Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I’d flip Tinordi at the TDL for a 3rd or 4th. He’s shown he could provide depth for a contender I feel. Another player who could turn into a nice investment like Ritchie.

I’m on the sell train, 100% now.
594091ba185df.jpeg

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Back of the napkin here but I think even retaining half, you’re looking at Minny, Florida, Carolina, and Nashville as teams in playoff spots that could take him on prorated at the deadline.
Colorado could take him at 10% retention, or probably without, as they might need to send a body back to balance their active roster.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
if you're dealing Halak, are you comfortable with Vladar as your default starter without activating Booth?

His post said if Rask is healthy, so Vladar would be the backup. If Rask does down again, then Bruins can play Booth or Swayman, their choice as a backup.

Reactions: bbfan419

member 96824

Colorado could take him at 10% retention, or probably without, as they might need to send a body back to balance their active roster.

yeah good point, I left out the LTIR teams cause I have no idea what the status is of those. They may show the space right now but will they have it when guys return? Not familiar enough

Reactions: BlackFrancis

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

don’t understand why not taking a chance on him. But no other teams did either.

those in scouting positions likely know far more than most of us here do, maybe it`s an attitude thing, who knows but if and when a player clears waivers, could be his cap hit, the teams lack of cap space, bad fit for some teams etc...

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If they traded him today, the acquiring team would be responsible for $2.25 million of his cap hit.

I will teach you how to figure it out this one time only.

Go to CapFriendly and the Bruins page. (or you could hack into my computer if you wish).

Boston Bruins - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Near the top of the page, click on "daily cap tracker"

You will see a column named "ACCUM. HIT". That is his cap hit to date and what it has cost the Bruins.

Subtract that total from his "CAP HIT" and that is what an acquiring team is responsible for.

But CapFriendly does all the math for you, so no need to do all that LOL

Go to CapFriendly's main page CapFriendly - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

The number shown under "CURRENT CAP SPACE" is the total value of cap hit that can be added today. In other words, anyone who has more than $7.250,000 in cap space or LTIR space can add David Krejci.

Appreciate the information, Dom.

BlackFrancis

Dec 14, 2013
yeah good point, I left out the LTIR teams cause I have no idea what the status is of those. They may show the space right now but will they have it when guys return? Not familiar enough
Yeah, I didn't realize Johnson was out with the plague. Figured he was out for the season as usual.

Would definitely throw wrench into any grand plans there.

BlackFrancis

Dec 14, 2013

don’t understand why not taking a chance on him. But no other teams did either.

Everyone would probably understand if they realized Senyshyn, who is almost identical career-wise to Svechnikov, also passed through waivers earlier this season.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Get some other guys that can score here and he’ll start putting the puck in the net again. He looked good when he first came back the team was playing well, less pressure on him to score.

Gotta grab Garland. Good for the future and the now.

Garland will cost assets plus a new contract

You know that Jacobs/Sweeney dont like to do this

They like draft picks or reclamation projects like Ritchie, Coyle

If zona trades Garland. They will do it for a bidding war. Dont remember the last time the Bruins were involved in such a thing

Reactions: The National

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
His post said if Rask is healthy, so Vladar would be the backup. If Rask does down again, then Bruins can play Booth or Swayman, their choice as a backup.
not true, is anyone comfortable with Vladar as the full time starter if you deal Halak.....that automatically means Booth becomes active and you lose the taxi squad spot in which you're required to carry three G at all times, no matter if it's Boston or Providence.

are you also in favor of Keyser becoming the default starter at Providence if that option materializes....because as we've already seen... Swayman replaces Booth as that 3rd G

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
not true, is anyone comfortable with Vladar as the full time starter if you deal Halak.....that automatically means Booth becomes active and you lose the taxi squad spot in which you're required to carry three G at all times, no matter if it's Boston or Providence.

are you also in favor of Keyser becoming the default starter at Providence if that option materializes....because as we've already seen... Swayman replaces Booth as that 3rd G

What's not true? If Rask is healthy, then Vladar is his backup. That was the whole point of the post. Why would Vladar be the full time starter? If Rask remains out, then no way you deal Halak. Pretty simple, and I am not sure what you are arguing about here.

As for Providence, I don't care that much who is in the pipes there- that is secondary to whatever the Bruins need. In fact, the whole point of the PBruins is to provide players for the big club, but you know that.

Reactions: Scruffy

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Im ok with moving the needle for the future.
Be it buy or sell. But must be for the future. Solid returns.

No way, no how, do I support any rentals.
Like pissing against the tide.
Yup. Rentals are going to be costly and push the replenishment further down the road. If they sell, maybe a retool is possible. I can just see them sniffing Palmieri. He’s going to get here and do nothing.

Reactions: bbfan419

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What's not true? If Rask is healthy, then Vladar is his backup. That was the whole point of the post. Why would Vladar be the full time starter? If Rask remains out, then no way you deal Halak. Pretty simple, and I am not sure what you are arguing about here.

As for Providence, I don't care that much who is in the pipes there- that is secondary to whatever the Bruins need. In fact, the whole point of the PBruins is to provide players for the big club, but you know that.
WRONG.

IF Rask was active... Vladar is teaming with Swayman at Providence, with Keyser in the wings there as well.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Im ok with moving the needle for the future.
Be it buy or sell. But must be for the future. Solid returns.

No way, no how, do I support any rentals.
Like pissing against the tide.
Yeah I’ve floated over to this side of it. No moves for this season unless it helps the future as well.

It’s a bummer honestly. But it’s just how things have turned out. A lot of underperforming. A lot of injuries. A lot of inconsistency. And if there’s no Tuuk.......Yeah no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad