GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (Sunday July 14th)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Top to bottom, that show was really freaking good. Not sure what was extreme about it, but aside from the name not really fitting (and who really cares about that part?) that was a fantastic show

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought that was the absolute best result for a terrible storyline. All 5 people look strong and nobody comes out of that looking weak. Corbin is a monster heel. They finally got Lacey a nice match where she didnt' look like complete shit. She looked great. Becky is awesome for taking that move. Seth actually went into bad ass mode. Brock takes the belt off a very boring champ.

It ain't perfect but that was the only way to get 5 people to look strong, IMO>

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Joe should be champ
4th member of the Club (there has to be one) should have joined tonight
Bray pls

Besides that, this was an outstanding show
Even with the sourness around the main event, it was honestly good

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Match 1: Good Match | Poor Booking
Match 2: Good Match | Good Booking
Match 3: Good Match | Good Booking
Match 4: Good Match | Poor Booking
Match 5: Good Match | Meh Booking
Match 6: Average Match | Meh Booking
Match 7: Good Match | Acceptable Booking
Match 8: Squash Match | Acceptable Booking
Match 9: Bad Match | Poor Booking
Match 10: Average Match | Good Booking

Overall. Pretty good. Probably a 7.5-8/10

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Joe should be champ
4th member of the Club (there has to be one) should have joined tonight
Bray pls

Besides that, this was an outstanding show
Even with the sourness around the main event, it was honestly good

WWE needs a shit load of baby steps in the right direction. And they need consistent forward steps instead of 1 step forward, 3 steps back. I thought today was a very nice couple baby steps forward. It started on Smackdown, too, where KO let loose on the biggest issue on WWE TV.

I call that a success.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If I had to guess

Lesnar over Rollins at Summerslam

Wyatt returns & starts his build as a face, killing the heel side of the roster.

Wyatt wins the Rumble.

Wyatt takes the belt off Lesnar at WM. Heyman booking gives me hope.

I wonder what happens on the SD side though. Hard to imagine Roman won’t be in there, but KO could get hot. Bischoff is more of a shaky hand though. Jury still out. We’ll see. Too soon to tell but I feel confident Lesnar/Wyatt paths will cross.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm f***ing pissed.

Marked when Corbin hit the end of days on Becky, but as soon as the impact made, my internet went out.

It hasn't gone out in f***ing months, and when I was marking, it decides to cut out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I live for the divisiveness around Brock
The dude is a once in a generation athlete, oozes charisma, is a killer and legit as f***. He found a way to out carny a carny & now can do the bare minimum while getting paid, and the scary thing is his bare minimum is better than the large majority of the roster because he’s just naturally a freak of nature athlete.

I only wish he were around more because he’s so freaking good, but I love Brock.

Reactions: Kakko

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If I had to guess

Wyatt returns & starts his build as a face, killing the heel side of the roster.

Wyatt wins the Rumble.

I wonder what happens on the SD side though. Hard to imagine Roman won’t be in there, but KO could get hot. Bischoff is more of a shaky hand though. Jury still out. We’ll see. Too soon to tell but I feel confident Lesnar/Wyatt paths will cross.
I just don't see Wyatt as a face.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'd recommend checking out the Takeover-lite/EVOLVE from yesterday. Even if there was a Takeover this week, I think this would have been the first time in forever that the main roster wasn't completely blown away by it.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
People can't complain about wanting better and then cheer this main event. They are mutually exclusive.

The opinions on Seth Rollins legit blow my mind in this thread. I honestly believe it's a giant troll joke that I'm missing out on from like another thread.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If I had to guess

Wyatt wins the Rumble.

They didnt have Wyatt go over a 90 year old Taker..you really think they will have him go over Lesnar??Thats a bet i sure wouldnt take.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That was a great weekend of wrestling.

I'm cautiously optimistic with Heyman and Bischoff taking over this week. We'll see how that goes.

Reactions: Disclose and TNT87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad