GDT: XLIV | "Foul" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 4.21.13 | 6:30PM | Starts on SNET-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
To be fair the Flames are sitting a vast majority of their "NHL" regulars and some other veterans are hurt. These are mostly AHL players that they're winning with.

I understand that however it is disappointing as a fan to see a team going through the motions. Taylor Hall, Yakupov and a couple of others seem to be putting in the effort. Anyways I do like the words that MacT has been expressing, I really hope that translates into action where an actual winning team is put above profits, dare to dream.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
These Ducks play by play guys are big homers from what I've been listen to since the end of the 2nd. Hall apparently has a stick that is "close to being an illegal curve", they have nothing good to say about Schultz and apparently Perry was innocent and Palmeri was "tripped" up.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
This has been a pretty crappy display of hockey by both teams. Still, credit to Anaheim. They have 28 (29 now?) shots already.

Seriously... therein lies our problem right there. They've given up 28 shots and there are still 13 minutes left in the hockey game.

Allforshow

Mar 13, 2013
Looks like Calgary is going to do better then us this year. Good thing it's not 82 games because we would easily be 30th again. The flames handled this team in Friday and we can't do anything tonight.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
And that's why Krueger's man-on-man system is ridiculous.

Perry was Smid's man, but he had to cover Getzlaf, so no one was covering Perry.

Would have helped if Gagner was covering his man(or even in the picture at all) too.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I blame this inevitable loss on all the 4th tier and lower fans who aren't giving out enough positive mojo and aren't projecting enough love towards the sextet of Lowe's fabulous rings. Shine on you crazy diamonds.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wonder if this team gets booed off the ice after each game the rest of the way. They certainly deserve it.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Ralph/MacT/Whoever needs to start fining our forwards every time they don't finish a check. So many flyby's from our forwards, you can count the guys who finish checks on one hand.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Looks like Calgary is going to do better then us this year. Good thing it's not 82 games because we would easily be 30th again. The flames handled this team in Friday and we can't do anything tonight.

It's because the Flames play harder than we do.

I'm not going to say that Krueger was a mistake hire, but I think it's pretty clear that he's not a "skill over effort" type coach.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Is Smithson the least noticeable deadline acquisition ever? I guess he had that chance earlier in the game... Will anyone, himself included, even remember he played for the Oilers for 8 games or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad