Waived: Xavier Ouellet (Cleared, assigned to Laval)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Was inevitable

Next flashpoint is when Joel Armia is ready to return, which shouldn't be too far away...

One of Deslauriers, Chaput, Peca, or Hudon will have to be waived/traded.

I want it to be Deslauriers or Chaput....

We can't give up on Hudon like we did with Scherby and Peca fits so well with this team and deserves a consistent spot on the 4th line.

Deslauriers looked fine last night but I just don't find he brings much besides a bit of energy and physicality. I have seen many Agostino plays die on his stick. Chaput for me is not awful but he doesn't strike me as anything more than a fringe NHLer.

When full healthy I want to see:

Drouin - Domi - Armia
Tatar - Kotka - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Lekhonen
Agostino - Peca - Shaw

Rielly - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen
Benn

In an ideal world I have Mete on the 2nd and Kulak makes Schlemko waiver wire material.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I want it to be Deslauriers or Chaput....

We can't give up on Hudon like we did qith Scherby and Peca fits so well with this team and deserves a consistent spot on the 4th line.

Deslauriers looked fine last night but I just don't find he brings much besides a bit of energy and physicality. I have seen many Agostino plays die on his stick. Chaput for me is not awful but he doesn't strike me as anything more than a fringe NHLer.

When full healthy I want to see:

Drouin - Domi - Gallagher
Tatar - Kotka - Lekhonen
Byron - Danault - Armia
Agostino - Peca - Shaw
I see what you mean...

But I don't see CJ/MB wanting to waive Deslauriers, look at last night the way they put him in the lineup because CJ had a feeling the Sens would be running around. Like him or not, he's unique on this team and when he's on his game, he's a useful player.

Chaput is doing the job I think the team signed Matthew Peca for...Chaput is winning his faceoffs at a 60% clip, he's not a liability defensively and he's a good forechecker/skater.

I think it's gonna come down to Chaput vs Hudon and based on what we've seen in recent weeks, Hudon is going to lose that battle.

Remember, before they waived Scherbak, they could have sent down Chaput to Laval without having to have him clear waivers...instead, they chose to waive Scherbak.

So they clearly value him.

Reactions: Agalloch

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I see what you mean...

But I don't see CJ/MB wanting to waive Deslauriers, look at last night the way they put him in the lineup because CJ had a feeling the Sens would be running around. Like him or not, he's unique on this team and when he's on his game, he's a useful player.

Chaput is doing the job I think the team signed Matthew Peca for...Chaput is winning his faceoffs at a 60% clip, he's not a liability defensively and he's a good forechecker/skater.

I think it's gonna come down to Chaput vs Hudon and based on what we've seen in recent weeks, Hudon is going to lose that battle.

Remember, before they waived Scherbak, they could have sent down Chaput to Laval without having to have him clear waivers...instead, they chose to waive Scherbak.

Chaput is a better fit for a 4th line role than Scherbak there is no doubt about that. I am just not happy with how they are dealing with Rielly and Peca , two fairly young players who could be solid pieces moving forward. Why is Schlemko being overused so much? Why does Deslauriers have a reserved spot on this team , his play certainly hasn't warranted a guaranteed top 12 spot.

As for Hudon, he isn't a 4th line player and it's again a case of trying to fit people in molds because our management can't adapt to changing circumstances. What did he do last time he was in the lineup? Broke a record for number of checks in a game. Ridiculous , the kid has the talent and just needs confidence and oppurtunity. Whoever picks this kid up, will get another free asset courtesy of Habs management.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I see what you mean...

Assuming there's no injury on forwards when Armia comes back (I think it's unlikely), Hudon is gone.

Chaput is a better fit for a 4th line role than Scherbak there is no doubt about that. I am just not happy with how they are dealing with Rielly and Peca , two fairly young players who could be solid pieces moving forward. Why is Schlemko being overused so much? Why does Deslauriers have a reserved spot on this team , his play certainly hasn't warranted a guaranteed top 12 spot.

Chaput is 26 years old and Peca is 25. I mean Peca isn't 'young' rookie.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Too many soft types in our own end on D. We can only have so many... like one lol.

Coaching staff quickly realized that we were getting out muscled in our own end and have addressed it to some degree. This is why Reilly has been in and out and Quellet and Mete have been sent down.

Reactions: Acadien86

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I thought he was pretty decent and should have rotated in. He played as well as Reilly, Benn and Schlemko. Habs keep giving away players

Reactions: dralaf

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Was inevitable

Next flashpoint is when Joel Armia is ready to return, which shouldn't be too far away...

My guess is it’s Chaput.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Mine is Hudon or Peca
Peca they just signed this summer to that two year deal so I doubt they let him go.....Hudon is a skilled player that they drafted therefore i see them wanting to hold on to him.

Deslauriers gives them that physical presence and last years goal totals should keep him around.

Anyways, that’s how I came to that conclusion.

If the desicion was mine, Peca would be the guy that goes, therefore I hope you’re right.

I’m also glad Ouellet is the odd man out, never was a fan.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They should trade Peca while he was not TOO exposed. Just not a fit here for some reasons. A pick will do.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I liked Ouellet. Not the end of the world, we are not talking about top 6 here. But I thought he did enough to be No7.

Reactions: dralaf

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Was inevitable

Waive Chaput, easy decision IMO.

Or I would trade Hudon if anyone offers up anything of decent value, IE a 3rd round pick or LD prospect with limited NHL potential.

Hudon + for Morin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad