Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Nick Jensen signs extension with the Capitals (4 years, $2.5M AAV)

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
makes the deal very good for the caps. Jensen at 2.5 is really good. Still like the deal for wings as it allows space for Cholo and Hronek, plus Bowey now

The deal essentially made room for Bowey, but not the other two...

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
This makes the deal look not so bad anymore

Yah it’s only 2.5. Not bad at all. And if things don’t work out? That contract can easily be moved with a small add. I really like this contract and what the Capitals are doing.

Reactions: 780il

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I have never understood why teams sign players to an extension before even playing a single game with them after being acquired.

Why not play him for 20 games see how he fits and then decide if you want to sign him for 4 years?

Reactions: Goldeneye

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Well that’s depressing I wanted Dallas to sign him in the offseason. He could be a good number #4, so he will look stellar on the third pairing.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I have never understood why teams sign players to an extension before even playing a single game with them after being acquired.

Why not play him for 20 games see how he fits and then decide if you want to sign him for 4 years?

Remember when Bryan Murray did it with Bob Essensa.... :help::help:

Reactions: Adityase

NyIander

Feb 18, 2019
Unless he reverts to the form that nearly made him a life AHL journeyman and Caps just paid 10mil for him

Any indicators at all that's going to happen? He's coming off two solid seasons playing for a bottom dweller and now he gets to play with one of the best teams in the league.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Any indicators at all that's going to happen? He's coming off two solid seasons playing for a bottom dweller and now he gets to play with one of the best teams in the league.
Just would have made more sense to take the car for a test drive before you hand the guy your money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad