario, like it or not.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I still have the same opinion:

They should have Yakupov play with McDavid. He produced at a good rate with McDavid last season so it's not like it'd be an entirely wasted spot. The higher caliber wingers will likely do comparatively better with weaker line mates than Yakupov would.

Having McDavid bouncing pucks into the net off Yakupov's ass would inflate his trade value as it looks like he'll have a career season, and they will get something stupid like a first rounder in return for a deadline trade.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I still have the same opinion:

They should have Yakupov play with McDavid. He produced at a good rate with McDavid last season so it's not like it'd be an entirely wasted spot. The higher caliber wingers will likely do comparatively better with weaker line mates than Yakupov would.

Having McDavid bouncing pucks into the net off Yakupov's ass would inflate his trade value as it looks like he'll have a career season, and they will get something stupid like a first rounder in return for a deadline trade.

I don't think teams actually fall for that. There was a guy on Pittsburgh named Ouellette who scored 35 in 120, solely on the strength of being able to convert cross ice passes from 87 or 71. When we decided to not sign him because the rest of his game sucked, nobody was fooled by his numbers into giving him decent money. He had another season like that playing opposite MSL and still cleared waivers smack in the middle of this season.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Yak would fit Pittsburgh's system like a glove. But we'd have to move Kunitz to make it work cap wise.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i have followed yakupov in his career and i realy realy hope habs goes for him but i doubt they will, hes a RW and were pretty much filled there. yakupov is one of my all time favorite prospect, just because of his style and i know he can bounce back, he just needs a change of scenery and be around veterans, he will probably never reach his full potential but he could still be a dominent player. it will kill me to see him in a rival team such as boston

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
10 times the player Yakupov is.

Seems unrelated to the previous argument.

Fact is, Oilers have a price in mind for Yakupov and if they don't get it, they won't move him. He's been told to be ready for breaking camp with the Oilers, he's been training wearing his Oilers gear and he's already in Edmonton getting ready for the season. I don't see him holding out given all that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad