Post-Game Talk: [x-Toronto Maple Leafs] Win 4-1

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Its great seeing Brooks make the best of his opportunity.

I watched a lot of Pats games and thought he was going to be an NHLer. I'm liking him on the 4th line

Yep.

4th if it must be but more specifically hanging with 19. He seems to think the game on the same wavelength as that sens legend. Or at least better than the other Taxi/Marlie boys.

Reactions: The Cobra and Havoc

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
andre-the-giant-9.jpg
Joe scarpelli chief jay stronbow on the left

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Not the most entertaining game but no reason for the Leafs to amp it up when they play again tomorrow.

Get used to it if we play the Habs in the first round. This is the way to win against them, and, the Flames I might add. They expect to win 1-0 or 2-1 every night. They lack firepower depth up front and have built their team from the back out. Hoping to outhit and force turnovers.

Nothing wrong with this approach if it works. Leafs improved D, allows them to match other teams defensively and simply bury more chances up front. It is a mistake to get too fancy against the Habs. Foligno understood this. Leafs were up 3-1 and he didn't care to force anything, dumped it in without a second thought. There was more of this than most nights from others, it seems the Leafs know how to handle the Habs lockdown style. Important to get the lead of course.

It's why I think Nash should be in this lineup come playoffs. Absolutely nullify opposition threats and just see saw until the Leafs get their chances. Gallagher will be a big boost for them, Hyman will be just as important for us.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Clinched a spot... not a pretty win but a win. Campbell looked good. Matthews goal... a thing of beauty. Powerplay is getting there. Not much to complain about tonight. They did what they should of.

Now go and kick the Canucks ass. Be smart... get on a bit of a streak here.. get the division and set yourselves up well.

Go Leafs Go

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Get used to it if we play the Habs in the first round. This is the way to win against them, and, the Flames I might add. They expect to win 1-0 or 2-1 every night. They lack firepower depth up front and have built their team from the back out. Hoping to outhit and force turnovers.

Nothing wrong with this approach if it works. Leafs improved D, allows them to match other teams defensively and simply bury more chances up front. It is a mistake to get too fancy against the Habs. Foligno understood this. Leafs were up 3-1 and he didn't care to force anything, dumped it in without a second thought. There was more of this than most nights from others, it seems the Leafs know how to handle the Habs lockdown style. Important to get the lead of course.

It's why I think Nash should be in this lineup come playoffs. Absolutely nullify opposition threats and just see saw until the Leafs get their chances. Gallagher will be a big boost for them, Hyman will be just as important for us.
Awesome points
I have no doubt that Nash will be there if healthy

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Is Brooks eligible for expansion draft?

I mean in the grand scheme of things if we lose him it's not a big deal even if he breaks into a 40-50 point guy. His value is non existent as a trade asset with such a small sample size at the NHL level.

His potential is what is intriguing and if Seattle's scouting and management finds some strong underlying qualities in his game which predicts he has the ability to offer more in a 3C type role than they can buy in and obtain the value. If they don't than we keep him and we can test him out our selves at the 3C next year to see if he is a cheap in house internal rreplacement for kerfoot.

He has played well in his games this season.

Leafs have got a good deal of strong puck cycles and possession holding players now. Guys who have grit ajd the ability to make plays along the boards in both the offensive and defensive ends.

Hyman, Foligno, Brooks, Nash, Mikheyev, Simmonds, Joe, Spezza all fit that type of role well.

We also have kerfoot/gally/robertson/Engvall as additional 3rd line forwards.

Team is super deep at forward and deep at defense. I really get the feeling this is the team to pull it off.

Can't wait until game 1 of 1st round

Reactions: The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good

agreed but this might change a lot when the habs get all their regulars back. I think what you said will make a monumental difference but the games might be a little closer esp with Price in net

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
agreed but this might change a lot when the habs get all their regulars back. I think what you said will make a monumental difference but the games might be a little closer esp with Price in net
Depends which Price they get. Having them play from behind is big

Reactions: The Cobra

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Is Brooks eligible for expansion draft?

I mean in the grand scheme of things if we lose him it's not a big deal even if he breaks into a 40-50 point guy. His value is non existent as a trade asset with such a small sample size at the NHL level.

His potential is what is intriguing and if Seattle's scouting and management finds some strong underlying qualities in his game which predicts he has the ability to offer more in a 3C type role than they can buy in and obtain the value. If they don't than we keep him and we can test him out our selves at the 3C next year to see if he is a cheap in house internal rreplacement for kerfoot.

He has played well in his games this season.

Leafs have got a good deal of strong puck cycles and possession holding players now. Guys who have grit ajd the ability to make plays along the boards in both the offensive and defensive ends.

Hyman, Foligno, Brooks, Nash, Mikheyev, Simmonds, Joe, Spezza all fit that type of role well.

We also have kerfoot/gally/robertson/Engvall as additional 3rd line forwards.

Team is super deep at forward and deep at defense. I really get the feeling this is the team to pull it off.

Can't wait until game 1 of 1st round

He is 25 years old... I highly doubt he turns into a 40-50 point guy if he is even a full time NHLer. The fact that he looks like he can even stay around in short spurts is more impressive than he has looked in the AHL for the most part.

It would be great if Seattle takes him. Get him a better shot and we don't lose anyone important. We can easily replace him in UFA and then we can trade Kerfoot for much better value than Brooks would have received.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00