GDT: WWE Smackdown: Trotz vs. Roy (also, a hockey game)

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
wwe_default.jpg

Coming off a victory over heavyweight Bruce Boudreau, Patrick Roy will attempt to defend his home from veteran Barry Trotz, a many time no-neck weight class champion. Called by many "the fight of the century", this bout will pit offense against defense, passion against intelligence, and neck against no neck.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS FIGHT

tumblr_mu5hmvNd1t1r76g3io1_1280.jpg

WHEN: 8 CST

WHERE: The Mile-High City

:nashville
Wilson-Legwand-Hornqvist
Bourque-Cullen-Smith
Spaling-Fisher-Nystrom
Clune-Gaustad-Hendricks

Weber-Josi
Jones-Klein
Bartley-Ekholm

Rinne
Hutton

:avs

O'Reilly - Duchene - Downie
Tanguay - Stastny - McLeod
McGinn - MacKinnon - Parenteau
Bordeleau - Mitchell - Cliche

EJ - Hejda
Barrie - Benoit
Guenin - Sarich

Varlamov
Giguere

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
From the Avs Twitter account

@Avalanche said:
Roy says that Gabe Landeskog (leg) is out for tonight's game. He is listed as day to day and is expected to be on the upcoming road trip.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
We will get our butts kicked again. I will be watching Henry IV Part II on PBS tonight. I will go to bed much happier.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
their squad of forwards looks worse than ours IMO.

i mean come on, cody mcleod wears an A and is on the second line over jamie mcginn.

we need to winnnn.

and on that note, clune vs. downie and nystrom or hendricks vs. mcleod

maple8

Dec 28, 2009

i mean come on, cody mcleod wears an A and is on the second line over jamie mcginn.

we need to winnnn.

Bolded is a joke right? Avs have pretty a pretty sorry D corps but they have one of the most stacked top 9 groups in the league.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville

we need to winnnn.

Mackinnon and Parenteau are on their third line. I agree that we have better depth, but even with Landeskog out, Duchene, Stastny, Mackinnon, and Parenteau are better than any F on our team offensively.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Need this. I hope we don't start at home in an 0-2 hole. Jones will have a big chip on his shoulder.

Go Preds!!!

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
What I'm really looking forward to is Roy vs torterella!! That will be epic! Lol

Who's crazier?!

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
2nd line will be Mitchell - Stastny - Tanguay.
4th line will be McLeod - Cliche - Bordeleau.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011

we need to winnnn.

I don't know if you are being serious or not.

Jamie McGinn is on the 3rd line because that line was great last game and had some wicked chemistry. Besides that the top 3 lines were all about equal in TOI.

And McLeod wears an A because he is a leader. It has nothing to do with offensive skill.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

we need to winnnn.

Bordeleau won't sit on the sidelines while those two get fights.

I bet Hendricks vs. Bordeleau happens

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
Great GDT! :yo::laugh:

Looking forward to this game. Regardless of who's starting in net for NSH, I think they'll be looking to come out strong and hard despite playing last night.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I'm counting on seeing a much more organized Preds team tonight. Hoping for a 6-5 victory against our new division foes. Hopefully Jones goes off.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
All I want to see is Jones go beast mode tonight. All you read about the kid it had to hurt when the Av's didn't draft him. I want to see his immediate answer tonight.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
We should have more luck breaking this team down than we did with St. Louis. Their defense looks really, really bad. It's just a matter of keeping them off the scoreboard, which will be no small task. I'm cautiously optimistic.

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
I'm just glad Pekka is starting. At this point I care about how he looks in net more than I care about getting the win.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
How weird is it to say "division-rival Colorado Avalanche"? Pretty weird. But then again I guess we'll get that a lot this year. Anyway, for a few months I've said that Jones would get his first NHL goal on Oct 4, in overtime, in his second career game, in his hometown (basically), against his favori........anyway, you know the rest. Jones wins it in OT and roll credits.

Preds-4
Avs-3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->