Boston Bruins XII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I know everyone loves to hate on and laugh at Taylor Hall, but I would be fine with the right deal there. As a cheap rental with potential to turn heads and change opinions, if that's the big move I'm ok there.

Strong emphasis on the cheap part

Reactions: KrejciWinger

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I know everyone loves to hate on and laugh at Taylor Hall, but I would be fine with the right deal there. As a cheap rental with potential to turn heads and change opinions, if that's the big move I'm ok there.

kind of a risky move. Eats most of bostons available space (thats for @Gee Wally) and he stinks

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Hoffman + Dunn

Go read the Blue board. They are as desperate to get rid of Hoffman & Dunn as we are of DeBrusk.

Hoffman is PP focused and not much good outside of that. He has been moved down the line-up and benched. Dunn is all offense and no defense.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I been away a few hours what has happened?
Lots of this

trolls-1-1500x1125.jpg

member 96824

Gryz is on a 48 point pace, Krug is on a 40 point pace

I had this dream. It's bizarre but bear with me. It was a dream that a lineup could have both players in it and it would help significantly offensively.

It was a dream where Krug wasn't replaced by Gryz, he was replaced by Lauzon and Zboril, who combined have 10 points in 54 games for a -3

In this dream for all the talk about "well they needed to save the money" was actually about pocketing the money and not spending to the cap.

The team sputtered out to a fringe playoff spot, fighting for their lives for one of the last open spots.

Fans, without thinking, repeated the same tired lines, not realizing what they're saying out loud because it as comfortable.

It was a group of people just saying "better defensively! Better defensively! Addition by subtraction! Krug didn't help the offense anyway, just a PP guy! The power play is fine. The scoring is fine. Don will spend the money on a forward!" all in unison.

Maybe it was a nightmare instead, I dunno.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
please,I’m begging you, please stop this.
Wally, I like you. But despite that, I’m afraid I need to enter the fray and possibly ruin your day. The number of truly nutty takes going on here has caused me to want to throw my hat in the ring.

I warn you up front, I’m not very good at this (to quote Martin Short “I am actually not a strong swimmer”) but I’m quite enthusiastic and have been doing some calisthenics in my living room this afternoon to get mentally sharp.

First up. Connor McDavid. It involves some salary retention, yes. But that is more than made up for by the fact that it centers around a sexy little package of Anton Blidh and a very slightly injured Johnny Moore. Now before you shoot me down, I’m throwing in a pick. Not a high one I admit, but a pick none the........

Wait!! Phone is ringing. My scout in the field, Davey Nostrils (long story) is calling in. Be right back everyone. Hang tight for a min.:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Wally, I like you. But despite that, I’m afraid I need to enter the fray and possibly ruin your day. The number of truly nutty takes going on here has caused me to want to throw my hat in the ring.

I warn you up front, I’m not very good at this (to quote Martin Short “I am actually not a strong swimmer”) but I’m quite enthusiastic and have been doing some calisthenics in my living room this afternoon to get mentally sharp.

First up. Connor McDavid. It involves some salary retention, yes. But that is more than made up for by the fact that it centers around a sexy little package of Anton Blidh and a very slightly injured Johnny Moore. Now before you shoot me down, I’m throwing in a pick. Not a high one I admit, but a pick none the........

Wait!! Phone is ringing. My scout in the field, Davey Nostrils (long story) is calling in. Be right back everyone. Hang tight for a min.:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Thanks dude. You just provided Jimmy “Slainte” Thinskins his newest rumor and source for his shit website.

PoweredByRICE

Hates your team
May 7, 2011
Bangor, Maine

He isn't going to go cheap someone will give up at least a 2nd and prospect imo

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So, as a favor to @Gee Wally , I did the math for you.

If I have tonight's roster correct, then the Bruins will have $5,736,668 in deadline space (The AAV that can be added)

Bruins Cap.PNG

Palmieri in and Bjork out tomorrow, drops deadline space down to $1,865,512.

That could increase drastically just by having Halak and Rask healthy by deadline.

The other option is they could LTIR Kase and Moore. Unfortunately, they can't call anyone up to get as close as possible to the cap (as you can see they are at a 23 man roster) so they wouldn't be able to maximize all the LTIR

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

65B1BABE-B2FF-4A01-8B28-4ADCD3AFB78C.jpeg

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Reading this thread after being away for a few hours remind me of this quote from Einstein"

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or the others crazy?"

Reactions: Number8 and Alicat

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Can we please stop with the "Can't deal the first round pick" narrative. This is a weak draft in a year where how many scouts got to see players in person for more than a game or two? How many players really developed this year to where a first in the mid 20's or later is so important? This is absolutely the year to include your first in any deal that makes you better now.
Agree the 2021 1st is the one to deal if we deal one, hang onto the 2022 and 2023 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad