Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Nick Jensen signs extension with the Capitals (4 years, $2.5M AAV)

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Yeah, makes the deal much better for us. I actually like it now.

Makes you think further though. We now have 5 dmen signed for atleast 2 years (most for more), Djoos as a cheap RFA and some solid prospects almost ready to step in (Siege, Johansen, Lewington, Hobbs, Alexeeyev, Fehervary Etc). Could there be something more bubbling under on the blueline? At the draft if not tdl?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I have never understood why teams sign players to an extension before even playing a single game with them after being acquired.

Why not play him for 20 games see how he fits and then decide if you want to sign him for 4 years?

Because 2.5 million is a great number to rest on for Jensen. If he takes off? He’s gonna ask for a lot more money than 2.5.

ALee10

Oct 8, 2011
makes the deal very good for the caps. Jensen at 2.5 is really good. Still like the deal for wings as it allows space for Cholo and Hronek, plus Bowey now

Yep, I think this trade actually works really well for both sides!

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
4 years for a bottom pairing D on a terrible team, who’s had one good year.

Don’t like it

2.5M is going to be 3% of the cap next year. There is essentially no risk in this deal.
Lol yea. 2.5M is only shit if it’s a neutral team. If it’s a popular team like the Leafs or someone, it is a huge overpayment. (See: Brown, Connor)

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
They're probably banking on him to replace Niskanen. He seems to play a similar type of mobile dfd/two way game with less offense, seems scrappy too. If he can form a good top 4 pairing with djoos or Orlov this is a huge bargain

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
See some of you bitch about sign and trades but it's obvious they talked before about this one.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yeah, makes the deal much better for us. I actually like it now.

Makes you think further though. We now have 5 dmen signed for atleast 2 years (most for more), Djoos as a cheap RFA and some solid prospects almost ready to step in (Siege, Johansen, Lewington, Hobbs, Alexeeyev, Fehervary Etc). Could there be something more bubbling under on the blueline? At the draft if not tdl?

Only sieg and alexeyev are really worth keeping around

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
This means adios to Connolly, Orpik and walking from Burakovsky's QO if he's not dealt, right?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
4 years for a bottom pairing D on a terrible team, who’s had one good year.

Don’t like it

Lol yea. 2.5M is only **** if it’s a neutral team. If it’s a popular team like the Leafs or someone, it is a huge overpayment. (See: Brown, Connor)

So much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. It reads like sour milk tastes.

Reactions: Saekk and Weiss1604

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5