Boston Bruins XII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Is there a record on the season for most Rumors/Trade Proposals/TDL threads in a season? Actually a somewhat serious question :naughty::laugh:

I remember last year we got over 10. This is number 12.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jeff Gorton drafting Lucic lol

Scott Bradley says hello

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I see some mention that Palmieri doesn’t move the needle much and I disagree.

Your top 9 goes from:

Marchand — Bergeron— Smith
Ritchie — Krejci — Pastrnak
DeBrusk — Coyle — Senyshyn/Bjork

To something like this:

Marchand — Bergeron — Palmieri
DeBrusk — Coyle — Smith

3LRW of Smith >>> 3LRW of Senyshyn/Bjork

You just added a guy who is going to score goals, is a top 6 winger and helps serious upgrade your winger depth a lot. That point shouldn’t be ignored. An addition of Palmieri makes the whole roster deeper.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Still a vastly overrated GM. You'd think they way people talk about him he took a poverty franchise and turned them into a dynasty....yet they've never made a cup final or even a conference final. You want to know how good he is, wait till some of these studs start coming up for raises and Colorado has to start worrying about the cap. Next year alone they need to re-sign Landeskog, Makar and Saad. Right now CF has them at about $24 million in cap space with 12 guys signed. Landeskog and Makar alone could eat most of that cap space.
If Sakic is vastly overrated I can’t imagine how badly you must think Sweeney sucks.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I see some mention that Palmieri doesn’t move the needle much and I disagree.

Your top 9 goes from:

Marchand — Bergeron— Smith
DeBrusk — Coyle — Senyshyn/Bjork

To something like this:

Marchand — Bergeron — Palmieri
DeBrusk — Coyle — Smith

3LRW of Smith >>> 3LRW of Senyshyn/Bjork

You just added a guy who is going to score goals, is a top 6 winger and helps serious upgrade your winger depth a lot. That point shouldn’t be ignored. An addition of Palmieri makes the whole roster deeper.
What does NJ accept for Palmeiri from
Boston

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Jeff Gorton drafting Lucic lol

Scott Bradley says hello
The Lucic pick was an interesting one. Bradley was diagnosed with cancer and had surgery, which kept him home in Vancouver. He got to watch Lucic, who played for the Giants, for the better part of the season and fell in love with him. I’ve read that Bradley tried to convince Gorton to take him at 37.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
@Montecristo in the last thread you said Palmieri giving you 13 ES goals wasn't a big deal...you realize that's actually really solid even strength production, right?

since 15/16 he's the 12th ranked RW in the NHL in 5v5 goals. That's infinitely better than anything we've had in our top 6 outside of the big 4 in the last 5 years.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Where as with Sweeney we are still looking for that (even) single top6 F addition and are completely depended at C on 35y old and 34y old.
6 years strong.[/QUOTE]

It’s not that simple. It’s not apples to apples. I get your argument, but both teams were in different positions.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Palmieri has more ES goals since 2015 (and more goals per 60 minutes) than Blake Wheeler, TJ Oshie & Reilly Smith (as just a few high end RW examples):
total goals:
NHL Stats
goals per 60:
NHL Stats

It's nonsense to say he's just an "average" RW. He has consistently been one of the best RWs in the NHL for the last 5+ years. This year has been a down year for him...question is whether it's the start of a decline or just an off year. He has been remarkably consistent and his shooting % is down this year. Given that he's barely 30 I doubt he is suddenly in decline. He'd absolutely help this team and be a huge step up over what we have.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I'm calling it.

Kulikov and Palmieri to Boston.
I always thought of Kulikov as the NHL GM's didn't-get-an-empty-chair-before-the-music-stopped. If you start your offseason slowly, you inevitably get linked to Kulikov. If you completely bollocks things, you wind up signing him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Hall is better then Palmieri. Hes available pay extra and get him.
Hall has fewer goals and way fewer goals per 60 since 2015 than Palmieri. Goals aren't the only stat that matters, but for this team bringing in more goals is absolutely our priority. Hall is actually not better than Palmieri and definitely not the current version of Hall.

also assuming we keep Debrusk, adding a RW > adding a LW

Reactions: Mantis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad