GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (Sunday July 14th)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What?

I didn't say any of those things. He could work on his facials, his mic skills and his personality. If I break it down the guy has had more than one start to top babyface pushes that didn't pan out. He's also had several superficial monikers that didn't stick.

giphy.gif

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I thought Becky would get involved somehow.....wasn't expecting her to sell that End of Days for that long. :help:

Nah she had to. It would've been a no-win scenario once Seth pinned Corbin.

What's she gonna do, attack Brock? Then you're left with one of two options:

1) She assaults Brock and Brock is beaten up by a woman (I know they're making great strides for women, but Brock doesn't lose to nearly anyone let alone a lady)

or even worse:
2) Brock beats Becky and she's twice the victim of assault at the hands of a man on WWE tv.

Not a good look.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Btw I was at the PPV last night. Awesome show, but it was hot as hell in that stadium.

The Braun/Lashley match was pretty fun to watch from the seats. Every match was fun except probably Joe/Kofi.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I could see Balor coming up to challenge Brock. The brand split is dead and if I recall Heyman loves Balor and Brock likes working with him.

Blow off the ic and universal feuds at summer slam and start fresh.
The right move is to put Finn with AJ and Gallows/Anderson to do their own WWE-version of the Bullet Club which would eventually lead to a good ol' faction war against Undisputed Era.

Reactions: SeidoN

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nah she had to. It would've been a no-win scenario once Seth pinned Corbin.

What's she gonna do, attack Brock? Then you're left with one of two options:

1) She assaults Brock and Brock is beaten up by a woman (I know they're making great strides for women, but Brock doesn't lose to nearly anyone let alone a lady)

or even worse:
2) Brock beats Becky and she's twice the victim of assault at the hands of a man on WWE tv.

Not a good look.

If she hits Brock from behind, he turns and corners her, then Seth jumps on him so she can escape. Then have Brock pick up the W anyway

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I see you only joined this site so you might not be familiar with HFWF memes. Basically when a wrestler gets stale, the obvious comment here is that he/she needs either a heel turn, a manager or a s stable or all of them.
I appreciate the explanation.
I've been on the boards for 3 years but mainly for the wrestling draft.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Braun Strowman is totally going to be the Kool-Aid Man on Botchamania

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Seth Rollins is talented but he's not top baby face talented. He's Triple H talented. He can be a top heel but he just doesn't have it for a top baby. You can still do many things with him as a talent and make a lot of money off of his talent but it won't be as the top baby face. He's just not likable that way and he's never going to be just like Trips. Trips is a funny guy and could be a very good baby face but never the guy to build your company around as the top guy because his ego and douchiness is too noticeable. Shawn Michaels was the same way.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Cornette put it best about Hunter in the past when he said Trips is the guy who works with the top guy, but can never be the top guy.

I see Seth Rollins in that same light. Granted, how much of that can be blamed on WWE and their complete inability to develop babyfaces, I'm not sure. I don't know how much freedom Rollins has, much like Reigns, to be himself.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I feel terrible saying this, but I cannot think of one match in the last 12 months that was memorable. And i'm sure i'm missing something. I can't seem to really think of any matches in WWE over the last 12 monthst hat stand out in a big big way.

But there are matches that opened NXT that blow my mind that I still think about them months later. And the NXT main events... I can think back very far and it blows my mind. In fact, I can think of NXT TV matches that still cross my mind.
The only matches I remember off the top of my head are Bryan/Styles, Bryan/Lesnar, Bryan/Kofi and Rollins/Styles. There are two constants there, and one is one of the top, if not, THE top total package in wrestling right now.

That’s just main roster. There are plenty memorable ones from NXT.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
WWE doesn’t have a money making face they can legit build around.

Mainly because they make everyone lame as ****

I don't know. I think Big E can absolutely be a money-making baby face to build around if they really ran with him and let him do his thing.

Cornette put it best about Hunter in the past when he said Trips is the guy who works with the top guy, but can never be the top guy.

I see Seth Rollins in that same light. Granted, how much of that can be blamed on WWE and their complete inability to develop babyfaces, I'm not sure. I don't know how much freedom Rollins has, much like Reigns, to be himself.

Rollins being himself is being a heel that plays video games. lol

Reactions: dahrougem2

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

As a heel, I see Seth in this light. The guy who works with the guy people want to see. It’s no wonder HHH took such a shine to him from the start because they’re super similar, even down to HHH at one time being one of the top in-ring workers in his prime.

As a babyface, I see Seth Rollins as a B+ player. He doesn’t do anything to draw your attention or make you want to watch at the top of the card, but he’s a guy who can have a great match and would be right at home with the IC/US Title and having high level matches.

That’s just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad