Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
WRONG.

IF Rask was active... Vladar is teaming with Swayman at Providence, with Keyser in the wings there as well.

Okay, clearly you are not getting what I am saying and I know I am not getting what you are talking about. We are reading from two different pages here and not for the first time :laugh: I am moving on.

Reactions: JCRO

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Along with the obvious results in the scoreboard, there is something intangible they’re missing each night. It is tough to describe, but I see it almost every game they’re on the ice. The “it” factor or compete factor, if you will.

For that reason, in addition to the parade of injuries, I sell... at least Krejci’s contract, if there’s no plan to re-sign him a short-term deal in the off-season. With or without him, they aren’t getting very far this season.

Reactions: bbfan419

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Yup. Rentals are going to be costly and push the replenishment further down the road. If they sell, maybe a retool is possible. I can just see them sniffing Palmieri. He’s going to get here and do nothing.
Players come to Boston and crap out because after Line 1, nobody can make a tape to tape pass! The good teams make more clean passes in one rush than the B's do in a complete game. That's why I say 2 or 3 players will not help this team. Trade all the players who can't or won't pass and get Girard Gallant to coach this team and start from scratch next year. This season is done! DS had 5 years to improve this club and has not, so time to go and if the team does not improve then fans have to stop buying tickets.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Playoffs?

Playoffs?
37f45872.gif

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Garland will cost assets plus a new contract

You know that Jacobs/Sweeney dont like to do this

They like draft picks or reclamation projects like Ritchie, Coyle

If zona trades Garland. They will do it for a bidding war. Dont remember the last time the Bruins were involved in such a thing

I’m sorry, how do we know Sweeney and Jacobs don’t like the bolded?

Have the B’s been in a position at the TDL in the last few years where they had a lot of Cap space the following year and not a lot of their own to sign?

One would think that a player like Garland or Mantha that would be under team control down the road would be desirable given the situation?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
They are highly skilled players that bring different
elite skills. Their isnt much difference
either way in talent but there is 3.3M in $$$.

Eichel is offensively Coyle with elite offensive skills.
I would like Eichel, but have him paying with Pasta on one line and then Bergeron and Marchand on another line.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Imagine all those years when Washington struggled against Pittsburg in the playoffs and they went "you know what, maybe it's Ovi that's the problem".

Go ahead and trade your mother, I'll keep mine. The 35+ goal/90+ point player is not the problem nor is he the piece to bring back the return to fix it.

Trade anything but McAvoy and Pastrnak and I think Bergy and Machand is a given as well.
Exactly this.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Can Seattle actually claim Krejci if he’s not resigned by Sweeney during this season? Or does his impending UFA status prevent him from being selected?
Seattle has a window of a few days to negotiate with all UFA, if however they do sign one, say Krejci then that counts as their pick from that team's roster for the expansion draft.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Except that AZ allegedly is open to trading him because he's about to get expensive. By that logic they wouldn't take DeBrusk back; they could just keep Garland.
Unless Garland will cost more than Debrusk.

Garland could also push his way out by telling them he wants more, (is he arbitration eligible and would Arizona want to avoid that?)

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Seattle has a window of a few days to negotiate with all UFA, if however they do sign one, say Krejci then that counts as their pick from that team's roster for the expansion draft.
Is that true about the UFA? I've heard conflicting things, if you have a link, would like to know for sure.

Reactions: bbfan419

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
if you're dealing Halak, are you comfortable with Vladar as your default starter without activating Booth?

I have more confidence in a Swayman/Vladar partnership in goal than a Halak/Vladar partnership. Halak is what he is, a good backup, but not a playoff goalie.

If there is someone willing to give up a decent pick for Halak the Bruins should jump all over it

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
right now the draft is a week before free agency starts.
Key dates for 2020-21 NHL season: Tentative Jan. 13 start, more (reports)

so not sure of how that impacts things or doesnt.
Doesn't say anything specific about the rules of free agents (or if it did I missed it?)

I remember the expansion team can select an RFA during the expansion draft per usual expansion rules.

I THOUGHT they did get a head start on signing UFA, but can't find a confirmation or dismissal of the UFA situation whether it counts as their pick. The expansion draft is July 21.

When is the window that Seattle can talk to free agents? It would need to be before July 21 and the UFA signed before then to count as selection to make any sense.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’d flip Tinordi at the TDL for a 3rd or 4th. He’s shown he could provide depth for a contender I feel. Another player who could turn into a nice investment like Ritchie.

I’m on the sell train, 100% now.

Not sure I am on the sell 100% train, but absolutely if someone is willing to give up a 3rd or 4th for Tinordi, you'd be crazy not to deal him.

I am fully on the I need guys who can help for the next 3 years plan at the deadline, and absolutely willing to trade the bit part guys who are not going to be here next year.

Not sure where I am on Krejci, In general I want to keep him, and give him a couple year contract at a lower price moving forward. On the other hand if someone is willing to give up a young potential top 6 center for him, or give up a pick and a very good prospect for him I would have to think long and hard

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I am sure you could google it, but Dom and others stated the same thing.
I did search it, like I said conflicting reports.

If you have Dom's link/comment to it, feel free to share.

They posted the key dates:
  • July 17: Deadline for NHL teams to submit expansion draft protection lists to the Seattle Kraken, TSN’s Frank Seravalli reports.
  • July 21: 2021 NHL Expansion Draft for the Seattle Kraken.
  • July 23-24: 2021 NHL Draft slated to take place.
  • July 28: 2021 NHL Free Agency, which might be a frenzy.
When is the window for them to talk to UFA? It would need to be before July 21st to make any sense.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I did search it, like I said conflicting reports.

If you have Dom's link/comment to it, feel free to share.

They posted the key dates:
  • July 17: Deadline for NHL teams to submit expansion draft protection lists to the Seattle Kraken, TSN’s Frank Seravalli reports.
  • July 21: 2021 NHL Expansion Draft for the Seattle Kraken.
  • July 23-24: 2021 NHL Draft slated to take place.
  • July 28: 2021 NHL Free Agency, which might be a frenzy.
When is the window for them to talk to UFA? It would need to be before July 21st to make any sense.

Dom said the same thing in this page, I think hr replied to the same question.
They have an exclusive window in which only they can talk to him. If they sign him, he would count as the pick from the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad