Wrestlemania 35 Dream Cards, Predictions, Discussion

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Wrestlemania isn’t about matches. It’s a spectacle.

You're right but I feel they already had a spectacle match. Anything further from Taker is going to be more negative spectacle than anything.

Though he's 1000% working the event.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I literally have no idea who he can work. Taker/Cena was the spectacle, I don't think we get them in a "real" match in North America. Maybe at one of those events in Australia, Saudi Arabia, whatever.

I have no idea who Undertaker can work when I look at this unless they really want to give Drew a big rub and have him defeat Undertaker in about 10-12 minutes in similar fashion he did to Kurt Angle. Or if they want to do Strowman/Taker, or Wyatt/Taker. I have no clue where he fits in, partly because he sucks, but also because everything has moved on from Taker. No one is ever really built up for the Taker match at WM anymore like they used to be.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just do Taker vs Kane. Let them retire together and only taint one match.
Only if it’s one minute long and ends when Sting comes down from a helicopter and pulls them both out of MetLife Stadium to save the crowd from that match and neither of the three are ever seen again unless it’s at the HOF.

Reactions: PhillyWings

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You're right but I feel they already had a spectacle match. Anything further from Taker is going to be more negative spectacle than anything.

Though he's 1000% working the event.

They don’t care about negative spectacles after the fact, Undertaker is still the Undertaker to many people not like us who don’t watch every week and know he’s finished. They still get ratings bumps with him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Posting this here as well, since it could be a game changer for WrestleMania

- According to PWI, there’s some speculation about if Brock Lesnar is in the WWE’s plans for WrestleMania, and the Royal Rumble might be the end of Brock’s current run. Mike Johnston mentions that Brock Lesnar has been used on none of the promotional material for WrestleMania even local ads at Met Life Stadium.

They note however, that this wouldn’t be the first time it appeared Lesnar’s run could end, and then it continue, and that’s almost apart of the lure with Brock

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hope not. I’d much rather Seth dethrone Brock than Braun.

If it is Braun then I think McIntyre gets the title match vs. Braun at WM.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
They can have the Undertaker come out in a walker and I'll lose my shit until he dies.

Then I'm gonna lose my shit whenever they show him on a big screen.

Just the same, I cherished every second Alexei Kovalev played in a Panthers uniform. Dineen's decisions failed him in his last hurrah, just as creative has recently failed the Undertaker.

Reactions: LeafSadist

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They can have the Undertaker come out in a walker and I'll lose my **** until he dies.

Then I'm gonna lose my **** whenever they show him on a big screen.

Just the same, I cherished every second Alexei Kovalev played in a Panthers uniform. Dineen's decisions failed him in his last hurrah, just as creative has recently failed the Undertaker.
Creative hasn’t failed Undertaker. His mobility has failed him, and he failed himself by not hanging them up when he could go out on top rather than a string of consecutively poor performances.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Creative hasn’t failed Undertaker. His mobility has failed him, and he failed himself by not hanging them up when he could go out on top rather than a string of consecutively poor performances.
Entirely up to creative to work around that. Otherwise whats the point?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
No, it’s entirely up to Taker to call it quits instead of being remembered as the guy who hung around for too long.

Not in his rare case in character and all.

He could've been immortalized. Never tainted to his WM losses. Especially the second one. Experienced, untouchable, and still with the deadly powerful strike. Like Master Splinter if you will.

He's the deadman after all. Up the theatrics and Bull shit and I'm cool with the nostalgic part of the show while he's even still alive for us to see. It's not unimaginable or unreasonable.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not in his rare case in character and all.

He could've been immortalized. Never tainted to his WM losses. Especially the second one. Experienced, untouchable, and still with the deadly powerful strike. Like Master Splinter if you will.

He's the deadman after all. Up the theatrics and Bull **** and I'm cool with the nostalgic part of the show while he's even still alive for us to see. It's not unimaginable or unreasonable.
As long as he’s wasting 30 minutes and taking time away from talent that can actually move and work, I have a problem with it. I will always mark for the gong and the entrance, but the magic disappears when it’s between bells. He’s just an old man who can barely move and it becomes sad and ruins the image of the phenom that we all grew up with. No one wants to see Undertaker wrestle a match in his current state.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
As long as he’s wasting 30 minutes and taking time away from talent that can actually move and work, I have a problem with it. I will always mark for the gong and the entrance, but the magic disappears when it’s between bells. He’s just an old man who can barely move and it becomes sad and ruins the image of the phenom that we all grew up with. No one wants to see Undertaker wrestle a match in his current state.
30 minutes I agree. 15 max would be nice for me at least.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Everyone hangs around too long anyways except for Shawn, it doesn't tarnish a legacy if its the norm.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
RAW Women’s Title
Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey

Seth Rollins vs. Undertaker

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H

John Cena vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Universal Title
Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre

WWE Title
Daniel Bryan vs. Rey Mysterio

Women’s Tag Team Title
Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Lita & Trish Stratus

Shane McMahon vs. The Miz

SmackDown Women’s Title
Asuka vs. Naomi

Then the requisite multi-man matches.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Finn wins the Rumble, Heyman spends 3 months talking about how Finn is an amazing competitor, but is teeny weeny. Finn comes out at Mania as the Demon, beats Brock

then I wake up

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
RAW Women’s Title
Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey

Seth Rollins vs. Undertaker

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H

John Cena vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Universal Title
Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre

WWE Title
Daniel Bryan vs. Rey Mysterio

Women’s Tag Team Title
Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Lita & Trish Stratus

Shane McMahon vs. The Miz

SmackDown Women’s Title
Asuka vs. Naomi

Then the requisite multi-man matches.

I just puked

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
No more than 10 matches please. Focus on quality over quantity. Also put 205 championship match on NXT show. And do not book either Lesnar and/or Reigns.

Pre-show:
Mens & Women's battle royals. Winners become no.1 contender for a championship match of their choice.

Main card:
1. Universal Title: Braun Strowman (c) v The Demon Finn Balor (Rumble Winner)
2. Women Tag Team Titles: Bailey/ Sasha Banks v IIconics
3. Grudge Match: AJ Styles v Kenny Omega
4. WWE Unified Tag Team Titles: Raw champs Roode/Gable v Smackdown champs The Bar
5. US Title Ladder Match: Rusev (c) v Samoa Joe v Randy Orton v Rey Mysterio v Jeff Hardy v Shinsuke Nakamura
6. WWE Smackdown Women Title: Asuka (c) v Charlotte Flair
7. John Cena & The Rock v Undertaker & Kane
8. IC Title: Dean Ambrose (c) v Seth Rollins v Elias v Kevin Owens
9. WWE Title: Daniel Bryan (c) v The Miz
10. WWE Raw Women Title: Ronda Rousey (c) v Becky Lynch (Rumble winner)

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not sure how one would book Roman when he’s off fighting leukemia anyways.

No McIntyre on that card either? Don’t like. Not sure why we’re against booking Lesnar but would be willing to book Rock, Taker and Kane either lmao.

Considering how poorly his momentum has gone since August, I also have zero interest in Strowman as champ atm, zero interest in anyone but Rollins or Drew challenging for the Raw title and zero interest in The new Daniel Bryan defending his title against Miz when there are better options.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Heel Bryan vs Miz? No thank you. Completely over that feud.

I am not big on Drew getting a mega match with his current momentum either. He still feels top secondary.

Cena putting Drew over may not be a bad idea if you want to keep building him up since the IC title is locked up.

Also agree on Strowman not having enough momentum to be champ at Mania right now. If the idea is to put Demon Finn over at Mania then just let him beat Brock.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The right matches for WM are Rollins/Lesnar, Bryan/Black or Bryan/Balor (would have been Styles if they weren’t doing it again at the Rumble) and McIntyre/Strowman imho.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Universal Title match: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins.
- WWE Title match: Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Aleister Black.
- Icon vs. Icon: Kenny Omega vs. AJ Styles.
- IC Title match: Finn Balor (c) vs. John Cena.
- No Disqualification: Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman.
- Raw Women's Title match: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Becky Lynch.
- SD Women's Title match: Asuka (c) vs. Charlotte.
- Women's Tag Titles: Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. Trish Stratus & Lita.
- SD Tag Titles: The Bar (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos vs. Sanity in a TLC match.
- U.S. Title match: Rusev (c) vs. Samoa Joe vs. Mustafa Ali vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas vs. Rey Mysterio in a six-pack challenge.
- Randy Orton vs. Triple H.

- Cruiserweight Title match; Pre-show: Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Hideo Itami vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Lio Rush vs. Drew Gulak.
- Raw Tag Title match; Pre-show: Bobby Roode & Chad Gable (c) vs. The Revival.
- Women's Battle Royal; Pre-show.
- Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal; Pre-show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad