Confirmed Trade: [WPG/TOR] Nic Petan for Par Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Petan for Lindholm was a shrewd move by Leafs Management with potential to pay some solid dividends. He scored a go-ahead, GWG in a big divisional game, they were happy to see it pay off....and it wasn't that much of a reaction.

It would be funny if Petan puts it together in Toronto and could become a contributor on that squad, because Winnipeg fans absolutely hate Toronto and although they want to see Nic succeed elsewhere, I don't think they want to see it happen in the 6ix
I don't hate Toronto. I watch Leafs games all the time, they've got a great team. I hope Petan does great there!

Reactions: mavis

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
And... he's out of the lineup.

It's like he never even left Winnipeg :laugh:

Could tell with Babcock comment before game he was only playing to appease Dubas. Poor guy is likely going to get the Leivo. Holl treatment. Agree. Ennis has been good. I was hoping he would take Goats spot. But he has been a bit better of late and is slightly taller than Petan.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Petan was given to the leafs in the same way Leivo was given to the canucks. Both favorable deals for players who paid their dues and needed to move on.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Could tell with Babcock comment before game he was only playing to appease Dubas. Poor guy is likely going to get the Leivo. Holl treatment. Agree. Ennis has been good. I was hoping he would take Goats spot. But he has been a bit better of late and is slightly taller than Petan.

Petan should get a real shot next season. Dubas (simply by cap restrictions) will be forced to take away some of Bab's favourite toys. Up front, Brown will nearly assuredly be traded. And depending on the price tag, Ennis might move on too. That should open a regular spot for Petan.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Let’s see what Lindholm can bring to this line up tonight.
I like Lindholm for his work ethic, but he isn't a 'bring It' player and id doubt we see that tonight.

If he were a shutdown Dman, you would happily say "Didn't even notice him out there, musta did his job" but he's a 4th line center/winger... and you should expect a little more from an NHLer. He had his coffee, I'd say he heads back overseas where he's more comfortable/relied on.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I think there's already a little battle developing between the FO and Babs on him. Babcock's quotes indicated that he was asked to give him a shot by the teams scouts. So I'm sure whichever exec (Reid Mitchell most likely) that pushed him was enjoying that moment.

I think in Babcock's world the 4th line should be a lot tougher than the Leafs personnel, but the front office is going to keep bringing in skill (Ennis, Moore, Petan) to force a different look.
Moore and Ennis are small, but they aren't the steretypical small skilled guys. Moore likes to finish his checks and Ennis is a battler down low with the puck. And then of course they also have Mr 6'5 playing centre.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Babcock is overrated, can only win with superior talent, otherwise folds. Please stay put for many, many years!

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

A bit better of late and slightly taller than Petan ? :laugh:

Gauthier has been a legit 4th line force and is 6’5. He also started really throwing his weight around and playing a power game which has made him very effective. Petan is absolutely tiny. Both really short and skinny. I’m pulling for the guy but if there’s someone he can replace it’s either Ennis or Brown not Gauthier.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I like Lindholm for his work ethic, but he isn't a 'bring It' player and id doubt we see that tonight.

If he were a shutdown Dman, you would happily say "Didn't even notice him out there, musta did his job" but he's a 4th line center/winger... and you should expect a little more from an NHLer. He had his coffee, I'd say he heads back overseas where he's more comfortable/relied on.

Exactly. He has a higher floor than Petan but their ceilings aren't close.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Babcock is overrated, can only win with superior talent, otherwise folds. Please stay put for many, many years!
Why does trolling on other boards result in infractions but when people do it on our Leaf boards the mods never do shit

Reactions: Brock Radunske

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Petan should get a real shot next season. Dubas (simply by cap restrictions) will be forced to take away some of Bab's favourite toys. Up front, Brown will nearly assuredly be traded. And depending on the price tag, Ennis might move on too. That should open a regular spot for Petan.

With his performance this season Ennis could get 2M / year for atleast 2 years... he is as good as gone next season. Petan likely replaces him

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Nice, just saw his first goal highlight against Buffalo on youtube. Hope he gets to play a few more games for you guys, kid definitely has some talent!

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Petan for Lindholm was a shrewd move by Leafs Management with potential to pay some solid dividends. He scored a go-ahead, GWG in a big divisional game, they were happy to see it pay off....and it wasn't that much of a reaction.

It would be funny if Petan puts it together in Toronto and could become a contributor on that squad, because Winnipeg fans absolutely hate Toronto and although they want to see Nic succeed elsewhere, I don't think they want to see it happen in the 6ix

I think you’re a little over the top on how much jets fans, at least this one dislike the leafs. I’d be thrilled to see Petan get a chance to and succeed. Yes I think some leaf fans can be insufferable at times but that doesn’t mean I hate their players. And from what I’ve read most of the time on here that seems to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad