Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Ratings are in for this week's Smackdown and they are not good. :thumbd:

from f4wonline.com:

Fast national ratings for Friday night's Fourth of July weekend edition of SmackDown saw the show average 1.741 million viewers, down 6.3 percent from last week.

It's the lowest overnight number SmackDown has done since moving to Fox, just ahead of the 1.777 million viewers from one year ago this week, which was also the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

The show opened by averaging 1.699 million viewers in hour one and climbed about five percent in the second hour to 1.782 million.

In the 18-49 demo, SmackDown drew a 0.4 rating, down 20 percent from last week. That matched the lowest overnight number in the demo the show has done on Fox, which has happened several times. That trailed the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC but beat everything else on the networks in what was a down night for TV overall.

The overall viewership for the show was the lowest among the major networks, as it usually is.

Year-over-year, SmackDown's overnight viewership was down two percent and the 18-49 demo number was identical.

Final numbers will be out early next week but may be delayed because of the holiday.

Here's a look at the last 11 weeks of overnight viewership and 18-49 demo ratings for SmackDown, along with the 10-week average in both categories:

sd_on_fox_79.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

from f4wonline.com:

Fast national ratings for Friday night's Fourth of July weekend edition of SmackDown saw the show average 1.741 million viewers, down 6.3 percent from last week.

It's the lowest overnight number SmackDown has done since moving to Fox, just ahead of the 1.777 million viewers from one year ago this week, which was also the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

The show opened by averaging 1.699 million viewers in hour one and climbed about five percent in the second hour to 1.782 million.

In the 18-49 demo, SmackDown drew a 0.4 rating, down 20 percent from last week. That matched the lowest overnight number in the demo the show has done on Fox, which has happened several times. That trailed the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC but beat everything else on the networks in what was a down night for TV overall.

The overall viewership for the show was the lowest among the major networks, as it usually is.

Year-over-year, SmackDown's overnight viewership was down two percent and the 18-49 demo number was identical.

Final numbers will be out early next week but may be delayed because of the holiday.

Here's a look at the last 11 weeks of overnight viewership and 18-49 demo ratings for SmackDown, along with the 10-week average in both categories:

sd_on_fox_79.png
But it’s still what’s expected.

It’s what I expected at least. The only thing I’m surprised about is that Fox hasn’t tried to ditch them.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

from f4wonline.com:

sd_on_fox_79.png

The most important part you're ignoring.

Reactions: Khelandros

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Burn baby burn. I'm excited to see what else they try in order to save money and continue to run the shiniest turd you'll ever lay eyes on
The answers are what they always are:

-Raw Reunion Night
-Rolling out more big dudes. And Vince was expected to be sniffing around the PC looking for big dudes.

Reactions: Kaner9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Raw averaged under 1.5m viewers for the first time ever

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What's the speculation on LIMITED Keith Lee??

Since Mia Yim got Covid, he's been out basically since. She hinted on social media that it's been health reasons. He was on a Takeover Watch Along and sounded very winded. But there's also stories that WWE want to trademark his name but can't without his approval and he also wants to trademark it himself. So might be both.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Woods pinned lashley clean? Woof. I don’t care that it was a desperation roll up, or that Lashley is gonna go psycho and kill Kofi at the ppv, that just can’t happen.

Also they’re still calling this poor woman “DOUDROP?”

for those reasons, I’m out.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Woods pinned lashley clean? Woof. I don’t care that it was a desperation roll up, or that Lashley is gonna go psycho and kill Kofi at the ppv, that just can’t happen.

Also they’re still calling this poor woman “DOUDROP?”

for those reasons, I’m out.

That's Piper Niven to you. Which is the name she'll use when she eventually turns on Eva Marie.

Reactions: TD Charlie

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think they’re sold out for tonight.

I don’t think it will drop that far quite yet

Good for them because it would be a really bad look if they hadn't. No one showing up even after a year of waiting to come back is about as damning a gesture as it gets. But had it happened it would not have surprised me. WWE really needs to look in the mirror and take an opportunity to change the recipe before it's too late.

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Tonight will be the first time I'm actually going out of my way and making a point of watching Smackdown or Raw in at least 5 years. Just because of the live crowd.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Yeah - that should really help the ratings. :shakehead

fromewrestlingnews.com:

According to a new report from Fightful Select, we could be seeing the return of Bill Goldberg to WWE on Monday’s episode of RAW. This move is reportedly to set up a huge SummerSlam clash with Bobby Lashley.

The report states that “As of Thursday, WWE’s plan was for Bill Goldberg to return on Monday’s episode to set up an eventual match with Bobby Lashley, targeted for SummerSlam.”

This will be Goldberg’s second match of 2021 which is how many he is contracted to participate in a year. His last match was against Drew McIntyre at this year’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view event, where he was defeated in under 3 minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really too bad that WCW couldn't hold on until Vince went senile. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad