GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (Sunday July 14th)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's like a never ending cycle of stupid with some fans.

Man we're sick of Brock. He's never here and his sthick is lame! We want a new champ

Rollins sucks! He's lame and his girlfriend is even lamer! We want a new champ! (i don't disagree)

WOOO LESNAR YEAAAAAAAH!

Repeat process in about a month when people are sick of Brock again.

The marks are too stupid to realize it and the WWE can't seem to realize no matter who the put the belt on, they suck because you. can't. build. stars.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I think Taker looked at the risk of being corny for you maggles... Phenomenal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This board is so fickle. Where's @BonMorrison to get on people for turning on Seth so badly.

People shouldn’t be celebrating this. Seth needing to drop the belt is a failure on creative.

It’s also painfully naive to think that somehow the next person that takes the belt off Brock (whenever that happens) will be offered better.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Disagree. Seth just doesn’t have the personality or charisma as a top face.
He was just fine in RoH and he wasn't half the performer he is today.

Tons of people said the same about Gargano and Ciampa. Hell, Ciampa was thought of as someone who couldn't be a top player in the indies. RoH wouldn't even give him the strap after giving him a MASSIVE push upon arrival. I think Seth would be just fine with a better product.

Hell, look no further than CJ Parker/Juice Robinson. In NXT, you'd wonder how the guy got a contract. A couple years later in NJPW - he's legit one of the best, if not the best babyface in the business.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was hoping they'd put the belt on Corbin before Lesnar cashed in, just so he could have that bragging right and Lacey would get hers as well.

Where do they go from here

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I was hoping they'd put the belt on Corbin before Lesnar cashed in, just so he could have that bragging right and Lacey would get hers as well.

Where do they go from here

Brock vs Seth

Becky vs who the hell knows

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm serious.

I get that there is a lost art to generating the ability to get people to hate you with the internet and fans respecting work rate and things that never came up in eras past.

But when you are to the point where EVERYONE who works with you comes away worse, you are the problem. Nobody has ever benefited from being in a ring with Corbin. No babyface is more over, no heel has gotten a rub from it.

Who has legitimately left a feud better than they’ve arrived?

I’d say the last example is Charlotte launching Becky into relevance, nearly a year ago

WWE booking sucks.

Corbin is awesome. He’s a terrific heel.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Who has legitimately left a feud better than they’ve arrived?

I’d say the last example is Charlotte launching Becky into relevance, nearly a year ago

WWE booking sucks.

Corbin is awesome. He’s a terrific heel.

So WWE booking sucks is an excuse for Corbin, not for Rollins?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yes because he was stuck with Corbin.

There is NOBODY who will continually look good with him. Any of the guys you listed? Won't work for months on end with Baron Corbin.

No he wasn’t. He was losing momentum loooong before that. Around last September is when he started to slowly tail off.

The big dip was in the Moxley program, but it wasn’t even late in the rivalry that he was dying. I remember the specific moment he got groans from the crowd and his reactions slowly tailed off and it was when he cut a promo saying when he put the chair to Mox’s back and destroyed The Shield he had a reason or something like that.

Production value is light years ahead of AEW.

No shit.

I...really hate the cash in.... I really think Rollins was 1000% being dragged down by Corbin. He's a good mid-card heel, but he was completely not good enough for the Main even title feud, and it showed.

Put Seth in a feud with ANYONE, literally ANYONE else other than the 'mid-card vortex' of Baron Corbin and we'd be praising Seth, 100%

I doubt it. I wouldn’t at least. I didn’t like his program with Kevin back in 2016, he had that program that was just there with The Miz & Finn Balor, he apparently had a program with Bray Wyatt which absolutely shocked me because I literally remember nothing from it. He’s just had a series of whatever programs. Nothing he does stands out or is memorable from a personality or promo standpoint.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
And they give the title to Brock f***ing Lesnar again.

Just as I suspected, the Heyman and Bischoff “hirings” were just to get fans to shut up online and drum up interest. Still the same shitty booking.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Sasha isn’t coming back
Nia is out another like 6 months
What else is there?I sure as hell dont want to see a fued vs Naomi or Natalya.I guess Bliss is the best option left at this time.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
i love Rollins, but yeah. he's no good champion.
Heel Daniel Bryan has been the only worthy in a few years.

but Brock.... he's legit. i never disagree with him holding the title.
i wish his thing would be better booked but i dont mind it. i like Brock.
Brock has it all. Look. Legit. Work. And his personality even is better than Seth Rollins. Rollins is a dud. He’s good in the shield especially if he doesn’t talk.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
00808AB0-4FCC-41CE-BA44-44657EFD1A0C.gif

Feb 24, 2017
His best work was as the heel chicken **** in the authority.

He doesn’t have the personality or charisma to be a top babyface imo.
I missed that. I began watching this generation of wrestling about a year ago. I do appreciate a good chickenshit heel though haha

Oct 18, 2011
I think Taker looked at the risk of being corny for you maggles... Phenomenal.
One of the few things they've done right recently. No more dream matches put him in situations where he can look good so we can remember him as the f***ing Undertaker and not a legend we feel sorry for

Reactions: ColePens

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If I had to guess

Lesnar over Rollins at Summerslam

Wyatt returns & starts his build as a face, killing the heel side of the roster.

Wyatt wins the Rumble.

Wyatt takes the belt off Lesnar at WM. Heyman booking gives me hope.

I wonder what happens on the SD side though. Hard to imagine Roman won’t be in there, but KO could get hot. Bischoff is more of a shaky hand though. Jury still out. We’ll see. Too soon to tell but I feel confident Lesnar/Wyatt paths will cross.

What about the WWE and their previous usage with Wyatt would make you believe any of this is possible?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince has an attention span that can only be measured in nanoseconds. He probably already forgot about it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's like a never ending cycle of stupid with some fans.

Man we're sick of Brock. He's never here and his sthick is lame! We want a new champ

Rollins sucks! He's lame and his girlfriend is even lamer! We want a new champ! (i don't disagree)

WOOO LESNAR YEAAAAAAAH!

Repeat process in about a month when people are sick of Brock again.

The marks are too stupid to realize it and the WWE can't seem to realize no matter who the put the belt on, they suck because you. can't. build. stars.

I can't stand when fans call a wrestler boring when it's clear as day it's the writing that is boring. Seth is a wrestler. His character should be built around it. The love thing is BRUTAL. Brutal writing. He's also not a babyface superhero. That's boring writing. Becky - written like an idiot. Brock - allowed to do whatever and have little substance to his character when in reality he's one of the absolute best athletes in the world.

It's all writing. Amen on your post. Amen.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->