Confirmed Trade: [WPG/TOR] Nic Petan for Par Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2006
Don’t know squat about Lindholm.

Petan, he seems to be the classic junior offence first player that can’t really make the big show.

Reminds me of a poor mans Kyle Wellwood.

I think Chevy did Petan a favour with this trade, just like he did by putting Marko Dano on waivers.

Would be pleasantly surprised to see Petan get a regular spot in the NHL.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Petan cant score in this league either . He has 110 games of proof of this. At least lindholm can play on 4th line and kill penalties.

Ok. Thats fine.

Hes still young enough he may have a chance at figuring it out.

Im not saying this is some great steal for the Leafs, in the end its a swap of 4th line/13th forwards

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Okay so let me get this straight.
We trade Leivo because he isn't what we want, wanted to get him a better opportunity.
Then we trade lindholm because we prefer the Goat at 4th line C
And trade him for someone that's worse than Leivo to replace the hole at LW left by leivo?

Am I getting this right? lol

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
We trade Leivo because he isn't what we want, wanted to get him a better opportunity.
And trade him for someone that's worse than Leivo to replace the hole at LW left by leivo?

No, we traded Lindholm so Moore has a spot....and he's better than Leivo.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Par is a good 4 liner who can PK and win draws; his O is practically non-existent, but there's always a market for those types of players who can grind; on the other hand, Petan seems like a skill guy who will either excel or bust under Babs; predict he'll fizzle out as there is no room for him in our top 9, but hope he proves everyone wrong.

Too bad, I'd rather we have kept Par, but being an upcoming UFA is probably the primary reason this move had to be made.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I'v been to your board. A lot of Jets fans believe Petan is some potential impact player who never got a fair shake in the Peg.

I feel the same way,,,,, PPG in the AHL is encouraging ,given his age/past pedigree

lack of opportunity in the peg to play with "skilled"players.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

nope, not really

Dubas kept his word to Leivo , JL did not earn reg icetime with Babs, so Dubas moved him on to give him a shot

We moved lindholm over goat because we need a cheap 4thC going forward

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
They are not the brightest ppl in the world.. They can talk about whatever they want... Jr was many years ago now.. He did get a chance.. Over 100 nhl games and did nothing notable. Hes depth at best.
Wasnt almost all of that playing on the fourth line though?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They are not the brightest ppl in the world.. They can talk about whatever they want... Jr was many years ago now.. He did get a chance.. Over 100 nhl games and did nothing notable. Hes depth at best.
Ha get over yourself, people aren't always going to believe the same things as you, doesn't make them stupid.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
So glad Dubas saw the light and got rid of Lindholm. He has been so invisible that I forget that he's on the team.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I hope Petan makes an NHL career happen. Never liked how he was used on the Jets. The thing that holds him back is footspeed and obviously his size. Tends to get smothered because he isn't fast enough. Could see him make a career though because his vision and passing skills are off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad