WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Don't get too excited. Only a matter of time before they push Reigns as a babyface with basically this same exact gimmick.

Only happens if the crowds start cheering him, which might happen. Will work as Roman is showing how hyper talented he is right now.

He hasn't cut a bad promo or had a bad match in a year now.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Only happens if the crowds start cheering him, which might happen. Will work as Roman is showing how hyper talented he is right now.

He hasn't cut a bad promo or had a bad match in a year now.

also elevated most guys that have had programs with him. Main event Jey Uso had some serious potential there for a while, and could still pop if they revisit it at the right moment

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Don’t know if people know this but the Roman/Mysterio hell in a cell match is tonight and not Sunday

Reactions: Kaner9

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
The HIAC on a Smackdown was nice but the commercial breaks really broke up the flow. HIAC itself is really been saturated. Really should be it's own match and not an entire PPV. There's only so much you can do with a cage around a ring, especially since they can't leave it now, and having so many of them really diminishes the returns.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The HIAC on a Smackdown was nice but the commercial breaks really broke up the flow. HIAC itself is really been saturated. Really should be it's own match and not an entire PPV. There's only so much you can do with a cage around a ring, especially since they can't leave it now, and having so many of them really diminishes the returns.
The thing is, Fox paid to get those matches. And that was before they were on a competing streaming network. Now, USA isn’t happy about it.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Why not make Lashley vs. Woods a title match? I like those matches with unexpected contenders where for a second they try to make you believe they're going to win the title. Like Triple H vs. Taka Michinoku, Triple H vs. Maven or more recently, Reigns vs. Jey Uso.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Why not make Lashley vs. Woods a title match? I like those matches with unexpected contenders where for a second they try to make you believe they're going to win the title. Like Triple H vs. Taka Michinoku, Triple H vs. Maven or more recently, Reigns vs. Jey Uso.

The hope spots are great when they use the right guy, and the right crowd.

Woods could be that guy but it demands a live audience IMO

Reactions: Jussi and Megahab

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Because people would’ve believed it even less that Woods would win.

Jey was actually booked to where he earned the title shot. While Taka was in a match where the story had nothing to do with him. Although that was a different time in wrestling where they knew how to book something like that.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Because people would’ve believed it even less that Woods would win.

Jey was actually booked to where he earned the title shot. While Taka was in a match where the story had nothing to do with him. Although that was a different time in wrestling where they knew how to book something like that.

With a crowd, those one off underdog title matches are great. Another one I remember was Flair vs. Mysterio on Nitro in 1999.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With a crowd, those one off underdog title matches are great. Another one I remember was Flair vs. Mysterio on Nitro in 1999.
The Taka match I remember vividly because I had only just started watching wrestling and was dumb enough to believe he had a shot of beating Triple H since he looked so good. But the audience still has to believe for something like that to work, whether it's before or during the match, and that just wasn't the case here because you have already established that Kofi vs. Lashley is what they're not only working towards but booked the match for 4 weeks, which is already outside of how WWE makes plans these days.

Reactions: Megahab and ShelbyZ

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The Taka match I remember vividly because I had only just started watching wrestling and was dumb enough to believe he had a shot of beating Triple H since he looked so good. But the audience still has to believe for something like that to work, whether it's before or during the match, and that just wasn't the case here because you have already established that Kofi vs. Lashley is what they're not only working towards but booked the match for 4 weeks, which is already outside of how WWE makes plans these days.

I didn't know Lashley vs. Kofi was already booked.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

All the gimmick PPVs (Extreme Rules, Money in the bank, HIAC, TLC) have watered down the match-types they represent. A TLC match or HIAC match should occur maybe once every year or I'd even prefer once every two years. Make it feel special again. Us it as the blow-off for a major long-term feud.

HIAC in particular you make a great point that there is only so much you can do within the confines of the cell. And all of those spots have been done before multiple times now.

It's been almost 25 years now since HIAC debuted. If they shelved it for 3-4 years to freshen it up I'd be fine with that too.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
All the gimmick PPVs (Extreme Rules, Money in the bank, HIAC, TLC) have watered down the match-types they represent. A TLC match or HIAC match should occur maybe once every year or I'd even prefer once every two years. Make it feel special again. Us it as the blow-off for a major long-term feud.

HIAC in particular you make a great point that there is only so much you can do within the confines of the cell. And all of those spots have been done before multiple times now.

It's been almost 25 years now since HIAC debuted. If they shelved it for 3-4 years to freshen it up I'd be fine with that too.

Wwe stealing ideas from tna lol. If wwe would cut the ppvs every year this problem could just go away. The ppvs are all free now anyway with subscription. I don't get why they keep doing this shit

Reactions: BruinDust

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Everything you say here I agree with. It should be mentioned though that I don’t think even Vince wants to do all these HIAC matches. Fox got mad that they were promoting these matches for a rival streaming service so they wanted one on their air - a valid complaint, and in turn USA got mad that Fox got one and they didn’t - valid too but not as much since they are under the same umbrella as Peacock. I bet they do close to the same thing for Money in the Bank. That’s how we had 2 Wrestlemania matches on Smackdown.

Reactions: BruinDust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->