Boston Bruins XII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So, as a favor to @Gee Wally , I did the math for you.

If I have tonight's roster correct, then the Bruins will have $5,736,668 in deadline space (The AAV that can be added)

View attachment 418163

Palmieri in and Bjork out tomorrow, drops deadline space down to $1,865,512.

That could increase drastically just by having Halak and Rask healthy by deadline.

The other option is they could LTIR Kase and Moore. Unfortunately, they can't call anyone up to get as close as possible to the cap (as you can see they are at a 23 man roster) so they wouldn't be able to maximize all the LTIR
Dom, in all seriousness, given the available reports/projections on our injured players and LTIR machinations do you have a ballpark guess of best case scenario for our Cap room over next few days prior to TDL? Time is short. Is current state as good as it’s likely to get?

Edit. Typed too fast. Saw bit about Jaro/Tuukka. Bit slippery, but could we activate Tuukka for a game and sit him on bench and gamble that starter is healthy for whole game?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, in all seriousness, given the available reports/projections on our injured players and LTIR machinations do you have a ballpark guess of best case scenario for our Cap room over next few days prior to TDL? Time is short. Is current state as good as it’s likely to get?

Too many scenarios.

Just an example, If Rask and Halak were magically healthy tomorrow, that $5.7 Million above now becomes $7.9 Million. If Carlo were healthy, Kampfer could go to the taxi squad and that $7.9 now becomes $8.9 Million.

I can't calculate LTIR without first knowing the status of those injured/sick today.

Heck, they could even waive Chris Wagner tomorrow :sarcasm:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The best part was the ending

"This Bruins team isn’t your older brother’s Bruins team and the quicker everyone faces that fact, the better off the Bruins will be."
yep and the fact this might be the first time I`ve seen an article written actually mentioning that Cassidy needs to perhaps do better

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Too many scenarios.

Just an example, If Rask and Halak were magically healthy tomorrow, that $5.7 Million above now becomes $7.9 Million. If Carlo were healthy, Kampfer could go to the taxi squad and that $7.9 now becomes $8.9 Million.

I can't calculate LTIR without first knowing the status of those injured/sick today.

why wait til tomorrow to waive Wags?:laugh: Take Kuraly with him pls

Reactions: Estlin and Number8

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Too many scenarios.

That’s some pretty big swings. Evan Gold is earning his money!

Gotta be honest, if a viable player(s) is worth a deal, gambling on waiving Wagner is not a bad gamble. Rough business and I like Wags the person, but desperate times and business is not always kind.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That’s some pretty big swings. Evan Gold is earning his money!

Gotta be honest, if a viable player(s) is worth a deal, gambling on waiving Wagner is not a bad gamble. Rough business and I like Wags the person, but desperate times and business is not always kind.

Remember when they bought out Seidenberg?

When I first heard that, I thought to myself "No way is Sweeney going to do that." Then asked myself "should I tweet it out?" I did, but no one would believe it until it happened two days later.

I will say this about Sweeney, he doesn't let his emotions get in the way of difficult decisions. And that may be the best thing I've said about him in the last week.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Remember when they bought out Seidenberg?

When I first heard that, I thought to myself "No way is Sweeney going to do that." Then asked myself "should I tweet it out?" I did, but no one would believe it until it happened two days later.

I will say this about Sweeney, he doesn't let his emotions get in the way of difficult decisions. And that may be the best thing I've said about him in the last week.
I remember the first time I let someone go. Sucked. But the rationale was sound, and my boss most definitely didn’t pay me to be nice when business required action. A growing up moment, but a subdued one. Kind of like when I realized Santa was not really squeezing down our chimney. Shit, we didn’t even have chimney then!

On a side note, God did I love Der Hammer.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I need help (and not the kind your thinking)

Can someone please show me a tweet (I checked Twitter myself and couldn't find a thing) or a story that someone confirms Don Sweeney was actually in LA yesterday?

I mean, surely, someone would have noticed if he was there and tweeted it out or something no? Like, more than one person tweeted JFJ was at the SJ/LA game, but not a one about Sweeney?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Bjork being moved for palmeri I would guess. He has been playing well and been a healthy scratch. Probably the price. Hopefully no high draft pics too. I can see bjork becoming a really good second line player. He fast and smart he has a hard time scoring but I feel like with a real goal scorer on his line he could put up a lot of apples. If bjork is moved for Palmeri I assume it makes draft picks not as high going to jersey.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Bjork being moved for palmeri I would guess. He has been playing well and been a healthy scratch. Probably the price. Hopefully no high draft pics too. I can see bjork becoming a really good second line player. He fast and smart he has a hard time scoring but I feel like with a real goal scorer on his line he could put up a lot of apples. If bjork is moved for Palmeri I assume it makes draft picks not as high going to jersey.

Bjork + 2nd + late rounder is what I heard very early this afternoon. Already posted

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Can someone please show me a tweet (I checked Twitter myself and couldn't find a thing) or a story that someone confirms Don Sweeney was actually in LA yesterday?

I mean, surely, someone would have noticed if he was there and tweeted it out or something no? Like, more than one person tweeted JFJ was at the SJ/LA game, but not a one about Sweeney?
He wasn't in Providence with the rest of his gang yesterday so it's obvious he's in LA

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I looked all over when it was rumored on here. Only thing I saw was something on a blog saying JFK was there.

Reactions: DominicT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad