Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Pasta has ways to go

He needs to play better. And score some goals
Get some other guys that can score here and he’ll start putting the puck in the net again. He looked good when he first came back the team was playing well, less pressure on him to score.

Gotta grab Garland. Good for the future and the now.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
check out this shot heat map from the Penguins game. Obviously one of our worst games but geez someone drive the f***ing net. if no one wants to then get people who will. Vast majority of our losses have no action in front of the net. Surprise, surprise ours wins do.
upload_2021-4-3_11-11-49.png

member 96824

Carlo is week to week. Rask is a mystery. Halak showed he’s not taking you anywhere remotely close to a SCF.

SELL. SELL. SELL.

Yep, that’s it for me. I’ve been in the “hold your nose and buy cause you have to and this is just the bed we’ve made” but with those two updates, I’m out. Sucks you won’t get max return because of cap situations, expansion, etc. but it is what it is.

The unforgivable piece is to not learn from your past mistakes and let UFAs walk in non-contending years like Loui, Soderberg, etc.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Carlo is week to week. Rask is a mystery. Halak showed he’s not taking you anywhere remotely close to a SCF.

SELL. SELL. SELL.
I’d love to see him sell expiring contracts but I can’t see them selling at all. I think this just gives him more reason to do nothing.

Maybe he grabs someone with some term, or RFA so he can be adding for future.

If we add Garland do we have the off season cap to sign him? He’s probably getting what 6 or 7?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
16-17 Backes-Krejci-Spooner
17-18 DeBrusk-Krejci-Spooner
18-19 DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
19-20 DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
20-21 Smith-Krejci-Ritchie

Those wingers are a joke
18-19 was Krejci's most productive season 5 on 5 (47pts) since 2013-2014 (44 pts). He also played with Marchand and Pastrnak that season so that skews the numbers a bit.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yep, that’s it for me. I’ve been in the “hold your nose and buy cause you have to and this is just the bed we’ve made” but with those two updates, I’m out. Sucks you won’t get max return because of cap situations, expansion, etc. but it is what it is.

The unforgivable piece is to not learn from your past mistakes and let UFAs walk in non-contending years like Loui, Soderberg, etc.

They won’t do it because they’re sackless, but all UFA’s should be dealt. I’d entertain offers for a guy like Ritchie as well. SJS got a 1st for Goodrow from TBL. Ritchie is having his best season and he’s dangerous to re-sign. Imagine capatilizing on him and getting a decent prospect and a late first or second?

member 96824

They won’t do it because they’re sackless, but all UFA’s should be dealt. I’d entertain offers for a guy like Ritchie as well. SJS got a 1st for Goodrow from TBL. Ritchie is having his best season and he’s dangerous to re-sign. Imagine capatilizing on him and getting a decent prospect and a late first or second?

Ritchie is really interesting cause he’s cheap. Krejci you’re sadly going to have little to no market for cause of the money, even retaining half. Just difficult for teams to squeeze him in. Ritchie on the other hand, you can create a market for.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Agreed. Ritchie is putting up points because he’s received so much power play time with Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak and because he’s in a contract year. Whichever team signs him will regret it, IMHO. Sell high on him. Sweeney should also unload Krejci and Kuraly for whatever he can get. I would add Rask to the list, but his injury probably precludes a trade.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’d love to see him sell expiring contracts but I can’t see them selling at all. I think this just gives him more reason to do nothing.

Maybe he grabs someone with some term, or RFA so he can be adding for future.

If we add Garland do we have the off season cap to sign him? He’s probably getting what 6 or 7?

Garland is an RFA with arbitration eligibility. Unless you are trying to lock him up for the 8 year maximum, he is in the same boat as DeBrusk was last offseason. Little to no leverage.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ritchie is really interesting cause he’s cheap. Krejci you’re sadly going to have little to no market for cause of the money, even retaining half. Just difficult for teams to squeeze him in. Ritchie on the other hand, you can create a market for.

I don’t know with Krejci. What’s his prorated number going to be? I’m not a cap guy and never will be; reason #84849484738488595847 why I’d never be an NHL GM besides in a video game (I build winners btw, just saying).

I could see a team giving up some solid assets for a player like him with his postseason pedigree.

member 96824

I don’t know with Krejci. What’s his prorated number going to be? I’m not a cap guy and never will be; reason #84849484738488595847 why I’d never be an NHL GM besides in a video game (I build winners btw, just saying).

I could see a team giving up some solid assets for a player like him with his postseason pedigree.

Back of the napkin here but I think even retaining half, you’re looking at Minny, Florida, Carolina, and Nashville as teams in playoff spots that could take him on prorated at the deadline.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

If they traded him today, the acquiring team would be responsible for $2.25 million of his cap hit.

I will teach you how to figure it out this one time only.

Go to CapFriendly and the Bruins page. (or you could hack into my computer if you wish).

Boston Bruins - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Near the top of the page, click on "daily cap tracker"

You will see a column named "ACCUM. HIT". That is his cap hit to date and what it has cost the Bruins.

Subtract that total from his "CAP HIT" and that is what an acquiring team is responsible for.

But CapFriendly does all the math for you, so no need to do all that LOL

Go to CapFriendly's main page CapFriendly - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

The number shown under "CURRENT CAP SPACE" is the total value of cap hit that can be added today. In other words, anyone who has more than $7.250,000 in cap space or LTIR space can add David Krejci.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Can’t we buy and sell? If Rask is healthy by the dead line I trade Halak, Krejci, Kuraly. Use the picks or young guys as part of a deal for Garland\ Keller. If Bergeron,Krejci,Coyle isn’t working now it sure won’t when they are a year older.
if you're dealing Halak, are you comfortable with Vladar as your default starter without activating Booth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad