WWE: WWE Network and Business Thread III [network count a "genuine disappointment"]

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
That downloading feature could come in handy for those long family drives or those who's cell phones have low data caps. Does downloading taking more bandwith than streaming or is it better? The wwe network takes around 2-3 gigs to stream since they don't have a sd feature. The price can add up for those with internet data caps for their home internet.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
That downloading feature could come in handy for those long family drives or those who's cell phones have low data caps. Does downloading taking more bandwith than streaming or is it better? The wwe network takes around 2-3 gigs to stream since they don't have a sd feature. The price can add up for those with internet data caps for their home internet.
Yeah, it adds up if you literally only stream. I use my internet a fair bit and have never gone over my 150 GB.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Yeah, it adds up if you literally only stream. I use my internet a fair bit and have never gone over my 150 GB.

Used to be with Telus and they had a 300 gig data cap and I always went over in the 350 range. I didnt do any downloading, although my internet is shared across 3 people who also stream a lot. Now with Shaw there are no data caps and that makes a difference.

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
WWE Network came to Canada in February 2015 for $11.99 CDN. We still have no on demand content with Bell. Even when you try going online there's no Cable option to choose Bell either. There's an option for Rogers but not sure how much on demand content they have

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Rogers on-demand content hasn't been updated since it first rolled out on the service. It's an embarrassment. It doesn't help that you can't even access the content on a streaming service like Apple TV through your carrier, so you're either stuck using the crappy cable on-demand library or only being able to log on to it on your computer.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
As stated by Alvarez today, WWE has lost 46% of their viewership since switching Raw to 3 hours.

Does Alvarez talk about the revenue difference? They lost that viewership (which may or may not have happened without the 3rd hour) but what about what USA is paying them for the 3rd hour?

From my understanding its USA that wants RAW to be 3 hours. Wouldn't surprise me if most in WWE would rather have a 2 hour raw. Easier to produce a 2 hour show.

I highly doubt USA could put in some crappy show in RAWS 1st hour and draw 2.9-3.5 Million viewers.

I think everyone agrees 3 hours is too much. It makes PPV's seem stupid when its the same length as a RAW show but what can WWE do if USA wants it?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Rogers on-demand content hasn't been updated since it first rolled out on the service. It's an embarrassment. It doesn't help that you can't even access the content on a streaming service like Apple TV through your carrier, so you're either stuck using the crappy cable on-demand library or only being able to log on to it on your computer.

absolutely ridiculous that we here in Canada get screwed on the WWE network. Its not like we are some 3rd world country here.

I would totally subscribe if it was like the normal American network, but until then I will have to use alternative sources for my WWE enjoyment and thats on the WWE.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
With Videotron, I have access to the complete library on the WWE website.

Do you need videotron cable to sign up for that? Can I just go on the WWE site/App and sign up and I would have the On Demand and live stream?

I don't have cable but have PS4/PC/Android phone/Chromecast/Nexus player so I can get the app but thats the only way I can watch.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
With Videotron, I have access to the complete library on the WWE website.

I do too (Rogers), but I want it on my Apple TV.

The ****** thing is you can't even subscribe without having a cable subscription without jumping through hoops. I hate these types of deals.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Lol I swear this is like my 8th time bringing it up. Can't you just download the app on your gaming system or whatever you use on your TV, log in, and view the full library?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm really on the verge of cutting the cord, but WWE makes it impossible to access the network without a carrier unless you jump through hoops up here.

I mean, maybe the product gets so bad that I won't give a damn about giving up the network. I was close to that point last year. It's still nice to have though.

Lol I swear this is like my 8th time bringing it up. Can't you just download the app on your gaming system or whatever you use on your TV, log in, and view the full library?

Only on the computer. Not on apps on streaming services like Apple TV, a game console, etc., at least not in Canada AFAIK.

Your carrier account doesn't carry over with your WWE account to those services. At least not for me, and last I emailed them, they said it could only be accessed on the site.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Does Alvarez talk about the revenue difference? They lost that viewership (which may or may not have happened without the 3rd hour) but what about what USA is paying them for the 3rd hour?

From my understanding its USA that wants RAW to be 3 hours. Wouldn't surprise me if most in WWE would rather have a 2 hour raw. Easier to produce a 2 hour show.

I highly doubt USA could put in some crappy show in RAWS 1st hour and draw 2.9-3.5 Million viewers.

I think everyone agrees 3 hours is too much. It makes PPV's seem stupid when its the same length as a RAW show but what can WWE do if USA wants it?
USA pay WWE a lot of money for that extra hour as they need the WWE's viewership to keep them in the top XX viewed channels listings or whatever it is. WWE are making more money now than they were back at two hour, so they go along with it.

WWE openly say that three hours is too long. They don't like it and want to go back to two hours, it's just not an options with the amount of money and contracts involved.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007

That's was the biggest reason I decided to get the Us version. Another reason was access to the apps on gaming systems.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I'm really on the verge of cutting the cord, but WWE makes it impossible to access the network without a carrier unless you jump through hoops up here.

I mean, maybe the product gets so bad that I won't give a damn about giving up the network. I was close to that point last year. It's still nice to have though.

Only on the computer. Not on apps on streaming services like Apple TV, a game console, etc., at least not in Canada AFAIK.

Your carrier account doesn't carry over with your WWE account to those services. At least not for me, and last I emailed them, they said it could only be accessed on the site.

Join the club, move on from Rogers, telus, and all the other cable companies. They keep on raising their prices every years and the crtc isn't the answer.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
USA pay WWE a lot of money for that extra hour as they need the WWE's viewership to keep them in the top XX viewed channels listings or whatever it is. WWE are making more money now than they were back at two hour, so they go along with it.

WWE openly say that three hours is too long. They don't like it and want to go back to two hours, it's just not an options with the amount of money and contracts involved.

Thats why I think its disingenuous to blame the loss of viewership on the 3rd hour. Ratings would be where they are if the show was 1 hour 2 hours or 4 hours. We have the most athletic and best workers ever, but most of these guys today couldn't hold a candle charisma wise to guys from the 80's and 90's.

So if WWE somehow dropped that 3rd hour they would probably start losing more money than they would make up in whatever increased viewership they could possibly get.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think if WWE actually taught these guys how to handle a mic and work a crowd the viewership would not only go up but it would stay up. It's become a long forgotten art form and I can honestly say whenever someone like Charlotte comes out and speaks I just hit the mute button and wait for her lips to stop moving.

Cena, Haitch, Jericho, Rollins, Miz, Enzo are the ONLY talent that can come out and deliver 5 minutes worth of talking without looking like a complete freaking idiot. Ambrose, Styles, Owens and Ziggler have their very good moments too but it's not at those levels. It's not like the writing is that good either. As pertains to Raw in the 3rd hour we often get someone to come out and speak but even if it's any of those guys I really just don't care. The ONLY person I would actually stick around for is Jericho.

All Rollins does is whine, Haitch drones about the same crap about himself we've been listening to his whole career, Enzo follows a script, Owens looks like he can't figure out what he's supposed to be doing and I haven't cared what a guy like Paul Heyman has to say about BAAAARRROOOCCCCKKKKKK LEZZZNUURRRR for 15 years and I could care less for Goldberg.

Want people to stick around for that 3rd hour? Bring someone in who can actually hold the audience's attention while using the art of comedy. Guys like the Rock, Jericho and prime John Cena could've done stand up for a living.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ambrose is better than Rollins on the mic when he's not playing goofy Ambrose. He's probably one of the top talkers.

Enzo has never cut a promo with any substance; he's a walking catchphrase.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE: Making fans forget what a great promo Dean Ambrose is since 2014.

If you want to make money, make him a heel.

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
My issue with enzo is... yeah hes great in the mic but he's turning into a comedy gimmick like santino was. And that's not good. At some point I'm expecting Big Cass to turn heel and beat the crap out of him and not sure what happens to Enzo beyond that but if he continues down this route he's gonna not be taken seriously anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad