Eklund Rumor: Yakupov on the move?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
So the struggling prospect that everyone has been saying could be on the move for the past year or two...is now possibly on the move. Real bold prediction there.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
wait... i'm still waiting on Shattenkirk to the Habs, Fowler to the Leafs and Hoffman to the Flames. :sarcasm:

is this ****ing clown ever right? he just throws as much random crap out there hoping something with eventually stick. he has no insiders at all. the guy's a fraud. and to think people actually pay him money. :shakehead:help:

Last edited by a moderator:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
wait... i'm still waiting on Shattenkirk to the Habs, Fowler to the Leafs and Hoffman to the Flames. :sarcasm:

is this ****ing clown ever right? he just throws as much random crap out there hoping something with eventually stick. he has no insiders at all. the guy's a fraud. and to think people actually pay him money. :shakehead:help:

My sources tell me that if Yak isn't traded then he probably stays with the Oilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
After training the way he has and not finding a trading partner yet I highly doubt this is accurate. He'll be an oiler on opening night, could be wrong, but not another soul in hockey has said otherwise since FA. Not counting the praise he got from McLellan recently at rookie camp, which looks to me like an organization back peddling to preserve a relationship.

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
Yakupov may go to DAL is what he said aswell..

Benn - Seguin - Yakupov
Nichushkin - Spezza - Sharp
Janmark - Eakin - Eaves/Ritchie
Roussel - Faksa - Hemsky

Hamhuis - Klingberg
Oduya - Johns
Lindell - Nemeth/Benn

PP 1: Sharp - Seguin - Benn
Klingberg - Spezza

PP 2: Janmark - Eakin - Nichushkin
Lindell - Yakupov

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
I actually can't understand why a team like Pittsburgh or Chicago aren't giving him a shot for the price the Oilers are apparently asking.

I mean, they have room on their top 6 (considering Kessel and Hagelin will play with Bonino next season) and Yakupov could really breakout if he plays with someone like Crosby, Malkin or Toews!

As a Habs fan, I'd be interested as we also have room on our top6... 2nd+Reway would be my offer.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Radulov - Plekanec - Gallagher

would be crazy!!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yawn.

Only a few more weeks of the dark days of the offseason. The World Cup will have to fill my need for hockey until we're back playing again.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I read the thread title...I read the tag...I hesitantly click the thread and then the link...I read the non-descript article then ask myself outloud "Why do I do these things?"

Yakupov at full retention to Pitt for a 2nd and a 3rd

Yakupov for Shultz.
:)

:laugh:

Nooooooo. Nope. No no no no :laugh: Nooooo

I would gamble a 3rd MAYBE...4th, yes. 2nd AND a 3rd or ANY roster player? Absolutely not. No way.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

So the struggling prospect that everyone has been saying could be on the move for the past year or two...is now possibly on the move. Real bold prediction there.

Looks like Yakupov will be an Oiler for another year..

At one point, Eklund also said that the Rangers weren't one of the contending teams for Vesey. :laugh: This of course being like 24 hours before Vesey signed.

Not only is Eklund piggybacking off of every other reputable person, this confirms Yakupov isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad