Post-Game Talk: [x-Toronto Maple Leafs] Win 4-1

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
Great team win. I thought Dermott had a nice game, but for the love of God, Thornton cannot get PP minutes, unless he is just going plant himself in the goal crease and not move.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
No doubt , but my point was that , the playoffs is where they will be most valuable as a compliment to our young elites ...

right. as much as Thornton has not been consistent this season, he seems to be waking up right in time for the playoffs. Almost as if he is saving all his energy for the playoffs. Spezza is playing spectacularly well, and has been consistently good

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
dont forget that Spezza tied Rocket Richard
But he will never catch
upload_2021-4-28_20-47-42.jpeg

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Missed the game due to work. Did the boys played a solid 60mins? Did they played with grit and urgency or did they just win due to talents? Thanks

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'd like to see Keefe give some of the boys a rest tomorrow. Sub in Liljegren for Holl, Engvall for Thornton, Robertson for Galchenyuk, Rittich for Campbell, those sorts of moves. It's our last B2B game and I don't want to see anyone hurt in a meaningless game, give the others a chance to dangle their feet and provide some incentive for everyone to feel a part of the team. The rest of the season sees us with one 3 day break (May 4 and 7) and one 4 day break (May 9 and 13). We finish on the 15th. I'd like to see us win as many of our last 7 as possible, but I'd rather see the team rested, healthy, and an 'all hands on board/all for one, one for all' mentality bouncing through the dressing room. I'm curious to see if and how Keefe tries to slide in Andersen and Nash.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
how or why in the wide world of sports did SN award Willie the 3rd star?????

did they not see the same game, Spetz, Brooksie, Sandin, Campbell all played far more significant roles in tonights win
10-1-2 when he scores. That star is acknowledging how huge a 1-0 lead from Bill is. Pretty much seals the game.

Reactions: The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I'd like to see Keefe give some of the boys a rest tomorrow. Sub in Liljegren for Holl, Engvall for Thornton, Robertson for Galchenyuk, Rittich for Campbell, those sorts of moves. It's our last B2B game and I don't want to see anyone hurt in a meaningless game, give the others a chance to dangle their feet and provide some incentive for everyone to feel a part of the team. The rest of the season sees us with one 3 day break (May 4 and 7) and one 4 day break (May 9 and 13). We finish on the 15th. I'd like to see us win as many of our last 7 as possible, but I'd rather see the team rested, healthy, and an 'all hands on board/all for one, one for all' mentality bouncing through the dressing room. I'm curious to see if and how Keefe tries to slide in Andersen and Nash.

load management time. I am ready to backup the backup to the zamboni driver

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Brooks looks like a very competent option on the 4th line, had a couple good tag plays with Spezza even before the goal

Tavares is finding his game at the right time, thank god. Could've had a couple tonight.

That touch pass by Marner on the opening goal was brilliant, I take him for granted sometimes. That's a hard play to make.

I like the loaded PP with Nylander on the first unit. He's not really a bumper but he's a Swiss army knife in the offensive zone and smart around the net.

Digging Foligno. Had a couple good clears and a nice head's up and well executed pass to Matthews for the breakaway look.

Goal by Suzuki was a beauty. I'm glad we won so I can appreciate it. Two posts in and out is one of the prettiest scoring plays in the sport.

Cole Caulfield looks greener than grass.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can we even afford to make those changes because of the cap?

Reactions: The Cobra

SoCal Leafs

Jul 1, 2018
So Cal
Good times! Didn't get to watch the game live but from what I heard this was a solid team effort. Wins against the Habs are oh so sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad