Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
The only player “available” that could really take pressure off Sid is Marner. I just don’t see how that happens due to multiple factors. Dubas should absolutely be calling though.

Reactions: Sideline and orby

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol…this outlet is a racket…no one is interested in coming here unless 1) we overpay them and offer NMC or 2) it’s a young player looking for a bigger opportunity to play to get a future pay day and we’ll give that to him lol

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Lol…this outlet is a racket…no one is interested in coming here unless 1) we overpay them and offer NMC or 2) it’s a young player looking for a bigger opportunity to play to get a future pay day and we’ll give that to him lol

f*** the Dan Kingirski and the Pittsburgh Hockey Now, I break their back, put them in Camel Clutch, f*** their ass, make them humble, old country way Bubba.

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Hopefully we can swing a deal for one of the young forwards reportedly available this offseason.

Proven: Necas, Zegras
Change of Scenery: Rossi, Perfetti
Buy-low: Robertson, Kaliyev

I really doubt we have the assets for the fist four, unless you're trading Yager or the 2025 1st, which I highly doubt.

Should be able to get Robertson or Kaliyev for one of the 2nds at most. Might not even cost that much.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Next year and the year after are all that really matter at all--and even that's a stretch--because Sid's probably gonna hang 'em up after the Olympics. After that, they can't even keep pretending they're relevant. /shrug

Longer term stuff doesn't matter. Very soon this team's gonna be undeniably terrible, and probably for like a decade.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
if we can turn Reilly Smith’s cap into a 23 year old depth C with 40-50 pt potential. Yeah. Much better.
Reilly Smith having a 40pt season is a bad season, down from established norms. He has one year left then is a UFA.

KK's 40-point season would be ceiling-level play and, at this point, unusual. He's signed for six more years at $4.8mil. KK was a fourth-line player who needed protecting on nightly basis while scoring his whopping one assist in 11 games. His highest ice time in the playoffs was 18 minutes in a double OT game.

Debrusk is a near lock for 20-20 with higher potential who just potted 11 points in 13 playoff games and genuinely being an impact player on the top line on a nightly basis.

You are flat-out wrong here. But given your love for PLD just a mere week ago, no surprised you turned your attention to yet another overpaid shit center with a long term contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Not sure Dubas moves smith now. I think he needs to go but Dubas just may think there just aren't the FA options out there to sign and play here. Love Stephenson but if he hits FA he will be in demand. I have posted I think Dubas makes the major changes after this year. He will have assets like Rust and Karlsson to offer for picks and prospects and younger players.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
We need a stable all situation 3rd line center who can be trusted to cover the opponents top players. Watching the Canucks/Oilers I would love to have a player like Teddy Blueger anchoring the third line. Wonder what it would take to acquire him.

::gunshot::

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I wish we had a coach that utilized the 3rd line as an all-around line and didn't roll with a 1st line, a 3rd line, and a 4th line and 5th line in the bottom-6. :laugh:

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
We need a stable all situation 3rd line center who can be trusted to cover the opponents top players. Watching the Canucks/Oilers I would love to have a player like Teddy Blueger anchoring the third line. Wonder what it would take to acquire him.

I mean, Blueger had 10 points in 45 games last year for the Penguins and has been a playoff no-show since leaving (4 points in 17 games) just like he was with the Penguins (2 points in 18 games).

He's basically just a younger Lars Eller.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I mean, Blueger had 10 points in 45 games last year for the Penguins and has been a playoff no-show since leaving (4 points in 17 games) just like he was with the Penguins (2 points in 18 games).

He's basically just a younger Lars Eller.
Look at how they are using him. He was against McDrai every shift it seemed like, and winning the matchup consistently. Considering Lars Eller was one of the most stable players in the bottom six, and was fantastic later in the season, a younger version sounds like a nice player.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Pens need an offensive third line that can score, more than a responsible defensive line…with Sid and G aging, they should be taking on more defensive responsibilities too as they slow down…the top three lines should have about even O zone starts…we’re at that point now…unfortunately the coach isn’t lol

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I'm happy for Bleuger that he found a home but I am even more happy (still) that it's not in Pittsburgh.

I think the issue there is more Mike Sullivan than anything. Need two defensive lines. Oh no, can't put a wing with offensive instincts in there! He'll want to score instead of being hemmed in the zone defending!

As I've said recently, I think Jack Drury would be a great target for this. Or potentially Ponomarov if his play holds similar to what it was last year, as per Canes fans.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad