WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Please, he said the other version and remember the context. :laugh: It was in a segment with Booker T who literally had said it himself while in WCW.

Also what has this got do with anything? :laugh: Literally no one is claiming AEW is racist.

oh that’s cool you should totally go up to the first black person you see and use it in that context, they’ll totally find it funny. Also do you perhaps see a difference in appearance between Booker T and Vince McMahon? Maybe a slightly different complexion perhaps?

lol somebody called it All Exclusively White Wrestling what on earth are you talking about

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lazy booking, what else is new. Just put Roman over clean if you’re going to put him over. He’s like twice the size of Balor. Reigns has been the strongest booked champ since Super Cena, Balor is protected by that already. Balor losing cleanly to a juggernaut much larger than him is better than what they did

Priest going over Hardy and Sheamus is good

Also Vince said the N word on TV but plz go on about how AEW is racist

I liked the booking of the Priest v Hardy v Sheamus match. Start to finish the writing and story made sense. I just don't care about any of them, nor the title Priest holds right now.

Hated the rope break at the end of the main event. The match itself was actually good. I enjoyed it even during Balor's random ass heart beat hulk up. It was paced very well and served as a great transition from everyone being basically dead to both men back in the ring. At that point I was wondering, "where the hell is this match going?" and my question was answered immediately. I just hated the rope break spot. I would've been annoyed with balor losing after such a solid hope spot, but it would've made sense for Reigns to ultimately overpower tiny ass Balor over the course of a 15 minute title match. It's inevitable really.

Lesnar blowing the match up would've been best.

Reactions: CDJ

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
oh that’s cool you should totally go up to the first black person you see and use it in that context, they’ll totally find it funny. Also do you perhaps see a difference in appearance between Booker T and Vince McMahon? Maybe a slightly different complexion perhaps?

lol somebody called it All Exclusively White Wrestling what on earth are you talking about

From the comments:

Jackson Brown
I'm black but I got to admit that was hilarious!
And that comment has over 2,4K likes.

KiyhStillHere
I am black and as much as I hate it when white people say Racial Slur it was hilarious when McMahon said it and Booker T’s reaction

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It wouldn’t fly back then either. Jesus Christ, man.

It wasn't considered that racist back then, just inappropriate. The reaction here wasn't nearly as upset. People remembered Booker T using the word. Vince acting all ghetto was just Vince acting stupid as he usually did. And he did say it to Cena, not Booker T. Different time, different responses.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It wasn't considered that racist back then, just inappropriate. The reaction here wasn't nearly as upset. People remembered Booker T using the word. Vince acting all ghetto was just Vince acting stupid as he usually did. And he did say it to Cena, not Booker T. Different time, different responses.

How much of a shill can you be? Jesus Christ.

Reactions: CDJ

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Dude, you have to stop.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It was not appropriate back then either. It was in poor taste and should not have been done. There is no justifying that segment, even if some Black people liked it.

It was in like 2003, not f***ing 1927!

Apparently it was ok with Booker T and Sharmell:

When Vince McMahon dropped the N-Word on John Cena in misguided 2005 skit, WWE fans react

However, WWE later released a statement saying that there was a big difference between the two incidents. A WWE spokesperson told TMZ that everyone recognizes what Vince McMahon did “was an outlandish and satirical skit involving fictional characters, similar to that of many scripted television shows and movies.” WWE also claimed that Vince McMahon consulted both Booker T and Sharmell before they shot the segment. Hulk Hogan, on the other hand, used the word in public.

They absolutely wouldn't do it today and rightfully so.

Bruce Prichard comments on Vince McMahon saying the n-word in 2005

“I don’t think it holds up well. Probably so [would do it over].
Well I think there was people whose opinions were asked and again, it’s just a different time and a different place where you did different things that were not things that hold up and I go back and I’m into the Alfred Hitchcock hour now, taping it every single night. You sit there and you watch some of the things on television of men just basically slapping the sh*t out of women back and forth as if it was just another day at the office and it’s just time has a way of making things cringeworthy.
Again, different time, different place, different mentality.”

Like I said, stuff was on tv then that absolutely wouldn't fly today.

Edit: that segment was included on the abbreviated 40 minute version we saw on Finnish tv, so they deemed it appropriate to include for the international versions and Finnish tv deemed it appropriate to air.

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
no way reigns loses the title before he passes cm punks 435 days as champion anyway because thats how petty vince is lol.

At the same time, I don't think there's anyone ready to be the guy to beat Reigns yet. I thought Big E should have been groomed for it but not anymore since he already won the WWE title. So I'd keep the title on Reigns for a while longer. Hopefully someone is ready by WrestleMania.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

Please stop man. You're embarassing yourself now. Even in 2005 or whenever that was, that was not okay.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I did. How does Booker T and Sharmell not calling their boss a racist help your stance?

I'm sure Booker T was okay with the GI Bro gimmick in WCW and the Triple H feud in 2003 as well.

No idea what the former was but the latter he was ok with: Booker T clears the air about "racial issue" with Triple H and WWE

"They talk about the story, and I understand that, but I never looked at my career and framed my career around a single match. I got paid more money for that match than I got paid for any match in my life. I'm not gonna complain about that. When people try to make something out of a racial issue between Booker T, Triple H, and WWE, someone is just trying to get some clicks. I just want everyone to know that, that was not what my story was about at the end of the day. My story is not about the dark side of WrestleMania 19. For people to want to make it about that, I get it and understand, but for me personally, that's not what my career makeup is about," said Booker T. (H/T Fightful)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Funny how when some people note The Elite is all white, the top talent is white, the viewership is mostly white and comparing how WWE main event scenes have several black, latino and Asian talent in men and women's divisions both as contenders and champions, WHILE NEVER SAYING AEW IS RACIST, AEW stans go all Tucker Carlson and say "who you calling racist? Look what WWE did 20 years ago? You're the racist!" :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad