Wrestlemania 35 Dream Cards, Predictions, Discussion

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Was think about who will win the Rumble. I figure it will be Seth and he challenges Brock. Though maybe they can have AJ win and challenge Brock if Vince really soured a bit on Seth after TLC.

The pie in the sky amazing idea is to have Black debut, win, and challenge The Real Daniel Bryan. I might actually put the money out to go to Mania if we got Black/Bryan.

I have a feeling AJ will win it and go to RAW. Use the fact that the opportunity to face Brock again was stolen from him by DB before Survivor Series. I think Seth is moving to SD at the shakeup anyway. So AJ to RAW was likely anyway IMO.

I think it’s 100% AJ or Seth.... MAYBE Balor if they want to put over Demon Balor

I would mark for Black, but it’ll never happen

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I have a feeling AJ will win it and go to RAW. Use the fact that the opportunity to face Brock again was stolen from him by DB before Survivor Series. I think Seth is moving to SD at the shakeup anyway. So AJ to RAW was likely anyway IMO.

I think it’s 100% AJ or Seth.... MAYBE Balor if they want to put over Demon Balor

I would mark for Black, but it’ll never happen
I wouldn't be mad with either of those 4 tbh. AJ, Seth, Fin or Black would all be cool. I'm down for a Demon Balor vs Lesnar.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
AJ easily solves their top face problem on RAW and is a very credible opponent to beat Brock.

Maybe a bit on the safe side, but right now I think it’s a way better choice then someone like Drew.

Also nothing really left for AJ on Smackdown with DB running the show. Their feud needs to be closed out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I fully expect AJ to go to Raw after WM. Not so sure Seth moves until the summer/fall shakeup before the move though. Gives WWE a window to do Seth vs. AJ for the Universal Title at Summerslam.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I fully expect AJ to go to Raw after WM. Not so sure Seth moves until the summer/fall shakeup before the move though. Gives WWE a window to do Seth vs. AJ for the Universal Title at Summerslam.

It’d be odd for them to do a shakeup in April and then again a few months later.

I do think Rollins vs Styles is the likely main event for Survivor Series.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It’d be odd for them to do a shakeup in April and then again a few months later.

I do think Rollins vs Styles is the likely main event for Survivor Series.
It’d be weird but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them stack Raw for the summer before they have to stack Smackdown for Fox.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It’d be weird but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them stack Raw for the summer before they have to stack Smackdown for Fox.

Perhaps. I think they just set it up in April though. They could always just push back the shakeup as well. Do it after SummerSlam instead of after WrestleMania.

2019 is a pretty intriguing year. Fox taking over as the network for SD, and how they essentially want to make the product more of a sport, rather than a soap opera like WWE currently does.

I wonder how much input Fox will have. Like, they apparently already said they want Rousey on their show, but how far does that go? Does that mean Rousey will 100% be on SD before October? Will there be others Fox wants?

I imagine Fox and USA execs having like a draft :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If Ronda is even there. She does want to start a family.

I hope Cormier joins on and does commentary for SD.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Dream Card?

Main Event: Raw Women's Title: Ronda (c) vs. Becky Lynch
Universal Title: Bork (c) vs. Rollins
WWE Championship: Bryan (c) vs. Miz vs. Samoa Joe
RAW Tag Titles Ladder Match: AOP (c) vs. Bray Wyatt and Harper vs. Revival
SSD Tag Titles Tornado Tag Match: Usos (c) vs. Bar vs. Good Brothers vs. Sanity vs. New Day
AJ Styles vs. John Cena in an "I Quit" Match
US Title: Rusev (c) vs. Almas
Rey Mysterio vs. Shinsuke Nakamura in a #1 contender match for the WWE Title
Cruiserweight Title: Murphy (c) vs. Alexander vs. Ali in a Falls Count Anywhere match
Womens Tag Titles: Banks and Bayley vs. Lita and Trish
Balor vs. McIntyre vs. Ziggler in a #1 Contender match for the Universal Title
Owens vs. Zayn
Womens Battle Royal
Andre Battle Royal

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm really confused as to whether WWE is going to move Becky AND Charlotte to Raw to compete for the Raw women's title vs. Ronda, or if it's going to be a triple threat with the chance of the Raw title going to Smackdown, or what. That'd be a huge hit to SD's women's division.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Raw Women's Championship
Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Becky Lynch

2-out-of-3-falls; WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Last Man Standing
Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman

Triple H vs. Dave Batista

Smackdown Women's Championship
Asuka (c) vs. Charlotte

Finn Balor vs. John Cena

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Bray Wyatt

United States Championship Ladder Match
Rusev (c) vs. Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Lars Sullivan

The Miz & Shane McMahon vs. The Bar

SD Tag Team Championships
The Usos (c) vs. The New Day vs. Sanity vs. The Good Brothers

Women's Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals
Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. Trish Stratus & Lita

Randy Orton vs. Mustafa Ali

Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas

PRE-SHOW: Raw Tag Team Championships
Bobby Roode & Chad Gable (c) vs. The Revival vs. War Raiders vs. AOP

PRE-SHOW: Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Hideo Itami vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Lio Rush

PRE-SHOW: Women's Battle Royal
Key Participants: Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, Naomi, Carmella, Lacey Evans, Bianca Belair, Kairi Sane, Io Shirai, Toni Storm, Shayna Baszler

PRE-SHOW: Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Key Participants: Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn (whichever one is healthy, maybe both, maybe neither), Bobby Lashley, Elias, Dolph Ziggler, EC3, Baron Corbin, Big Show

STORYLINE STUFF THAT FOLLOWS

- Balor over Cena, next night on Raw they play up the respect angle, have a tag team match, but Anderson/Gallows run-in and attack Cena, Balor joins in and turns heel. Good Brothers join Balor Club.

- Rollins wins the Universal Title, he'll head into a program with a newly turned Balor.

- Becky ideally wins the Raw Women's Title.

- Bryan defeats Styles to retain the title, this would eventually lead to Styles being shifted over to Raw and eventually turning heel as well and the Balor Club turns into "OGBC" or "OG's" as they'd probably mostly be referred to on TV and Rollins would have his hands full with them.

- McIntyre would turn tweener after defeating Strowman, likely be set up to win MITB and cash in sometime around the Fox switch and he'd be the new babyface of the Raw brand to battle against The OGBC. Rollins would shift over to Smackdown in the summer for FOX, where Bryan would still be champ and we'd get The New Daniel Bryan defending the WWE Title vs. Rollins.

- Banks/Bayley become the first ever women's tag team champions.

- Mustafa Ali goes over Randy Orton clean and is set up for a reign with the U.S. Title, or to look strong in defeat in a PPV WWE Title match after Styles shifts over. Randy Orton shifts over to Raw in the April shakeup.

- Aleister Black would be brought up to the Smackdown side after Wrestlemania and he'd be build up to be an eventual challenger to Bryan's WWE Title, maybe even dethroning him as champ by the end of the year if Seth doesn't, but...

- Andrade 'Cien' Almas goes over Mysterio at Wrestlemania and his push starts getting serious, to set up a WWE Title picture by the end of the year that includes Bryan, Rollins, Almas, Black and Ali on the Smackdown side, which also gives Fox what they want by having five amazing in-ring talents and a more realistic feel at the top of the brand.​

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
so to follow that up ^

Raw Top Stars post-WM into the summer:
--Babyface:
Rollins (Unv. Champ), McIntyre (MITB), Wyatt, Strowman, Lynch (Women's Champ), Mysterio, Elias, Rousey
--Heel: Balor, Styles, Orton, EC3, Ziggler, Corbin, Nakamura, Sanity (tweener)

SD Top Stars post-WM into the summer:
--Babyface:
Hardy, Ali, Black, Rusev, Usos, New Day, Miz, Asuka
--Heel: Bryan, Ambrose, Almas, Sullivan, Joe, Owens/Zayn (tweener team?), The Bar, Charlotte

and then another shakeup before the move to Fox that sends Rollins over to Smackdown, Ambrose back to Raw, maybe Miz to Raw, amongst others.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Raw Women's Championship

Universal Championship

Last Man Standing

Asuka (c) vs. Charlotte

Finn Balor vs. John Cena

Rusev (c) vs. Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Lars Sullivan

Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Hideo Itami vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Lio Rush

Key Participants: Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, Naomi, Carmella, Lacey Evans, Bianca Belair, Kairi Sane, Io Shirai, Toni Storm, Shayna Baszler

Key Participants: Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn (whichever one is healthy, maybe both, maybe neither), Bobby Lashley, Elias, Dolph Ziggler, EC3, Baron Corbin, Big Show

- Balor over Cena, next night on Raw they play up the respect angle, have a tag team match, but Anderson/Gallows run-in and attack Cena, Balor joins in and turns heel. Good Brothers join Balor Club.

- Rollins wins the Universal Title, he'll head into a program with a newly turned Balor.

- Bryan defeats Styles to retain the title, this would eventually lead to Styles being shifted over to Raw and eventually turning heel as well and the Balor Club turns into "OGBC" or "OG's" as they'd probably mostly be referred to on TV and Rollins would have his hands full with them.

- McIntyre would turn tweener after defeating Strowman, likely be set up to win MITB and cash in sometime around the Fox switch and he'd be the new babyface of the Raw brand to battle against The OGBC. Rollins would shift over to Smackdown in the summer for FOX, where Bryan would still be champ and we'd get The New Daniel Bryan defending the WWE Title vs. Rollins.

- Mustafa Ali goes over Randy Orton clean and is set up for a reign with the U.S. Title, or to look strong in defeat in a PPV WWE Title match after Styles shifts over. Randy Orton shifts over to Raw in the April shakeup.

- Aleister Black would be brought up to the Smackdown side after Wrestlemania and he'd be build up to be an eventual challenger to Bryan's WWE Title, maybe even dethroning him as champ by the end of the year if Seth doesn't, but...

- Andrade 'Cien' Almas goes over Mysterio at Wrestlemania and his push starts getting serious, to set up a WWE Title picture by the end of the year that includes Bryan, Rollins, Almas, Black and Ali on the Smackdown side, which also gives Fox what they want by having five amazing in-ring talents and a more realistic feel at the top of the brand.​

I've always had a knack for an Ali an Orton feud. If they were given freedom, they'd be in one hell of an interesting storyline. Man who hates the fans and everything they represent against a man who loves the fans and represents them. Flashy vs. Physical, etc etc.

Also everything else is great.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
No way Mania is going north of the 14 matches they had last year. The fact they even managed to get every title on the card for the first time ever (I think) is a miracle in itself.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No way Mania is going north of the 14 matches they had last year. The fact they even managed to get every title on the card for the first time ever (I think) is a miracle in itself.
It’s okay, they’ll just start the show at 3pm instead of 5pm this time lol

Most likely to be scrapped if they needed time would be the Raw tag titles and Ambrose/Wyatt imo. You’re still at 15 matches or something, but it gives some leeway. Those are the only two matches that aren’t crucial to the post-WM storylines if you see my bottom part.

Reactions: PhillyWings

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Raw Women's Championship

Universal Championship

Last Man Standing

Asuka (c) vs. Charlotte

Finn Balor vs. John Cena

It's good...but I would be tempted to put Ali in the US Title Ladder match over Lars. Just the possibilities of what that dude can do...

Mercy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's good...but I would be tempted to put Ali in the US Title Ladder match over Lars. Just the possibilities of what that dude can do...

Mercy.
I had him in there too initially, but then I thought it’d be better for him to get a showcase match, one-on-one with a veteran like Randy and actually go over clean.

It would set him up for the remainder of the year as a contender for the WWE Title, or eventual U.S. Title reign.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Decided to do a new one;

RAW Women’s Championship:
Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey (c)

WWE Universal Championship:
Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesner (c)

Triple H vs Batista*
*Should HHH not be healthy enough, I can see Taker being the replacement

WWE Championship:
Jeff Hardy vs Samoa Joe vs Daniel Bryan (c)

WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship:
Sasha Banks & Bayley vs Lita & Trish Stratus

AJ Styles vs Randy Orton

WWE United States Championship:
Andrade Almas vs Mustafa Ali vs Lars Sullivan vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Rey Mysterio vs Rusev(c)

John Cena vs EC3

SmackDown Women’s Championship:
Charlotte Flair vs Asuka (c)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship:
Hideo Itami vs Buddy Murphy (c)

RAW Tag Team Championship:
Heavy Machinery vs The Revival vs AOP vs Gable/Roode (c)

SmackDown Tag Team Championship:
New Day vs The Bar vs MizMahon vs The Bar (c)

WWE Intercontinental Championship:
Finn Balor vs Drew McIntyre vs Dean Ambrose

Pre-Show:

- Men’s Battle Royal
- Women’s Battle Royal
- Cruiserweight Challenger Battle Royal

I couldn’t fit on Undertaker anywhere, other than as a potential HHH replacement. I see @M.C.G. 31 left him off his card too. I just don’t see an obvious fit for him anywhere anymore. I was thinking maybe the Battle Royal could be a Main Event seperator, and you just toss him in there? I dunno

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Only thing i can think of for old man Taker is to do the right thing and put over Wyatt, but we all know that won’t happen and the match would suck anyways so just stay home.

At least Triple H can work, and he’s forever in my good graces anyways so I’ll never speak poorly of him regardless lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Undertaker still has a real match to do with Cena

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
made this one for @BonMorrison so it doesn't exceed 14 matches

Raw Women's Championship Match

Universal Championship Match

WWE Championship Match; 2-out-of-3-falls

Intercontinental Championship Match
Finn Balor (c) vs. John Cena

SD Women's Championship Match
Asuka (c) vs. Charlotte

Rusev (c) vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas vs. Mustafa Ali vs. Samoa Joe vs. Randy Orton vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Rey Mysterio

SD Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Bar vs. Shane McMahon & The Miz

Women's Tag Team Championship Match
Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Sasha Banks & Bayley

PRE-SHOW; Cruiserweight Championship Match
Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Lio Rush vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Hideo Itami vs. Drew Gulak

PRE-SHOW; Raw Tag Team Championship Match
Chad Gable & Bobby Roode (c) vs. Breezango vs. War Raiders vs. The Revival

PRE-SHOW; Women's Battle Royal
Key Participants: Io Shirai, Mandy Rose, Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax, Kairi Sane, Shayna Baszler, Toni Storm

PRE-SHOW; Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Key Participants: Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Bobby Lashley, Elias, Matt Hardy, Shinsuke Nakamura, Big Show, EC3, The Good Brothers, SAniTy, Luke Harper, Baron Corbin

Results would be...

- Bray Wyatt wins the Battle Royal
- Mandy Rose wins the Battle Royal
- Breezango wins the Raw Tag Titles; Roode turns heel on Gable afterwards and Jason Jordan returns to make the save on his former partner.
- Buddy Murphy retains the Cruiserweight Title.

- Drew McIntyre defeats Braun Strowman.
- Triple H defeats Batista.
- Sasha Banks & Bayley become first ever Women Tag Team Champions.
- The Usos retain the SD Tag Team Titles.
- Mustafa Ali wins the United States Championship Ladder match.
- Asuka defeats Charlotte to retain the SD Women's Title.
- John Cena defeats Finn Balor to become new IC Champion for the first time in his career.
- Daniel Bryan defeats AJ Styles by a score of 2-1 to retain the WWE Title.
- Seth Rollins defeats Brock Lesnar to become new Universal Champion.
- Becky Lynch defeats Ronda Rousey to become new Raw Women's Champion.

Immediate storyline follow up...

- John Cena brings back the open challenges on Raw for the IC champion to celebrate winning the only title that ever alluded him in his career. Finn Balor answers to invoke his rematch clause right now on the night after Wrestlemania. After a 20+ minute TV battle with a hot crowd, Balor calls for reinforcements after a ref bump, and Anderson & Gallows attack Cena to help Balor regain the IC title and form the heel faction, The Balor Club.

- Bobby Roode introduces James Storm in the reformation of Beer Money, as they set their sights on the newly reformed American Alpha.

-
Drew McIntyre cuts a promo after a big win on Strowman. Braun Strowman confronts him, but shows him respect and McIntyre reciprocates. When Strowman leaves, The Balor Club make their mark and lay out Drew McIntyre to set up a new program over the IC Title.

- Becky Lynch is confronted, and accepts the rematch challenge from Ronda Rousey for the next Raw PPV in a No Disqualification match. At the next PPV, Ronda Rousey would regain the Raw Women's Title when Shayna, Jessamyne and Marina run in and attack Becky. Ronda and the 4 Horsewomen of MMA are positioned as heels as we build up to a Summerslam showdown between the 4 Horsewomen of WWE vs. 4 Horsewomen of MMA.

- Seth Rollins issues an open challenge for the Universal Title as he makes his mark in a new era on Raw with a fighting champion. After successfully defeating Dean Ambrose to retain the championship, Bray Wyatt immediately follows up his ATGMBR victory by attacking Seth Rollins and positioning himself as the next contender for Seth Rollins championship.

On Smackdown...

- Andrade 'Cien' Almas and Rey Mysterio immediately enter a storyline, but this time, a tag team, as Zelina Vega convinces Andrade 'Cien' Almas to allow Rey Mysterio to take him under his wing and to trust her and Rey to take him to the next level. This is eventually revealed as a ruse after a couple of months, when Andrade 'Cien' Almas and Zelina Vega turn on Rey Mysterio and Vega reveals it was all a ruse to get Rey closer and to eventually take him out of the picture for good.

-
The Miz and Shane McMahon have tag team issues and are laid out by The Bar. Eventually, The Bar defeats the team of Shane & The Miz on PPV, which leads to Miz/McMahon having a build up to a match at Summerslam, with the stipulation being the loser has to leave Smackdown.

- Mustafa Ali celebrates his Wrestlemania moment after winning the United States Title. Mustafa Ali successfully defends the championship against Shinsuke Nakamura on Smackdown, and is then attacked by Randy Orton. This leads to a U.S. Title match at the next PPV, where Mustafa Ali goes over Randy Orton clean.

- Daniel Bryan cuts a preachy promo after defeating AJ Styles. Aleister Black makes his main roster debut and makes his presence known by laying out Daniel Bryan. A tournament is set up to determine the next challenger to Daniel Bryan's WWE Title, and Aleister Black quickly becomes acclimated with the main roster audience by successfully going through his opponents and putting on excellent performances in the process.

LONG TERM

AJ Styles -
moves to Raw in the Superstar Shakeup and is built as the challenger for Seth Rollins' championship, building to a match at Summerslam. AJ Styles loses his title match at Summerslam, and then turns heel by attacking the newly crowned champion, Drew McIntyre, the next night on Raw and aligning with The Balor Club, which turns into "The OGBC," consisting of Styles, Balor, Anderson & Gallows.
Drew McIntyre - becomes a babyface as he battles it out with The Balor Club. Drew McIntyre wins Money in the Bank, and cashes it in the night after Summerslam to become Universal Champion and new face of Monday Night Raw.
Seth Rollins - defends the title a ridiculous number of times between WM and Summerslam, where he drops the title the next night to McIntyre in a straight up match when McIntyre announces he's cashing it in at the start of the night. Seth Rollins moves over to Friday Night Smackdown to gear up for the move to FOX. Will become WWE champion on Smackdown.
Braun Strowman - enters a loose tag team with Drew McIntyre while battling it out with The Balor Club, Bray Wyatt (who tries to recruit Strowman back to The Wyatt Family), Harper/Rowan, Lashley and eventually Sullivan before moving over to Smackdown for FOX.
Bray Wyatt - uses the battle royal victory to position himself as challenger for the Universal Champion. Then reforms The Wyatt Family on Raw and feuds with the likes of Strowman, Rollins, McIntyre, etc., while staying separated from The Balor Club. Wyatt Family turns face in the fall and The Wyatt Family vs. The Club (Balor/Anderson/Gallows) becomes a strong undercard program under Styles/McIntyre for the Universal Title.
Dean Ambrose - shifts over to Smackdown and maintains a strong position in the upper mid-card, floating between the WWE and U.S. Title picture.
Randy Orton - moves over to Raw after putting over Mustafa Ali and Rusev.
Andrade 'Cien' Almas - becomes a star after turning on, and going over, Rey Mysterio. Almas is geared up to be a big part of Smackdown on FOX and maintaining a high position on the card, becoming a mainstay in the WWE Title picture along with Bryan, Black, Ali and Rollins.
Daniel Bryan - haven't decided if he'd drop the title to Aleister Black and regain it for a summer program, or hold it all the way through the summer. This depends on if WWE wants a WWE Title match in Saudi Arabia in May. We'll say Aleister Black takes the title off Daniel Bryan and then Bryan regains it when he snaps and loses his god damn mind to almost kill Black.
Aleister Black - wins the WWE Title off Daniel Bryan, drops it a month or two later when Bryan tries killing him. Aleister Black maintains a high spot in the WWE Title picture, and will shift in and out of programs with the likes of Daniel Bryan, Andrade 'Cien' Almas and Seth Rollins throughout the year at the top of the card on Smackdown. Will likely win the title back by the end of 2019 in this fantasy booking, or win the Royal Rumble to get a title match vs. WWE champion Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania 36.

Last edited:
Reactions: BonMorrison

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He can’t do a real match, he sucks. And quite frankly I wouldn’t waste Cena — who can still work — on old man walking.

Wrestlemania isn’t about matches. It’s a spectacle.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wrestlemania isn’t about matches
Honestly, in this instance I don’t even care. Undertaker belongs in a retirement home more than he does a ring taking time away from literally anyone in the company that can still move. If he is there he can be the designated break from watching because 7 hours straight of WWE is tough as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad