Boston Bruins XIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sweeney may have no other alternative this trade deadline but to pull another Nash-like high risk no reward move. If Sweeney trades a first for Hall I can't but help see the Bruin board being closed for the day.

Don simply doesn't have the assets to pull off a good hockey trade....only two people to blame for that.

He should be fired ASAP if he does that ! But of course he wont be :(

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
On a positive note I can see Kase making it back to the line up within the next 2 weeks. He could be like a mini trade deadline deal for the bruins.

Bruins absolutely NEED to pick up Wood and go from there.

Wood can be a game changer whereas Hall has done nothing to make a team better with his play drastically going downhill.

You nailed it. They will spin that Kase returning is like a trade deadline deal.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Ummmm. Not what I was thinking at all. Gryz? Studnicka?[/QUOTET

Thats just it...your not thinking........Who the hell needs Studnincka dime a dozen or Gryz as over rated as they come.... Not this team. Thats for sure.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
A lot of frustration with Sweeney here. I think it has a lot to do with his half win now / half win later philosophy. He doesn't push all the chips into the pot, but he also hasn't gone the true rebuilding route.

He has tried to straddle the line to keep the team competitive over the long term which makes both sides unhappy.
Right.. straddling the line gets you crabs and ice water. either sell or go for younger players with some term who can offset the loss of draft picks. Making a decision and a strong push one way or the other has to be done. half way gets you nowhere.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Hall should have been a Bruin from Day one. Had he been instead of Seguin...This guy has been losing his whole career...He is like a abused child since coming into the league......Never proper coached, never surrounded by players needed to succeed.......Put him with Krejci...and in that room with Bergie and Marchy...Let them rub off on this guy....He will explode with greatness...

Hall
Savard
Kulikov......And a gruffy, gritty, togh fourth liner to replace Frederick come playoffs........Get this done we are Cupping....

Reactions: YukonCornelius

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Im warming up to the idea of Hall. If we keep Smith with Bergeron and Pastrnak with Krejci...its interesting.

That's exactly the way I see it. Hall-Krejci-Pasta would work. Hall is a great passer and could fly with Pasta.

Smith is working fine with Bergeron and Marchand.

Then you could run Ritchie-Coyle-Debrusk (on his off side)

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well lets see what happens. Last year Kase and Ritchie weren't names that were being floated around, so maybe there are some guys that we haven't even thought of that could be incoming to help this team. Don't really want Hall, but feel like thats the "splash" Sweeney goes for with the Islanders out on Hall now. Still would love to add Savard as insurance, plus a right side of McAvoy-Carlo-Savard is really strong when healthy.

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
A lot of frustration with Sweeney here. I think it has a lot to do with his half win now / half win later philosophy. He doesn't push all the chips into the pot, but he also hasn't gone the true rebuilding route.

He has tried to straddle the line to keep the team competitive over the long term which makes both sides unhappy.

guessing he’s trying to keep Jacob’s happy and do what’s best for the team which in his opinion is to keep assets.

If he only filled glaring holes in the summer with free agency he wouldn’t have to worry now

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well lets see what happens. Last year Kase and Ritchie weren't names that were being floated around, so maybe there are some guys that we haven't even thought of that could be incoming to help this team. Don't really want Hall, but feel like thats the "splash" Sweeney goes for with the Islanders out on Hall now. Still would love to add Savard as insurance, plus a right side of McAvoy-Carlo-Savard is really strong when healthy.

Feels a lot like 2013, when they missed on Iginla (Palmeiri) and instead they went to a poor fit in Jagr (Hall) because doing something was better than doing nothing.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Good read from Mick.

Just look at Sweeneys face there....If that is not the look of a confused, scared, lackey....On the other end of the spectrum you have a real GM named Lou Lam.....closing a deadline deal and instilling confidence in his team for a run......If i am Begeron and see Sweeney, I dont even look at him, i walk away. He has a few days to gain some respect. I doubt he earns it because i think he is a very weak man and always has been....But he gets a chance.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You nailed it. They will spin that Kase returning is like a trade deadline deal.
First page of the losers excuse manual. Sweeney has memorized the whole book. Expect "More days in first place" to make an appearance soon along with "We like our group"

Reactions: Bodit9

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Just look at Sweeneys face there....If that is not the look of a confused, scared, lackey....On the other end of the spectrum you have a real GM named Lou Lam.....closing a deadline deal and instilling confidence in his team for a run......If i am Begeron and see Sweeney, I dont even look at him, i walk away. He has a few days to gain some respect. I doubt he earns it because i think he is a very weak man and always has been....But he gets a chance.
Wait....what?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hall should have been a Bruin from Day one. Had he been instead of Seguin...This guy has been losing his whole career...He is like a abused child since coming into the league......Never proper coached, never surrounded by players needed to succeed.......Put him with Krejci...and in that room with Bergie and Marchy...Let them rub off on this guy....He will explode with greatness...

Hall
Savard
Kulikov......And a gruffy, gritty, togh fourth liner to replace Frederick come playoffs........Get this done we are Cupping....

Kulikov is a defenseman.....

This whole take sucked. Hall hasn’t been surrounded players? LMAO. Did McDavid, Drasaitl, RNH, Eberle just not exist when Hall was in EDM?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I heard that Studnicka was a component the Devils were interested in but DS said no way in any deal. It is little wonder we are where we are if DS thinks Studs is the next Connor McDavid.

I would include Studs in any deal if it makes sense. We could of had Robert Thomas in the same draft year instead of Vaak. Thomas looks like a true NHLer which I have my doubts Studs will ever be.

As far as Kase, I wish he would at least take off the rest of this season and then take a serious look at the future. Too fragile for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad