GDT: XXXV | "Paradigm Shift" | Battle of Alberta | 4.1.13 | 7:30PM | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I think I caught something about the 4th line remaining Petrell - Smyth - Brown from Stauffer. Can anyone confirm?

Hope we can get Yakupov scoring again. Been a while since the kids lit the lamp. He's had some good chances though.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Agreed. The biggest issue for this team is realizing they have to win every battle on every shift and that talent alone will not carry them.

)

Strangely enough I dropped a freudian slip in there as well and spelled week as weak.

lets hope they get over this weekness...:D

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
I think I caught something about the 4th line remaining Petrell - Smyth - Brown from Stauffer. Can anyone confirm?

Hope we can get Yakupov scoring again. Been a while since the kids lit the lamp. He's had some good chances though.

This is what Krueger said about Lander:

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 1h

"Anton Lander is the perfect 13th forward. He can play on any line in any position at any time." - Krueger on calling up the Swede

So it's quite possible from reading that. There is some RAW Pre-Game footage from Krueger as well, not sure if that has any info.

Edit: Krueger says in the RAW footage that the plan was to call up Lander well before his 6 point game but they wanted him to get some more games in before calling him up. He also says that the 4 lines they have right now are functioning well. So yeah, most likely sitting out tonight but was called up for depth if needed.

Last edited:

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Big statement game for both teams. Gotta think the Flames are going to be out to prove something. Same with Kipper.

Could be a scary game. Hopefully we don't lose focus because of the deadline and our recent winning streak.

This is a must win game in every sense of the cliche.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
@ryandittrick
In speaking with Alex Tanguay and the #Flames, they're really down. Iginla's trade and their spot in the standings has made it "difficult."

:nod:

Sounds like a wounded animal. We better be careful tonight. Gonna be a gooder. :yo:

DJ EarWax

Apr 3, 2011
Half of the hypocrites over at CP have done a complete 360 and are hoping for a loss so they can draft higher. Probably the same people mocking the Oilers the last few years while touting the hilarious myth that the Flames can rebuild on the fly.

One of the fools over there is hoping that the Oilers win so that we get "false hope" while the Flames can get closer to first overall.

I sincerely hope it is a decade + before they make the playoffs again.
So nothing has changed?

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I hope we destroy them, build our confidence and make a statement that we are truly making a push.

5-1 Oilers.
Hall, Gagner, J Schultz, Eberle, Horcoff.
Glencross.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Half of the hypocrites over at CP have done a complete 180 and are hoping for a loss so they can draft higher. Probably the same people mocking the Oilers the last few years while touting the hilarious myth that the Flames can rebuild on the fly.

One of the fools over there is hoping that the Oilers win so that we get "false hope" while the Flames can get closer to first overall.

I sincerely hope it is a decade + before they make the playoffs again.

Typical dumbass CP fans. I knew they would do the exact same thing as us in the same situation. No matter what happens, they just need to rip on us in any way they can. Their disdain moves around to fit the circumstances. It's sad really.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
LOL there's a main board thread in the polls section...Hall vs Kadri...I love watching him but man is that kid ever becoming overrated. Anyone who's seen leafs games knows how opportunistic and lucky he is right now. He'll top out as a 2C in the Gagner mold.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
LOL there's a main board thread in the polls section...Hall vs Kadri...I love watching him but man is that kid ever becoming overrated. Anyone who's seen leafs games knows how opportunistic and lucky he is right now. He'll top out as a 2C in the Gagner mold.

I know you won't believe me, this will come as a shock. But VNP chose Kadri "easily". He finds every single poll involving the Oil and comes in to dink it up. How the mods aren't breathing down his neck is beyond me.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
I love Yak's interviews. He is just always talking about working hard and getting 2 points and you can tell it`s genuine.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I hope the Oilers don't take the Flames lightly.....hope they come out with as much energy as they did vs. Vancouver.

Turrican*

I know you won't believe me, this will come as a shock. But VNP chose Kadri "easily". He finds every single poll involving the Oil and comes in to dink it up. How the mods aren't breathing down his neck is beyond me.

From what I have learned in my 7 years on HF is that the line between trolling and hater is very thin.

As long as you aren't calling a player or team stupid, go hard on your "opinion".

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers coming off three game win streak?

Top line is ripping it up?

Could be in a playoff spot with a win?

Flames are despondent?

Sounds like an upcoming loss. :baghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad