Waived: Xavier Ouellet (Cleared, assigned to Laval)

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Well he wasn't playing anymore.

I hope he goes to Laval and help our farm team.

LD
Mete
Alzner
Ouellet
Sklenicka
Moravcik
Plant

RD
Lernout
Fleury
Despres
Lamarche

Well... Plant could played some games in Maine. Too many d-men in Laval.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Was inevitable

Next flashpoint is when Joel Armia is ready to return, which shouldn't be too far away...

One of Deslauriers, Chaput, Peca, or Hudon will have to be waived/traded.

Reactions: Redux91 and jaffy27

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I know there is a limit to the number of veterans that can play in the AHL (like 4 or 5). How many will we have if Ouellet goes unclaimed? If he fits the criteria...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't expect to see him get claimed so there could be something of a logjam in laval. I don't know how they'll manage that. I want Mete to get plenty of minutes on his natural side.

Reactions: Schwang

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Right now the veterans are Alzner, Froese, Grenier and Shinkaruk.

They can add another if needed.

EDIT: Forgot about Despres. Maybe one too much.

Are Chaput and DeAngelo vets as well?

Després wants to play at the Spengler's Cup so he may not play as much

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not surprised. Like Mete started off well, but then started to really struggle. Kulak has passed him on the depth chart. An obvious move.

I really doubt he gets claimed.

Juulsen may play in Chicago then.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Glad it wasn't Hudon - although to be honest, his lack of speed is killing him. He better become a workout and fitness freak if he wants to stay in the league. He needs to have really strong leagues and a high cardio endurance level.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Th
Not surprised. Like Mete started off well, but then started to really struggle. Kulak has passed him on the depth chart. An obvious move.

I really doubt he gets claimed.

Juulsen may play in Chicago then.

The only reason I didn't think it was obvious is because I thought they might want to have 8 d.

It will now be interesting to see who comes out for Juulsen. I hope it's Benn or Schlemko and not Reilly. I'm guessing it will be Reilly though.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Th

The only reason I didn't think it was obvious is because I thought they might want to have 8 d.

It will now be interesting to see who comes out for Juulsen. I hope it's Benn or Schlemko and not Reilly. I'm guessing it will be Reilly though.

Based on ice time it's Reilly...

It's better to keep 14 forwards (for depth) because forwards in Laval sucks. Who's the next potential call up ? Froese, McCarron ? ishh..You want Evans to play a lot more games in Laval before calling him.

Reactions: 26Mats

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Its crazy when you look at the waivers pile up:

De La Rose
Scherbak
Alzner
Ouellet

The top 2 I figured could of got a late pick back for each of them or atleast another project prospect. Don't know if its a drafting thing needing adjustment or development.

Just weird seeing a large list of waivers and not even half way through the season. I mean it could also be the sign of depth but still something to see here.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Its crazy when you look at the waivers pile up:

De La Rose
Scherbak
Alzner
Ouellet

The top 2 I figured could of got a late pick back for each of them or atleast another project prospect. Don't know if its a drafting thing needing adjustment or development.

Just weird seeing a large list of waivers and not even half way through the season. I mean it could also be the sign of depth but still something to see here.

Seems to me that players called up from Laval are NHL ready. Bouchard is good to prepare them.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Th

Kulak - Weber
Schlemko - Petry
Benn - Juulsen

Is the way I see it too. I would prefer Schlemko comes out & Reilly stays in.

I think they know Ouellet will clear, which means if injuries occur on D again, they have Alzner, Mete & Ouellet as back-ups in Laval. Not great depth, but it's better than it has been when we were calling up the likes of Johnston & Hanley.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Based on ice time it's Reilly...

It's better to keep 14 forwards (for depth) because forwards in Laval sucks. Who's the next potential call up ? Froese, McCarron ? ishh..You want Evans to play a lot more games in Laval before calling him.

I think its a mistake to bench Reilly without giving him a shot. But Julien wants to win now and go with the vets Benn and Schlemko because he knows more what he's going to get, no matter how limited. But those players don't have near the mobility of Reilly. I still believe Reilly can solidify his game. I think playing with Weber would help him do that.

Reactions: jaffy27 and a55p2

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Predictable

I have a feeling he's claimed though. Won't be a big loss. I just understand why the Habs keep placing them on waivers though. Make trades, get a pick or something.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kulak - Weber
Schlemko - Petry
Benn - Juulsen

Is the way I see it too. I would prefer Schlemko comes out & Reilly stays in.

I think they know Ouellet will clear, which means if injuries occur on D again, they have Alzner, Mete & Ouellet as back-ups in Laval. Not great depth, but it's better than it has been when we were calling up the likes of Johnston & Hanley.

Yeah it's pretty clear that's what Julien will do. I would go with:

Reilly Weber
Kulak Petry
Benn/Schlemko Juulsen

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->