Boston Bruins XIII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Apparently Hoffman is available. Schwartz is another who’s available - but saying Schwartz will demand 6x7m .

St Louis looking for picks and young dmen. We have both.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
I'd give up all of my Kuralys for a Lindholm back -- this is a lame campaign to have that have happened. is this your Wagner? why is my Kh file empty? who is in charge around here? put down the gas can and focus on my words -- we'll get you out of this. is there some one I can call for you?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Okay, so what? This is all academic and has no bearing on the Bruins and what they need to do. So Lee is better than Palms. Lee was injured and is out for the rest of the season and playoffs. Does Lams do the Chicken Little, piss himself and throw up his hands? No he does the ballsy thing and gets the PBA PLUS Zajac. That's leadership. All of the other stuff is academic and just shows that many of us here are claiming that the grapes were sour anyway.

I’m just responding to an inaccurate narrative trying to be creative that Palmieri isn’t a notch below Lee. He is. I believe every team would take Lee over Palmieri, without factoring age and contract too. That’s all I’m saying. Doesn’t mean Palmieri is a bad player, i would’ve liked him here

the islanders clearly made themselves better off for a cup run, anybody disputing that is crazy

Reactions: Gordoff and Kalus

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
St Louis is selling and could RW Tarasenko be had?

Now here’s a guy I would offer a first for. Forget Perron.

1rst
DeBrusk
Bjork
Moore
Vaakanen or Steen

That would be the steal of the century in Boston.
But really, why would Blues trade elite winger for bulk? They would get back poor pick and 3-4 line assets. Same as would trade Machand for the Puljujärvi, Yamamoto and 1st. The Bruins only asset for this kind of trade is McA.

With those assets you could get something like Garland, Hall (pretty sure that Buffalo would take 1st), Gusev...

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
wow he is small. hate to say it but he is kase, kuhlman small and he was getting banged around every shift tonight. not sure he lasts long with his stature.

He reminds be of Marchand, alot.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
He reminds be of Marchand, alot.
yeah not hating on the guy but damn he looked smaller in stature tonight and was taking a lot of hits from opposing players. looked like they enjoyed picking on him as a smaller player. sucks. sure he is a talented guy but again he was small. can imagine the abuse he would take on this board for not being a prototypical power forward. not against him but would look for more size somewhere else.

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Having taken some time to digest the Palmieri/Zajac trade I've probably settled on the point of view of some others here that it was a good deal for the Isles, but wouldn't have been for the Bruins given what they would have had to give up. The two teams are just in different places.

In the offseason I held to the principle that I'd evaluate Sweeney's performance at the end of it, rather than jumping too much on this or that move or missed opportunity. Once nothing happened after Smith I found it wanting, but I'll wait and see again here at the deadline. There is time yet for good things to materialize, although the Bruins have had, what, maybe 2 genuinely exciting/significant trades since their last Cup win? So I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am getting worried what DS will trade his 1st round pick for this year rental

It wouldn't surprise. He's traded away several first round selections over his tenure.

There will likely be some "meh" move or two, which won't improve matters much, and the Bruins will exit the playoffs forthwith.

When the guy swings, he whiffs. Nash. A terrible, terrible signing, given RN's widely known concussion history and declining play. Backes (and I still have greate respect for Daivd), Belesky. Or other guys they pursued but failed to land.

Or it's lesser fish, which is fine by me, assuming they can play. Well, they got Johansson, gone after one rental season. Charlie Coyle, who I still believe in, and Kase/Richie, the former who can't stay healthy, the latter, although improved, has no pulse.

So, again, it's mediocrity. With Sweeney and Neely in charge next year, and probably the year thereafter, that's what you're going to get.

Endsville, as Sinatra might say.

This is not a coaching problem. It's not a player problem.

It's a management problem, because below ownership (Mr. Burns), that's where the culture begins and ends. And though Sweeney and Neely are not bad managers, they aren't very good either. Meh.

End rant.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
All in here!!!!!

To ANA:
DeBrusk
Vaak9
2021 1st
2022 3rd

To BOS:
Rakell
Deslauries

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To BUF:
Senyshyn
2021 2nd

To BOS:
Hall @ 50% retained

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To NJD:
2021 3rd
2022 4th

To BOS:
Kulikov

Put Rakell with either line one the top six and the Bruins are set.

63-37-Rakell
Hall-46-88
21-13-12
Deslauries-52-10

Reserve: 14, 83, 11, 81

48-73
Kulikov-25
67-86

Reserve: 75, 44, 55, 84

40-41

Reserve: Kids

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

It’s like we’ve heard that before, Boston is always in on everyone but also always end up losing the race.

But Palmieri gone there’s really not much left for top6 offense. Hall is the only guy but his reputation isn’t too hot right now

They're not trading anyone because they are in the playoffs and it's a bad PR move. They are absolutely going out in the first round though.

Which is terrifying if they decide to not add anything real either.

This is a team that needs real talent at this point, depth won’t do.

My fear is they’ll end up being a team just chasing 1st round exit for couple of years and end up rebuilding. There’s nowhere near enough talent at F to survive the future.

Pasta, DeBrusk, Stud, Sent, Trent isn’t much to build around

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think it boils down to if you really believe they have a shot to win it all and are just a rental or two away.

Me? I think pigs will fly first. This isnt their year.

My hope is that they can make some deals to shore up a shot next year and maybe another one after before the window is done. Or at least start building a bridge to compete in the future.

Thats me.

For that they really need to figure how to solve the C question.
A team is really only a contender for playoffs, not Cup without an elite C.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
This was on the Main Board:
Blue Jackets taking calls on multiple players — The Fourth Period

The Boston Bruins are considered a team eyeing Merzlikins due to the uncertainty surrounding Tuukka Rask’s health and future with the organization.

I don't see it happening but...
This one reminds me a little when the Leafs had Pogge and Tuukka and chose to keep the wrong one, but if there's any legs to it more than likely one of Vlad or Swayman go the other way in a package

No. I like Merzlikins a lot but I want to see Vladar and Swayman play.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
He’s also a Masshole

Dougie Hamilton UFA

Trade Carlo to Nashville for Ekholm

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Ekholm- Hamilton

Dougie ready to return to where it all started

solved

f***s no. Hamilton has become soft and clearly didn't mesh well with the guys in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad