Confirmed Trade: [WPG/TOR] Nic Petan for Par Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
That would imply he has offense to his game.

I thought Lindholm was pretty effective in October - November. Seemed to create chances but not a lot went in for him. The last few months he’s been invisible. Not sure what happened to him.

Reactions: uncleben

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
I thought Lindholm was pretty effective in October - November. Seemed to create chances but not a lot went in for him. The last few months he’s been invisible. Not sure what happened to him.

Confidence.

Both players needed a change of address it sounds like.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Both teams thought their player sucked and both teams now hope their new player sucks less than the previous player.
giphy.gif

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Does Petan keep his head down often? He got rocked looking the other way.

Has a great shot though. Nice to see him score in his first game for us.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Did anyone catch the Leafs execs laughing after Petan's goal? On the slim chance he turns into an impact player, that wry giggling after his first goal will be remembered.

Reactions: teddygmr

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I thought the leafs won the cup when Petan scored the way they were all celly in that suite up there.

I think there's already a little battle developing between the FO and Babs on him. Babcock's quotes indicated that he was asked to give him a shot by the teams scouts. So I'm sure whichever exec (Reid Mitchell most likely) that pushed him was enjoying that moment.

I think in Babcock's world the 4th line should be a lot tougher than the Leafs personnel, but the front office is going to keep bringing in skill (Ennis, Moore, Petan) to force a different look.

Reactions: uncleben

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Did anyone catch the Leafs execs laughing after Petan's goal? On the slim chance he turns into an impact player, that wry giggling after his first goal will be remembered.
He wasn't laughing only patting his assistant on the back. Chances are his assistant had the idea.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I thought the leafs won the cup when Petan scored the way they were all celly in that suite up there.

Petan for Lindholm was a shrewd move by Leafs Management with potential to pay some solid dividends. He scored a go-ahead, GWG in a big divisional game, they were happy to see it pay off....and it wasn't that much of a reaction.

It would be funny if Petan puts it together in Toronto and could become a contributor on that squad, because Winnipeg fans absolutely hate Toronto and although they want to see Nic succeed elsewhere, I don't think they want to see it happen in the 6ix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad