Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Boston Bruins 4-2, advance to ECF

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Good series. Florida was in control early but Boston showed a lot of guts the last 2 games. Loved the physicality of this series.

Reactions: Laus723

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The better team won.

We lost nr1 and nr 2 centers (albeit old and on the decline) prior to the season. Many predicted we ll miss the playoffs but we had a great regular season and beat the Leafs in the playoffs...that's not much i know but...

Vibrant off season ahead of us, cap space and slots to fill.

All in all not too disappointed and i must say i am quite entertained by the fact that the Bs haters don't get to enjoy the sharp decline they all been waiting for...for some time now.

We ll be back stronger next year, Go Bruins.

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
Just like Pasta stated it.

IMG_3829.jpg

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Panthers would like to thank the gracious fans in Boston who offered them beers after they eliminated the Broons.
You hate to generalize, and lump all fans in the same light, but some of the Bruins fans are sore winners, and even more sore losers.
I have been to TD Garden, there are a ton of their fans that are just plain terrible in every sense of the word.
The organization should be embarassed.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Absolutely disgraceful behavior from that fanbase but I am not surprised.

I’m not either, all you need to do is google ‘Boston sports fans controversy’ and it’ll make you raise your eyebrows

Absolutely disgusting reputation Boston sports fans have had for a hundred years

Reactions: Lilou

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Congrats Florida and their fans, 8 wins down and 8 more to go for "Cup". Solid team, that's deep, and has goalie playing very well. Lightning fans are suppose to hate our instate rival, but wouldn't mind seeing Cats win "Cup" at all. Florida has been close a few times, have had good teams, and have paid their dues: It'd be great to see Panthers organization & their fans rewarded for this! The same with Rangers here, both teams are "Cup" worthy without question. Truly wish all fan-bases could experience "Cup" run but not every team gets a trophy. Teams have to go earn their stripes!!!!

The other side of coin: NHL/E$PN got what they wanted..... New York Rangers -vs- Florida Tkachuk's in ECF. Florida has gotten more favorable love from NHL/E$PN during both their playoff journey's, but that's sport environment one as to track through today, What's the saying? "Don't hate the player, hate the game!" Still, this past series had to be weird for Boston fans with them being on other side of ref-coin this time around. No matter what type of water any lake/ocean/swamp has within, one has to adjust their swimming if they want to successfully swim across. Do that, and one increases odds of swimming to other side of lake/ocean/swamp. Complaining about waters, not adjusting swimming methods, and you name it. There's good odds one will sink to bottom! To be fair, Panthers and Rangers are the best two teams in East this season. They're both Championship worthy teams, that will most likely overcome any water type in front of them. But...... that is what makes watching #1 BS stuff so frustrating at times. The #1 BS antics wasn't needed, but we'll never know how an unhanded series/games would've gone. Will we?

Regardless, Rangers -vs- Panthers should make for an interesting series (Especially with these two goalies battling). Just hope NHL/E$PN just lets this series play out without player favoritism, #1 BS $$$ tactics, and the famous game/series management leagues are known for today. Here's to good, hard fought, injury free, and a series without any #1 BS skewing outcomes.

Good luck Panthers. enjoy the ride!!!!

Reactions: BB79 and whitefang

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The better team won.

We lost nr1 and nr 2 centers (albeit old and on the decline) prior to the season. Many predicted we ll miss the playoffs but we had a great regular season and beat the Leafs in the playoffs...that's not much i know but...

Vibrant off season ahead of us, cap space and slots to fill.

All in all not too disappointed and i must say i am quite entertained by the fact that the Bs haters don't get to enjoy the sharp decline they all been waiting for...for some time now.

We ll be back stronger next year, Go Bruins.
I think Boston will make a trade or sign a top 6 center. They will be back. You guys are a top 6 center or two away from contending again.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Panthers were clearly the better team but if a few bounces/calls go different, this series could have been a Boston win. Congrats to their fans... especially the ones who stuck through the dry years before the current crop. I'd love this to be a rivalry that continues going forward (Boston/Miami is arguably one of our top city-to-city rivalries with the Heat/Dolphins being longtime foes). Get yer jabs in now!

Swayman is a gem... fully deserves a $50+ mil contract this offseason.

Aside from a few periods and stretches, Boston couldn't solve the Panthers' neutral-zone game and didn't put up enough sustained in-zone pressure when they did break the zone.

Fully expect the talk-show nonsense about Pasta to start again in minutes. When Marchand was out, he was the only Bruin forward with talent to match against any of the Panther's top 5 or 6 forwards. He's going to get locked down, it'd be stupid if the Panthers had let him play clean... and he still managed to create multiple solid chances each game. Didn't convert as often as he usually does, but he's still the guy.

Debrusk was one of the most consistent and productive Bruins throughout. I don't know if he'd want to re-sign. I don't know if the Bruins want to re-sign him... or if they have the bucks allocated to do so... but if I'm Sweeney, I try for sure to get it done.

I was working on a personal analysis of the Bruins' going forward (since I'm no longer writing/etc., for anyone but myself) and three points seem in deep conflict with each other:

I. The Bruins have too much talent to go for a total tear-down.
II. The Bruins have a few major holes that make definitive contention less likely.
III. The Bruins don't have the cap space and future assets to assuredly fill those holes.

Personally, I have some ideas... but they're all super risky and I hate them as much as I'd advocate for them. Boston is between like 4 dozen rocks and three score hard places.

As for the Cats:

1. I both admire them and detest them (which is good).
2. They're so deep.
3. I think they didn't play to their best level... but if they do, I think they're back in the Cup Final for sure.
4. If they get performances out of Bob like they got in games 5 and 6, they're very scary. I have honestly never been a big fan of his game but if he plays like an All-Star behind that group of skaters, I think the Cup will be making its first trip to Sunrise.

[Edited because of dumb Florida city name and the fact that I'm dumber.]

Naw. Bounces and calls kept the bruins alive in this series. The meltdown over the goalie interference call in game 4 really impacted how this series was viewed. Panthers were the much better team.

• Haha
Reactions: goflyakite

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The other side of coin: NHL/E$PN got what they wanted..... New York Rangers -vs- Florida Tkachuk's in ECF. Florida has gotten more favorable love from NHL/E$PN during both their playoff journey's, but that's sport environment one as to track through today, What's the saying? "Don't hate the player, hate the game!" Still, this past series had to be weird for Boston fans with them being on other side of ref-coin this time around.
Yea. ESPN. Located in Connecticut which is a New England sports stronghold. They wanted the panthers over a Boston v. New York series. Both the league and ESPN would be thrilled with the ratings giant that matchup would have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ramble

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I get Swayman played well but that gwg was an awful one to give up. Im sure he wants that one back

Reactions: MaWa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad