Waived: Xavier Ouellet (Cleared, assigned to Laval)

Jul 6, 2016
Who needs a #7 or a #8 d-man around the league ? Because it is what Ouellet is at best.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I might be wrong, but if a sorry excuse for a hockey player like Sherback is picked up on waivers, I can easily imagine Ouellet being plucked up by a team.
Bergevin is being blackballed by his peers and cant muster up a trade recently

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I feel sorry for him, I'm sure playing for the Habs was important for him and I liked the way he defended Drouin. And he wasn't worse than Benn or Schlemko.

So far those that are a lock in my book are Weber, Petry, Juulsen and Reilly. There's plenty of space on the left for pretty much anybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinodebino

Jul 6, 2016
I might be wrong, but if a sorry excuse for a hockey player like Sherback is picked up on waivers, I can easily imagine Ouellet being plucked up by a team.

LOL !!!!! WTF !

Reactions: Acadien86

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Blackballed??? Um. Why??

Reactions: jaffy27

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I believe Ouellet played his best early on (pre-season and early season), focusing on tight defense and in his zone.
After a while, he started to jump on the offense, but without success. (Was an offensive D in junior).
Maybe he tried too much and it worked against him.
Skating is still an issue.
He was also coached by Bouchard with the Montreal Junior/Armada Bois-Briand, so going to Laval would be ok.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I like his breakout passes and decision making with the puck but hes just too easy to play against in the dzone.. weak coverage etc.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Sherback is a very skilled 1st round pick

Ouellet is a player that every team has 3 of in the system. He has no value.

Eastern Shores

Jun 20, 2018
Time's up and no report that he was claimed so Laval bound. Here's hoping his former coach can reinvent him into a useful player.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We need Ray to help...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad