Boston Bruins XIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
I heard that Studnicka was a component the Devils were interested in but DS said no way in any deal. It is little wonder we are where we are if DS thinks Studs is the next Connor McDavid.

I would include Studs in any deal if it makes sense. We could of had Robert Thomas in the same draft year instead of Vaak. Thomas looks like a true NHLer which I have my doubts Studs will ever be.

As far as Kase, I wish he would at least take off the rest of this season and then take a serious look at the future. Too fragile for my liking.
I think Sweeney would part with Studnicka, but not for a rental like Palmieri

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Acquire a goalie, protect Vladar. They’re not taking your the goalie you acquired over one of your defenseman and if they do, you made out well.

I'm not an expansion draft expert, but wouldn't Vladar be exempt? Does he need two or fewer pro seasons or NHL seasons? Honest question. Not trying to be a smartass

Reactions: Gordoff

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
A lot of frustration with Sweeney here. I think it has a lot to do with his half win now / half win later philosophy. He doesn't push all the chips into the pot, but he also hasn't gone the true rebuilding route.

He has tried to straddle the line to keep the team competitive over the long term which makes both sides unhappy.
Additionally, he has also wasted numerous assets and blown several easy opportunities to fix the main problem (secondary scoring) over the last 5-6 years. He also had to give up a 1st last year just to get rid of a horrible contract that he signed Backes to, which could've been used to give Krejci help.

Now, some of it isn't his fault. I have no inside knowledge, but I'm convinced that the Jacobs family won't let him sell/rebuild. They easily would've been able to get a 1st for Eriksson at the 2016 deadline, but Jacobs wanted 2 playoff dates even though the team would've been swept if they got in. If I were Sweeney I'd tell Neely and Jacobs to suck it up if some team offered me at least a first for Krejci, for example. Don played for the Bruins and is pals with Neely, Jacobs, and "advisor" Harry Sinden, so it's not like they'd fire him on the spot.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm not an expansion draft expert, but wouldn't Vladar be exempt? Does he need two or fewer pro seasons or NHL seasons? Honest question. Not trying to be a smartass

Vladar is not exempt.
Swayman is exempt.

Getting another goalie signals to me that Rask may be done or calling it quits at season end.

A deal like this, if happens, allows for Vladar or Swayman to backup new incoming guy next year.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
With the expansion draft coming this makes zero sense to me
I agree. If the B's are really looking at goaltenders, then we close up shop and just ride the playoffs for a miracle. Or if Management is feeling bold, if Tuukka is hurt and unlikely for the playoffs, then use that as an excuse to sell.

Now, I think the prospects of Bruins selling are almost zero. BUT if Tuukka is really a problem, then that would move us into territory where the B's management could at least try to sell fans on the notion that we need to build for future.

Bottom line is I HATE HATE HATE the notion of adding a goalkeeper. We'd have to use what slim trade assets we have to get us back near to square one (traded for goalie is very unlikely to be Tuukka calibre). And square one is not Stanley Cup calibre. It's just not.

EDIT: Just saw Wally's post regarding the hypothetical of what this might mean regarding Rask. If Rask is done then sell.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
It's looking like Donny wanted to trade a 2nd plus some pieces for Palmieri instead of a first.

I actually don't mind that, we really need to restock our prospect pool and can't afford to keep dishing 1sts (or other picks) for assets that only last 10-20 games ala Nash, Johansson, Kase, etc.

If we're trading a first I'd rather get someone young that we can re-sign like Mantha or Garland.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
View attachment 418777

Like Toffoli in the back pocket last year lol
Sweeney is becoming Danny Ainge, to a degree. Interesting that the Bruins are "in on" nearly everyone, similar to how the Celtics are "in on" nearly everyone.

Either Sweeney can't close like Chiarelli's last few years or it's PR spin from the Bruins so they can say to their fans that they "tried" to get players.

Reactions: bbfan419

member 96824

I just don’t follow why we’d be goalie shopping right now and not in the summer, when I think you’ll see a couple of teams scrambling to move goalies for something so they don’t lose them for nothing.

I understand Don likes to have his summers to himself, but just kind of odd timing to make a move like that.

Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I just don’t follow why we’d be goalie shopping right now and not in the summer, when I think you’ll see a couple of teams scrambling to move goalies for something so they don’t lose them for nothing.

I understand Don likes to have his summers to himself, but just kind of odd timing to make a move like that.

Team doesn’t trust Halak and Rask is not looking good for health? Only reason it makes sense.

Reactions: Gee Wally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad