GDT: XLIV | "Foul" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 4.21.13 | 6:30PM | Starts on SNET-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
this team has absolutely no idea how to hit the net...as soon as they get the puck over the blueline, they just panic and rip one 34 feet wide....and odd man rush the other way

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He said that and then he followed it up by saying Horcoff got the oilers back into the playoff position when he came bame. Zero chance in the world horcoff gets turfed, none.
Well no. I just listened to it again. MacTavish agreed they were difficult decisions, said he thought Horcoff did a terrific job when he came back from injury, and then finished by saying the decisions on the three players were going to be tough and difficult. He preceded all this by saying Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky was his first line when the team went to the SCF but that's the evolution of hockey. Guys are on top for a few years and then young players come in and challenged for those positions, ice time, and roles.

Willy Lindstrom

Nov 25, 2008
Thanks. It was a brutal play but I hate to rag on the only good defensive forward we have in our bottom 6.

I guess. It just escapes me how a defensive forward can be on the ice for a defensive PK face-off and when the puck drops just wander into empty ice while his man heads for the net for a softie tap in.
Granted Dubnyk coughed u a juicy rebound on a soft shot, but of Horcoffs head is anywhere near in the game, Fowler is wearing #10 blue on that play. We might as well have been two men short he way Horcoff played that.

I agree that the team showed a burst of life when he came back, but my gawd, surely he has to be part of the long term solution...meaning he has to go. Aren't bottom six defensive forwards a dime a dozen?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Oh good.... I was worried we might have a chance to win this...

sigh.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
two straight terrible rookie like turnovers by hall..just ****in pass it to Yakupov hall! He's not poison!! Yak would be benched if that wouldve been him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad