GDT: WWE Smackdown: Trotz vs. Roy (also, a hockey game)

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Dump, Chase, Grind
Dump, Chase, Grind

Other than Smith & Willy, we still have redundant players.
Ready for Stalberg and Forsberg to get healthy.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Interesting stats on NHL.COM. No penalties so all even strength and Legwand line again, least amount of ice time? Maybe because it is Legwand contract year? Ha ha

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It looked to me like he was just standing there and let the play happen. He needs to reach out and do something to Parenteau. Even taking a slashing penalty is better than letting the goal happen.

We looked okay until the goal. Very back-and-forth like the St. Louis game. One odd bounce and we're tied.

Yea it looked like he was trying to go for the poke check instead of clearing the crease and boxing his man out. It's still a learning curve with him at the NHL level though. Pretty good period with the exception of that one play.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
You know, I'm not Hornqvist's biggest fan and I think he's a bit overpaid, but at least he goes out there and tries to earn that money unlike a lot of players.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Stop booing and watch the replay. It's bad enough that this going to be matching calls.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Don't tell me they get a ****ing PP out of this...

This is load of horse ****.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Josi was defenseless in that position. Gotta get a better look at it to see if he left his feet.

CavemanLawyer

Feb 22, 2006
Ocean City, MD
Guys, if any of you have the chance to watch the Av broadcast, it is HILARIOUS. Listening to these guys you'd think Downie was selling Girl Scout Cookies for dying children and Weber and Bourque beat the **** of him and killed a puppy for good measure as Downie tried to save it.

I've been watching a lot of Av games, all preseason and stuff just cause I like the outlook of their team...But man. It is the biggest brainwashed, and brainwashing, of any crew I've ever seen in my life. I don't think I can ever take any Av fan seriously since they watch games with these guys commentating.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Pete and Terry are on a tangent. Weber with a double minor for roughing. Downie with a minor for charging. Wilson sitting in the box so the teams play 5 on 4 for the PP.

Hornqvist with nothing but a slap to the chest from an official.

I'm expecting a review of that hit by Shannahan ... looked like Downie might have been airborne at impact.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Coyotes fan coming in peace. What's going on with Filip Forsberg? Did he make the opening day roster?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad