WWE: WWE Network and Business Thread III [network count a "genuine disappointment"]

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE stock is stable in the $19-20 range, imo. If it ever dips to $13-$16, I'd suggest buying until it goes up a bit.

What if you spoof your Apple TV location to access the American app store, where the app is?

I'd still have to create a separate account and pay for the network twice, once through Rogers and once to WWE a month. There's no way to sign in using your cable provider whether you spoof it or not.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
WWE stock is stable in the $19-20 range, imo. If it ever dips to $13-$16, I'd suggest buying until it goes up a bit.

I'd still have to create a separate account and pay for the network twice, once through Rogers and once to WWE a month. There's no way to sign in using your cable provider whether you spoof it or not.
Oh, so when you watch online you sign in with your provider, not an email. That sucks.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Oh, so when you watch online you sign in with your provider, not an email. That sucks.

If you try signing in with just an email you're prompted to subscribe to the network, but then blocked because you're in Canada. Even if you try spoofing the location.

It's not worth it for me to go through all the hassle. It's dumb. It sucks for those who cut the cord and can't access the network legally in Canada.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If you play it right, WWE is actually a fairly stable stock option to make money off of as long as you play the trends. They tend to peak at Mania and Summerslam and drop off soon after that. But it's certainly not something you're going to really make money at by holding onto it long-term.

The day Vince falls is, I will wait for the knee-jerk drop and buy some. The WWE is well-oiled machine that doesn't need Vince anymore. Actually it might be better without him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This time of year last year, Raw was averaging a 2.56 rating. This year, they're averaging a 2.20 rating.

This time of year last year, Smackdown was averaging a 1.81 rating. This year, with the switch to live on Tuesdays, they're averaging 1.86. It's bucking the longstanding trend over the years of ratings and viewership declining.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This time of year last year, Raw was averaging a 2.56 rating. This year, they're averaging a 2.20 rating.

This time of year last year, Smackdown was averaging a 1.81 rating. This year, with the switch to live on Tuesdays, they're averaging 1.86. It's bucking the longstanding trend over the years of ratings and viewership declining.

So Raw is down and Smackdown is up marginally?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They're very steady in the 2.6-2.8m range weekly since the split. They're very stable. We'll see after Wrestlemania but I wouldn't be surprised if it sticks in that range.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's Wrestlemania season. Smackdown has been consistent since the split with the exception of the election night.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i was thinking about getting it and watching it on my computer. my cable provider is shaw. so i'd just have to login to my shaw account make a wwe network account and thats it? is it worth it? has some pretty interesting shows.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think Alvarez is that far off for believing that Nitro switching to 3 hours helped kill them in the ratings war. Point being that the 3 hour RAW is not helping them at all.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i was thinking about getting it and watching it on my computer. my cable provider is shaw. so i'd just have to login to my shaw account make a wwe network account and thats it? is it worth it? has some pretty interesting shows.

You'd have to subscribe to the network through your provider first ($11.99/mo.) before you could access it online.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
This year will be interesting to see. Last year was an election year and the media coverage was insane. The news networks did great to the expense of sports and wrestling. MCG do you think this year will have a raw where it dips more than the lowest raw last year?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

I have a friend in the states with the Network. I use his login when I want to watch something on demand on my PS4. When I want to watch something live, I have the channel with Bell.

It's a great setup, but it shouldn't be necessary. Just let Canadians get the proper on demand features on apps and not just the web version.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This year will be interesting to see. Last year was an election year and the media coverage was insane. The news networks did great to the expense of sports and wrestling. MCG do you think this year will have a raw where it dips more than the lowest raw last year?

Lowest rated Raw was a 1.75 last year -- 2.46m viewers when it went head-to-head with a debate.

Next lowest was 1.88 rating, roughly 2.6m viewers or so? So... I don't think they'll go as low as 2.46m again in the fall, but 2.5m is definitely doable.

I have a friend in the states with the Network. I use his login when I want to watch something on demand on my PS4. When I want to watch something live, I have the channel with Bell.

It's a great setup, but it shouldn't be necessary. Just let Canadians get the proper on demand features on apps and not just the web version.

I used to do the same thing with someone who posted here but then the jabroni cancelled his network account. Thankfully it started up in Canada. What a jabroni. I hope he reads this. He's a big jabroni.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Top 20 shows wwe network till saturday last week

#20 - WrestleMania 30
#19 - SummerSlam 2016
#18 - Top 50 Incidents in ECW History
#17 - NXT (378)
#16 - WrestleMania 17
#15 - Legends with JBL: Jimmy Hart
#14 - WrestleMania Rewind: Latino Heat
#13 - Talking Smack (914)
#12 - WrestleMania 31
#11 - WWE 24: WrestleMania Dallas

#10 - Survivor Series 2016
#9 - Raw (1236)
#8 - Holy Foley: Moment of Truth (Ep: 10)
#7 - WrestleMania 32
#6 - Royal Rumble 2017
#5 - NXT (379)
#4 - Elimination Chamber 2017
#3 - 205 Live (14)
#2 - Talking Smack (915)
#1 - NXT (380)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Stated goals for management in 2017 are not to grow network subscriptions, but instead to grow the average number of hours each subscriber is spending on the network. The number declined in 2016 from 2015.

Key goals in 2017 are listed as: growing the WWE Network (avg. hours, not more subscribers), increase International revenue, increase certain television ratings, social media metrics, sponsorship and net promoter scores, increase revenue from new product initiatives and come up with new actionable initiatives to grow revenue and social media presence and followers in certain new markets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad